Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RK1 Clanners !

RK1 Clanners !

Clanners perform A LOT better in a fair pvp area.
    Clanners perform A LOT better in team pvp.

Proof:
    Clanners OWN omnis and neutrals if there is any in Camelot castle (which many ppl agreed its the most fair and and one of the most popular pvp place) most of the times. Compare # clanners vs omnis with loot dropped from Tarasque. Statstics speak it.

Feel free to drop your counter argument or whatever, remember to provide some backup too.

P/S: I dont deny omnis perform better in 2ho.

err?

You are better to gather persons that missions right next to? You are better to shout "targetting: >> nameofperson <<"?

Skill? Not really.

Why are Omni better in 2ho? Because they can call people there fast and if they die they are right back there pretty instantly. Exact same reason why clans have success in Camelot.

Lets have a Tarasque in 2ho then?

Starting posts like this are idiotic. (not that I am surprised)

60 vs. 40 who will win. geee I wonder.
    Last edited by LoneWolf; May 15th, 2002 at 17:27:03.
    ~Lone

Re: RK1 Clanners !

Originally posted by Wenzell
    Clanners perform A LOT better in a fair pvp area.
    Clanners perform A LOT better in team pvp.

Proof:
    Clanners OWN omnis and neutrals if there is any in Camelot castle (which many ppl agreed its the most fair and and one of the most popular pvp place) most of the times. Compare # clanners vs omnis with loot dropped from Tarasque. Statstics speak it.

Feel free to drop your counter argument or whatever, remember to provide some backup too.

P/S: I dont deny omnis perform better in 2ho.
    Wezell lying face down in the mort sand while her 2 (!) ninjaes
    running round like headless chickens > The outcome of
    Wenzell challenge on a duel last time we fought :P

The amazing thing is u actually belive this crap .....

Claire

lol - sounds like Miss RK1 Fairplay'er 2002 in a nuttshell.
    ~Lone

LOL Claire! Sounds encouraging.

I think Noer pretty much had it down. We own 2ho bacause we are a hop skip and a jump ( or whompa ) away.
    CLanners are just a hop from Camelot.

uhm...

ok ok - but lets all agree on one thing: Wenzell's father is stronger then urs!
    "If I were to send you flowers, where would I....no, no, let me rephrase. If I were to let you suck my tongue, would you be grateful?"

Originally posted by Noer

You are better to gather persons that missions right next to? You are better to shout "targetting: >> nameofperson <<"?

Skill? Not really.

Why are Omni better in 2ho? Because they can call people there fast and if they die they are right back there pretty instantly. Exact same reason why clans have success in Camelot.

Lets have a Tarasque in 2ho then?
    I dont deny Omnis perform better in 2ho, your reasoning is valid and its only one of the factors omnis doing better in 2ho. You have to take consideration of a lot other factors in a WAR like coordination, strategy, courage, leadership, ability of call to arms...... And 2ho isnt a fair pvp area at all which many (both clan and omni) have admited, using 2ho as a comparison with camelot isnt appropriate at the first place.

Sure I would fight Tarasque or any equivalent unique mob in 2ho if theres one. I would love to see more unique mobs in other areas, put some at places where omni have more advantage, some at places where clans have more advantage, some at neutral places like in middle of DAV or something.

Originally posted by Noer

60 vs. 40 who will win. geee I wonder.
    # could be a factor, but it doesnt mean everything. # of ppl doesnt matter when 40 omnis are hugging stairs and 10 clans are killing Tarasque down there.
    If # is the only determining factor, how could I kill 2 groups of omnis in EFP by myself ?

Originally posted by Claire

Wezell lying face down in the mort sand while her 2 (!) ninjaes
    running round like headless chickens > The outcome of
    Wenzell challenge on a duel last time we fought :P

The amazing thing is u actually belive this crap .....

Claire
    Does 1v1 have anything to do with a WAR ? Oh if it does, why couldnt you win Tarasque from us ? Ive never claimed Im the best pvper, I never said I can beat everyone. I lost in a duel, and so what ? I dont run when its a fair duel, I fight to death which a lot of ppl cant even do it. Again I dont represent all clanners. You may have beaten me, but you have not beaten all clanners. So what exactly is your argument ?

Since being a faction doesn't change who you are behind the keyboard, clanners can't possibly be any "better" than omnis. They simply have more avid pvpers and are more active in player versus player. I see way more title level 5/6 clan pvpers than omni even tho I spend most of my time in omni cities. If they had the same amount of pvpers then it would be even most of the time. No one is better at pvping, it's all about numbers and amount of people dedicated to involvement. Omni has like 2-3 small orgs that pvp a lot, thats pretty much it. Clan has one enormous org that does and many smaller ones. I am omni and will contest clanners seem "better" at pvp but only because they seem more interested in pvp in general. My old theory on this got flamed so hard I'm hesitant to post it again but what the hell. Yes I've played both clan and omni chars.

