Thread: Invicible teammembers in missions.

Invicible teammembers in missions.

This is an old problem, but I cannot remember seeing any posts about it here (too lazy to search further than the first page as well).

Sometimes, in missions, teammembers become invicible. I can not see them, but they see me. Or the other way around. Kinda annoying when you ask them where they are, and they tell you "right in front of you, man" and they think I am a fool because of it.

One trick that fixes the problem (until next time it occurs), is for the invicible player to move out of visual range of the rest, and go back again. That usually helps.

Oh, while we're talking about invicibility: Sometimes, mobs are invicible in the same way too. Thank god for autoattack (which works 50% of the time when dealing with invis. mobs)

If any of your team members can see the invisible MOB, the don't hesitate to /assist them to get a lock on the MOB. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. You should always get a target at least an possibly send a pet or try to /follow to where your client thinks the monster is.

I wish I had a 'resync' hot-key.

2 notes on this invisibility problem that might help you deal with them a bit.
    with teammembers going invis, you can not cast any nanos on them.. nor trade with them(not that the tradepart is a big problem) But you can hit them with teamheals/teambuffs.

When mob goes invis, you can target the player being attacked, and do a /assist to target the mob self.. you can then attack the mob.. but you cant hit the mob with specials or nanos.. (get that out of range message).

In both cases moving out of visual range(usually 2-3 rooms away) fixes the problem..
    It is a friggin shame that we have to resort to this kind of "trick" though to get around this bug, and woe to the nanocaster who solos a mission and runs into this problem.

NB.. This seems to happen way more frequently when the mob have pathing problems.. I.e you pull a mob from a room back to group, and he tries to exit the room 1 meter left of the door(the silly twit), then he VERY often suddenly goes invis and start shooting cloaked.

NNB.. There is a LOT of items in missions that makes for lack of LOS.. Like shelves, tables you can walk into++.. These might be a lifesaver if you walk into them while being killed by a mob , as he stops shooting you. BUT.. mobs walk into these too at times.. And then you are fubared. Then you cant shoot on the mob, since no LOS.. but for some reason.. the mob doesnt worry about LOS.. so he keeps shooting happily.

Yup, this is a known issue, but soemthing we're looking at. I'll see what I can dig up for you today.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

This weekend, there have been 3 terribles deaths in my hunting group due to this bug. Two of them were mine and I lost a total of 1.2 mil exp./

The problem is slightly different but the cause is probably similar. I was pulling for a full team. My husband was the Doctor (This information is important because we compared screens.) I went out to one room away (1 empty room between me and the team) and came back with a mob. Noone could see me. Noone could assist me. Noone could target me. When I died, they found my body in the empty room - I had never entered the room. On my screen, both of us were back in the room. On my husband's screen, nothing was going on, except that I was invisible - my name is blacked out.

Now you can blame it on lag, but it is not lag. A. It does not happen even when there was terrible lag. B. It last long enough that if there was such lag, I should have been disconnected. C. It usually happens when one of the rooms have potential LOS problems, such as conference room with big tables, caves with a pole in the middle or a pond, etc.

The bad part, is that you never know when this is going to happen. And when it does, it means sure death of the puller.

This really needs to be looked into. IN the meantime, if anyone knows any tricks to deal with this please share. I am rather new to AO and I enjoy pulling a lot. This bug really makes it unfun for me.
    Janella "Zindi" Catt
    Trader, Rubi-Ka 2

It happend to my pet a couple of times. He is there, killing people on command, but you see no doors that moves or anything.

yep, it is always fun trying to get an invisible bot through a mission!