Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix the bloody lag!

Trust me, it would be realy irritating if every one used their native language in OOC-channel.

Most of those I know set up team chats or friends chat when wanting to talk another language then english, mostly just to not irritate others with our chat.

But I guess not every one look at it that way.

Re: Lag problems

Originally posted by RAMUH
    1: Do my best to ignore it and just live with the fact that I have to scroll up and down to get what my friend is saying to me between all the french mumbo jumbo.

2: MUTE clan OOC and most likely miss something interesting said by someone that actually makes an effort to be understood.

Number 2 is NOT an option as I dont want these french dudes to highjack the OOC and leave everybody that dont understand french out in the cold.
    3. Type "/ignore <character name>" in the chat bar. Repeat for all characters you wish to ignore. All whilst still listening to the OOC channel.
    edict
    Clan Archdeacon

"Nothing worth while is ever easy"

Hehe, I sent an email to customer support complaining that the recent lag may be due to the German server being located in the same place as the servers for RK1 and RK2.

I got this response:

Quote from email:

This is wrong, Dimension3 that is in Germany is running on a seperate
    connection and independent servers. Nothing has beentaken away from
    Dim1 or Dim2 or shared.

Best Regards
    Chris (aka Hadrulf)

End Quote

hehe, then I check Cz's posts over the weekend and find that he confirmed that the German Server was in fact in the same location as RK1 and RK1.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=20662

Nice communication there, or great way to throw off your customers for a bit

Oh well, I was accepted into Beta7 of Earth and Beyond so I'll have another choice for MMORP SciFi game in about 2 weeks

Wink

They are clueless or in denial as usual.

Originally posted by Jeret
    Hehe, I sent an email to customer support complaining that the recent lag may be due to the German server being located in the same place as the servers for RK1 and RK2.

I got this response:

Quote from email:

This is wrong, Dimension3 that is in Germany is running on a seperate
    connection and independent servers. Nothing has beentaken away from
    Dim1 or Dim2 or shared.

Best Regards
    Chris (aka Hadrulf)

End Quote

hehe, then I check Cz's posts over the weekend and find that he confirmed that the German Server was in fact in the same location as RK1 and RK1.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=20662

Nice communication there, or great way to throw off your customers for a bit

Oh well, I was accepted into Beta7 of Earth and Beyond so I'll have another choice for MMORP SciFi game in about 2 weeks
    Hmmm well actually BOTH could be true. The German server could be in the same LOCATION as the servers RK1 and RK2 but be on a totally different LINE and be completely independent from the other two.

Or the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing so to speak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12