Older players for the most part like structure. They have families and jobs and they see omnitek as a stable corporation and think it would be neat to play a game and be part of it.

Younger players like to be rebellious. Most young players would play as the Rebel Alliance in SWG, and I believe it's the same in AO. The Rebel Clans are more populated with younger players. And No i'm not accusing all clanners of being 12. I'm talking teenagers all the way up to 19. Teenagers are norotiously more compedative in online games than an older casual gamer who likes the social aspect a lot. And of course there is many young gamers who like pvm and dont pvp, and many older players who, in the words of cloudeh "roxxor your boxxor".

Frankly I think that in general more young players end up choosing clan. And hense, more pvpers are born.

NOTE: DO NOT POST SAYING "IM A 30 YEAR OLD CLANNER AND ALL MY FRIENDS ARE 30, WHAAM YOU ARE A MORON LIES.

I'm well aware there are lots of older and mature clanners. And young and rebellious omni-tek. I'm saying on a scale it would appear to me this way.

We've had that discussion in guild chat as well Whaambulance, think it might very well be so. I know alot of mature clanners, like Wolfe, Razers, Messman etc.
    In general I think you're right tho, and I think you're theory on why it is so is correct as well.
    Last edited by Mantravadi; May 15th, 2002 at 21:04:16.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Funny part is that there was a post by someone, can't remember who, that said if you want more targets, go clan, because there are so many more PvPing Omni targets.

I think this was about a month ago or so...
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

you know Whaambulance
    thats prob the best description of the org dynamics i think i've seen yet.

but you forgot one thing in your statment, from my expierience in eq. Older players seem to like to group up more, but tend to form "close nit friendships/familes, so tend to be small close night guilds. Youngers people tend to conglomerate more, so you see bigger orginzations. (which can also "help" xplain the nature of organized pvp over tarsque and stuff, i know its not all of the xplantion, but maybe its part of it)

i wonder what a study of the average guild size of both omni/clans sides would produce.

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Since being a faction doesn't change who you are behind the keyboard, clanners can't possibly be any "better" than omnis. They simply have more avid pvpers and are more active in player versus player. I see way more title level 5/6 clan pvpers than omni even tho I spend most of my time in omni cities. If they had the same amount of pvpers then it would be even most of the time. No one is better at pvping, it's all about numbers and amount of people dedicated to involvement. Omni has like 2-3 small orgs that pvp a lot, thats pretty much it. Clan has one enormous org that does and many smaller ones. I am omni and will contest clanners seem "better" at pvp but only because they seem more interested in pvp in general. My old theory on this got flamed so hard I'm hesitant to post it again but what the hell. Yes I've played both clan and omni chars.

Older players for the most part like structure. They have families and jobs and they see omnitek as a stable corporation and think it would be neat to play a game and be part of it.

Younger players like to be rebellious. Most young players would play as the Rebel Alliance in SWG, and I believe it's the same in AO. The Rebel Clans are more populated with younger players. And No i'm not accusing all clanners of being 12. I'm talking teenagers all the way up to 19. Teenagers are norotiously more compedative in online games than an older casual gamer who likes the social aspect a lot. And of course there is many young gamers who like pvm and dont pvp, and many older players who, in the words of cloudeh "roxxor your boxxor".

Frankly I think that in general more young players end up choosing clan. And hense, more pvpers are born.

NOTE: DO NOT POST SAYING "IM A 30 YEAR OLD CLANNER AND ALL MY FRIENDS ARE 30, WHAAM YOU ARE A MORON LIES.

I'm well aware there are lots of older and mature clanners. And young and rebellious omni-tek. I'm saying on a scale it would appear to me this way.

Theres no faction that wins in every way. As stated in my first post, clanners perform better in certain aspects (like team pvp). And I have not denied omnis do better in another aspect (like in 2ho). Many clanners are used to do things together like lvling, hunting, camping mobs, team pvp.....its the experience clanners grew up that differentiate em from other factions. Im a stormer, and I often interact with ppl from big guilds, small guilds and even some guildless ppl. We chat and exchange opinion often and it happens that we share the same beliefs (pvp for clan) we are often more organized when it comes to team pvp that leads us to victory.

