Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next step in the fight

Cz, so your saying Add all Def is intended to work with NR ? For the record?

If it is it's the most borken thing in teh game.
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

Cant say I have ever resisted a single nano in SL with full set of perks running either (doesnt happen a lot in RK without the snare/root reduction of GAIV)

Not done any serious calculations but it would appear that mobs have effectively 2k+ in nanoskills or NR is pretty broken in PvM
    2003-2004 full time addict
    2004-2005 full time testlive
    2005-2006 full time addict to another game
    2006 occasional testlive

Good points. Thinking about it, it might be that AddAllDef is only used for weapon attack calculation, not nano attack calculations. If so, it will not have effect agaist nano attacks (i.e. adding to Nano Resist). I'll check that.

Got a programmer to check it just now, and yes, nano attacks use a different formula than weapon attacks, and is thus not affected by AddAllDef. My bad. Sorry.

2-3 min recharge on despective stance is WAAAAAY far from being overpowered. as mentioned b4, biococoon is the best example here. saying keepers and enforcers dont have our amount of evades, well, who needs evades with 10k absorb and 10k hot? keepers throw in some 6k'ish heal perks and advies just CH AND have as much / even higher evades than we do.

despective stance IS a nice special. i use it mostly on boss mobs to stay alive until NSD lands on nuking bosses or on heckler bosses, cuz they r taken down in the "up-time" of the special but hit way harder and nuke sometimes too.
    another scenario is when im somehow losing my sl-expansion...dont laugh...healers cant heal meh, cuz they get the msg "target needs have shadowlands expansion". i bring my "fixer-tms(tm)" up until i ran around long enuff to "find" my expansion again....

once again, 2-3 min recharge would be a small step into acutally "balancing" profession perks / abilities.

Tops
    GOD SAVE THE POWDER!!

Topspeeder Level 220/12 Fixer Current Gear

Bloodsoaker Level 220/21 Shade Current Gear <<< First 220 Atrox Shade on Rimor >>>

Board Member of HUGE, inc.

The choice of perks and the strength of our perks are lacking in pretty much every way. There are professions who have little to no choice when choosing perks because some perk lines are just that useful. Everytime I hear someone say Fixer's have good perks, I walk off and go cry in a corner.

We have mediocre perks which could be improved so easily and make our profession something viable at all levels in the Shadowlands. Right now, we have so much trouble doing anything right pre-200 and can't do much 200+ unless you have good equipment/weapons/symbiants. Until next patch, the choice of weapons for a lower level fixer are just plain bad. Hopefully, the new SMG's in next patch will improve our situation at lower levels.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Lol wigz... nice strips there

Don't know if Cz is that fat tho, hehehehe

2 minutes recharge time would not make us overpowered. At Def. Stance perk 5, it only lasts a minute. Even with that minute and acrobat perks active, i still find that many atacks still get through.
    Bio shielding perks are overpowered in comparison to deceptive stance.

Seriously though, dec. stance is a roll of the dice, and if anything WE SHOULD KNOW HOW THAT WORKS!!! (ala Teh SMG). Absorb shielding is an absolute that will not fluctuate.

<Have a theory, /tell helpbot roll 1 1000, the resulting number will be the key number. Repeat the /tell helpbot roll 1 1000 until you hit that key number. The number of rolls it takes to get that key number will be the number of times you WILL kill the Conf Spirit to get your SMg...>

hmmmm im not sure about whether it would be overpowered or not at 2 mins..i mean at 2 mins you could always have +800 evades or +1k all add def running.

3 or 4 mins definately wouldnt be over powered

This is horrible news. Right now I have Def Stance 2 (which gives me Deceptive stance and "Defensive Stance").

Youre telling me Defensive Stance does NOT last "forever" at higher levels like it does now? Thats amazingly dissapointing and makes its use (at least in my opinion) dwindle significantly. Its no longer a permanent improvement on my character and just enough Limber skill later on? Blah.. I liked how it permanently lasted on me basically, without being too overpowered. Ah well =)

Deceptive on the other hand.. Blah.. All I can say, blah. I usually don't use it because when it does pop up I forget its there. Consider how short its up compared to its massive reuse time one would think it made me invulnerable, but its not anywhere near good enough to demand a recharge of that calibur. I'm glad I have it, as apposed to nothing, but its not worth the point I spent in it. In my opinion I spent the perk just to get to the next def stance line.
    Agent "Draxin" Drax - Omni-Tek Fixer

Originally posted by Draxin
    This is horrible news. Right now I have Def Stance 2 (which gives me Deceptive stance and "Defensive Stance").

Youre telling me Defensive Stance does NOT last "forever" at higher levels like it does now? Thats amazingly dissapointing and makes its use (at least in my opinion) dwindle significantly. Its no longer a permanent improvement on my character and just enough Limber skill later on? Blah.. I liked how it permanently lasted on me basically, without being too overpowered. Ah well =)
    Defensive Stance lasts for 60 minutes and have a recharge of 60 seconds. In theory it does not last forever, but you can refresh it every hour, or less. It's like a buff you have to recast, but it don't have nanocost, you just need wait 60 second between casts, what is ok for a 1 hour duration perk.

It was made that way cause then GA users can cancel it when they pass from normal armor to GA, because you can't have it active while in GA.

The duration of Stance 9 is 1:16 if I recall correctly which with a recharge of 2 mins still leaves 44 seconds for the mob to pound us into oblivion
    Thats why I was responding to, so I guess someone is a bit confused on how it works. I only have the perk leveled to 2, so I can't say either way. Right now my def stance lasts an hour, I've no idea what it lasts at higher levels.

Based on your level though I'm assuming you have it at 10 and it still lasts an hour? Thats good news at least =)

Nevermind, according to AODB Defensive Stance 9 (IE level 10 Def Stance) lasts 1 hour with a recharge of 60 seconds still.

http://www.aodb.info/showitem.asp?AOID=239799

If you click the effect below the appropriate level of the perk it'll show you the effects depending on the perk level of the person who activated it, basically.

So basically as long as I remember to hit the button I should never be without it =). Since I dont intend on wearing grid armor (due to the painful Matt Creation requirements and now that we have a defensive stance+ Shadowweb Armor + Acrobat + Regular armor alternative to Grid Armor) thats good news indeed =p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12