Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RK1 Clanners !

lol, at least 50% of the posters in this thread have quit.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

oh man, still amusing as ever heh
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

bed tijd voor deze topic en ok voor georg :P

if nobodyc anr ead it then doesn't concern yeah :P

it is somethignt hat i put georg trough all his ao life :P

Originally posted by Solarflare
    The true test would be to see who wins when there is no Tarabot or Acambot or anybots at all..... thats when it gets interesting. I know for a fact that if Omni had their bot and clan didn't that the clans would lose, and vice versa. Lag and communication are the only things that matter in camelot, numbers isn't even a valid thing simply cause 1 well made group could in theory annhilate a whole squad of people. but when placed in camelot where your suddenly reduced back to when AO first came out with nanos not fireing or weapons not responding when they should then it is pure chaos. There would be a whole diffrent story if lag was not a issue it would actually come down to tactics. But atm that isn't possible.
    Tarabot and Acambot are perfectly fair concepts since only munchkins camp the tara anyway. Since being the best munchkin really is only about who gets the most and best toys, and not HOW they get it, let these little number crunchers do as they please. Personally I think all items gotten from the Tarasque should look terribly stupid and/or bland. I've said before I think dragon chest should be a t-shirt that says "I am a lamer" on it. That way everyone, including newbs, can quickly and easily identify the folks who are the biggest munchkins of all and avoid them at all costs if they have any hopes of RPing. Then again, if they themselves have dreams of munchkindom, they'll know right away who to go begging creds and buffs from.

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Since being a faction doesn't change who you are behind the keyboard, clanners can't possibly be any "better" than omnis. They simply have more avid pvpers and are more active in player versus player. I see way more title level 5/6 clan pvpers than omni even tho I spend most of my time in omni cities. If they had the same amount of pvpers then it would be even most of the time. No one is better at pvping, it's all about numbers and amount of people dedicated to involvement. Omni has like 2-3 small orgs that pvp a lot, thats pretty much it. Clan has one enormous org that does and many smaller ones. I am omni and will contest clanners seem "better" at pvp but only because they seem more interested in pvp in general. My old theory on this got flamed so hard I'm hesitant to post it again but what the hell. Yes I've played both clan and omni chars.

Older players for the most part like structure. They have families and jobs and they see omnitek as a stable corporation and think it would be neat to play a game and be part of it.

Younger players like to be rebellious. Most young players would play as the Rebel Alliance in SWG, and I believe it's the same in AO. The Rebel Clans are more populated with younger players. And No i'm not accusing all clanners of being 12. I'm talking teenagers all the way up to 19. Teenagers are norotiously more compedative in online games than an older casual gamer who likes the social aspect a lot. And of course there is many young gamers who like pvm and dont pvp, and many older players who, in the words of cloudeh "roxxor your boxxor".

Frankly I think that in general more young players end up choosing clan. And hense, more pvpers are born.

NOTE: DO NOT POST SAYING "IM A 30 YEAR OLD CLANNER AND ALL MY FRIENDS ARE 30, WHAAM YOU ARE A MORON LIES.

I'm well aware there are lots of older and mature clanners. And young and rebellious omni-tek. I'm saying on a scale it would appear to me this way.
    You are forgetting something... In this game the clanners are the goodguys and omni-tek are the badguys, so it would be more rebellian to be omnialligned...

Originally posted by Yme

You are forgetting something... In this game the clanners are the goodguys and omni-tek are the badguys, so it would be more rebellian to be omnialligned...
    Actually it's far far more simple than that. 90% of AO players don't care at all about the storyline, and don't bother to think about roleplaying. Most players are munchkins, and as such do what lets them be the most powerful character they can. As such, the biggest munchkins are Omni, then clan, then neutral. Many neutrals are roleplayers, however it's easy to spot the neutral munchkins. Neutral munchkins whine and complain that neutrals should get tokens. They complain to Funcom and ask for items to be "neutral only" because Omni and Clan have "an advantage." Nevermind the fact that since they are neutral what advantage could they possibly be talking about since they aren't competing with anyone in the first place.

The biggest clanner munchkins are the ones complaining that they don't have clan special abilities and the like. It's all pretty sad when you look at it. The players have turned AO into a game of Pacman and nothing more.

Originally posted by PipBoy

Actually it's far far more simple than that. 90% of AO players don't care at all about the storyline, and don't bother to think about roleplaying. Most players are munchkins, and as such do what lets them be the most powerful character they can. As such, the biggest munchkins are Omni, then clan, then neutral. Many neutrals are roleplayers, however it's easy to spot the neutral munchkins. Neutral munchkins whine and complain that neutrals should get tokens. They complain to Funcom and ask for items to be "neutral only" because Omni and Clan have "an advantage." Nevermind the fact that since they are neutral what advantage could they possibly be talking about since they aren't competing with anyone in the first place.

The biggest clanner munchkins are the ones complaining that they don't have clan special abilities and the like. It's all pretty sad when you look at it. The players have turned AO into a game of Pacman and nothing more.
    I want a RP dimension for x-mas, but Cz said that it woul'dnt happen

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345