Thread: lol, little question about engies (do u think we sux ? ^^)

lol, little question about engies (do u think we sux ? ^^)

it was just to have advices of good pvpers (i mean Noer / Wenzell / ... ) coz i think engi is really the worst class in pvp and that fc should add sthg for us in pvp

we r supposed to be the best at soloing mission, but this only work when u r above lvl 120 and it won't be true anymore with the OE rules

PvP is one of the only thing that is funny when u reached the 125 title cap, at this point u have all nano, ql 200 implants / NCU / armor (that was like that for my engi) but now if i try to pvp

even with corona + essence + 2 docs buffs + Snakemaster + UVC i get owned by everyone

don't tell me i sux i don't i just think we r really the worst profession in pvp, we have .... nothing good ^^

I think Eng scores below average in pvp chart.
    Keep in mind Im not an Eng expert, Im a pet class tho, my stuff are pretty similar to yours - pet, aura.... except I have more tools.
    I havent met a good pvp eng Id say. Perhaps the next neo is eng, u never know (just like NTs, many ppl say they suck, but there are more neo/novice NTs than traders that Ive met)

Rerol make trader/doctor/soldier
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Wenzell
    I think Eng scores below average in pvp chart.
    Keep in mind Im not an Eng expert, Im a pet class tho, my stuff are pretty similar to yours - pet, aura.... except I have more tools.
    I havent met a good pvp eng Id say. Perhaps the next neo is eng, u never know (just like NTs, many ppl say they suck, but there are more neo/novice NTs than traders that Ive met)
    Hehe, I doubt that the next neo will be an engy.

I only have heard of one Apprenctice Engy, probably because I live on Rk2 (Rookie engy is highest here).

Engies just don't have anything that helps stop them take damage. We have high AC and some weak reflect shields and that's about it. Any class that can deal some damage in a short period of time will kill us with ease. We don't have an MK shield, we have no heals, etc. Crats are a bit better off with their roots and such, and MPs top off on the PvP chart as far as pet classes go.

~Chris

PS: The only suggestion I can place is to load up the IPs and place them into a flashpoint.. but that's rather hard, since you need to near-max fifteen dark blue skills, in coorilation with many other light blue skills and not to mention a good many green skills to top it all off.

The flaw with the Flashpoint is that it doesn't have much staying power. But, I suppose you can have a back up Novaflow for such cases.

Julia, I resent that remark. You know that soldiers are only a really *good* PvP class post 150+
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

I know but what pvp below that lvl?

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Unhappy

I am a Engi my self and is currently lvl 127, i have tryed once or twice to PvP but have had not even 1 sucses... who wonders ?

not only do a engi have bad weapon skills, but our main force, the slayerdroid, is of little use in PvP.

our nanos add's HP and some wery lousy reflect/damage debuff shields.

Engis have no place in a fight, that being PvP or PvM.

i say this, and fell bad about my choise of proffesion.

Julia-Depends. A twinked Soldier with a crit buff against a normal player under 75 will probably win. Against any hardcore twink with outside buffs taken into consideration... I doubt the soldier will win. TMS doesn't last long at those levels. A rooter would just root, move out of range, wait for TMS to drop, then finish the deed. Soldiers can't produce the three hit kills, unless they use shotguns. And even 150+, a soldiers worst enemy is STILL a Trader or doc.

Fluse-Engies are pretty good at PvM, but with the way the system is set up, they suck hardcore at PvP. You can't depend on your bot to do the damage, so you have to do the dirty work yourself. Use the disruptor nanos, they'll sap massive amounts of AMS from your opponet, which is a good thing. You can do ok against certain professions, but other professions will make you look like a goober.
    Last edited by Obergeist; May 16th, 2002 at 04:45:47.

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Yesterday on rk2 my lvl 89 was attacked by a 173 engy, his slayer hit for about 250 a hit (not nearly enough to kill me before I outrun it) and the engy himself hit for 46 per hit (RAID pistols).

PS. Big laugh goes out to the 173 engy who zoned away from 2 lvl 80's (me and guildmate)
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

lol! See what I mean Fluse?

hehe nice to see that you agree with me

i just hope fc will done sthg for it

make game enjoyable for all profs ^^

Originally posted by Obergeist
    Fluse-Engies are pretty good at PvM, but with the way the system is set up, they suck hardcore at PvP. You can't depend on your bot to do the damage, so you have to do the dirty work yourself. Use the disruptor nanos, they'll sap massive amounts of AMS from your opponet, which is a good thing. You can do ok against certain professions, but other professions will make you look like a goober.
    Ah, I assume 'fluse' means no gun? I use a 183 ithaca and I still suck. Well, probably cause I do. I'd have rookie if.. I stopped letting SuperSolid, orbakay, Cocio, and a few others gank me.

The disrupter nanos are BS.. The actually aura lasts for less than the refresh; plus if you hit the person the aura breaks, making it useless unless you are dealing with a lot of lowbies.
    The only 'use' might be to wait out a soldier's MK shield with it.
    ~Chris

"Yesterday on rk2 my lvl 89 was attacked by a 173 engy, his slayer hit for about 250 a hit (not nearly enough to kill me before I outrun it) and the engy himself hit for 46 per hit (RAID pistols).

PS. Big laugh goes out to the 173 engy who zoned away from 2 lvl 80's (me and guildmate)"

Come fight me then and see whether you two run or i run. I dont even need get bot out.

Anyway, it doesnt change the fact that engy suck at pvp though.

lol if we suck, then we need a fix, that's all, not so complicated

ppppllllllzzzzzz ffffcccccc rrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaddddd

Originally posted by Obergeist
    Julia-Depends. A twinked Soldier with a crit buff against a normal player under 75 will probably win. Against any hardcore twink with outside buffs taken into consideration... I doubt the soldier will win. TMS doesn't last long at those levels. A rooter would just root, move out of range, wait for TMS to drop, then finish the deed. Soldiers can't produce the three hit kills, unless they use shotguns. And even 150+, a soldiers worst enemy is STILL a Trader or doc.

My doctor with sefl equped Castomized Reet Desert self euiped Omni Elite at lvl 65 made run an uber twinked soldier with uber armor and ql 150 novaflow and he had crit buff and HP buff.

Soldiers do suck at low lvls but they not bad at high lvls. Engi isnt PvP profession engi doesnt have tools for it. But they win a lot in monster hunt they can solo pretty good unlike top 3 pvp proffesions.

If you want to pvp roll up a pvp proffesion o live with an idea that you will not beat everyone.

BTW i killed lvl 113 Engi with Slayer and same lvl enforser in camelot castle. Engi went down very fast enforser took longer to kill and he could kill me good thing slayer vanished.

Originally posted by Julia Pomka

BTW i killed lvl 113 Engi with Slayer and same lvl enforser in camelot castle. Engi went down very fast enforser took longer to kill and he could kill me good thing slayer vanished.
    Don't have any damage shields up while dueling an engy or after the duel is over the pet will keeping attacking you.
    ~Chris