Whats sad is some people would never admit they got beaten. Look at the excuses that some people gave after they got beaten. Then they try whatever ways to revenge like accusation of all sorts (cheater, hacker, exploiter, ebayer, ruining pvp fun.....). Its only a computer game, some people take it too seriously !

i swore u ran from a duel from me 2 times in ent arena.. one time wus a fair duel.. other time u tried to gank me... u ran both those times.. and u also accused art (i think) that he was nuking u.. which he didnt.

i'm not sure if this is correct.. since it was sorta a long time ago
    Nitex - lvl 184 trader
    Etin - lvl 191 ma
    Etinx - lvl 196 doctor

Originally posted by Whaambulance

Well Whaambulance i would totaly disagree with you. Yes i will say that claners not teenagers or young adults. But you cant claim omni to be older. I played both isdes and people are same even age is simmilar people have work kids and so on. The reason why claners pvp more then omni becasue its idea of the game. Many people can say "Nah i dont roleplay" but in fact everyone playing their role. Its starting from playing class then side. How we play our side manual, book, moovie is made this way to incourage people to fight for clans. Many dont even notice it. But when it comes to fight they fight for some reason the way they would do defenfing their home or country in real life.

My brother is 32 years old he has son and wife he used to pvp a lot why? Becasue this game made him feel like 20 years old man who dreamed of fights and victories but never could do it. That why adults also play this game becasue they start to feel young. Unlike young people adults play it fair they dont gank and laugh on dead bodies they play like knights on white horse like sir lancelot.

What is ganking its like cheating its geting succesful with less effort. Who tend to cheat inr eal life? A 18 years old teenager who is passing high school exams or 25 years old person who is wrighting finals at college?

And what titles are its like gold medal neophyte= winner of them all. Geting Neophyte is like getting gold medal on Olimpics. Who are the best athlets in Rl? Yuong people why? Not becasue they are stronger then 30 yars old adult. A 30 years old man has more chances to win, he is stronger he can last longer but 17 years old swimer owns him why? Becasue for that 30 years old man its not about wining gold medal its about sport and competiton. For 17 years old guy its only a gold medal that what drives him to do the best a shine of medal make him do imposible.

From my personal experience, 5 years ago i was best tennis player in lithuania girls ligue. No one could beat me on the court. Why? Becaseu for me wining and being the best was most important thing it did hurt to run for 20 minuites on court but the idea of victory drove me to it. I was wining medal after medal for 3 years in a row then tenis became for me just sport i started losing not becasue i became bad player but i didnt want to win anymore.

I am sure that many clanners and omnis will agree that people who drive characters are about same age on both side. Its just idea of the side makes someone to pvp more.

Well Omni used to be much stronger they pvped more and had more high lvl people but things changed now.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Talking

SHHeeeeeia,

i be out der see yall sukaz flip flap wit da gumz. Aint nobody no millie out dis ryde. All yall sukaz skoolin dis dat 'n dat, aint nobod cashious up in this mug tho. know what i'm sayin?
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Funny, this is why Clan is more successful in Camelot:

Numbers in parathesis are number of members who are 150+:

Omni:
    The Council --------(39)
    Dark Carnival ------(38)
    Mayhem -------------(22)
    Silent Night ---------(18)
    Svea Rike -----------(16)
    The BlackHand ------(16)
    Mercenaries of Kai -(15)

The Clanners:
    Storm ----------------(68)
    Apocalypse ---------(40)
    Eternal Fury --------(27)
    Deity -----------------(8) (small number but mostly Traders)

Clans always have members from the above 4 guilds at Tara raids. 148 Potential Clanners in the 150+ range at a Tarasque raid. Omni however generally try to fight in Camelot with 1 or 2 guilds (lots of political infighting and small guild sizes prevent larger collaboration). This results in a maximum of about 40 or so Omni (over 150+) who can work together in a raid.

So Wenzell, there's your hard evidence...so off yer high horse, its merely numbers talking...not skill.

-Yense

Originally posted by Federot

Clans always have members from the above 4 guilds at Tara raids.
    The statement isnt accurate. We have killed Tarasque with only ~10 people, and I have seen cases with only 1 guild present for example Storm. Perhaps you should ask georg (a lvl 150+ omni doc), he witnessed us killing Tar and battled omnis on our way getting out of lair with loot and victory.
    Same to other guilds like EF and Apoc, they have killed Tarasque by emselves too.

Originally posted by Federot

its merely numbers talking...not skill.
    So your argument is number is the only determinant of winner in a war ?

Let me ask you,
    Who would win the camelot battle say 10 omnis down there killing Tarasque and 100000 clanners hugging 100% zone ?
    At the battle yesterday, in the very first 3 minutes, how did 4 clanners make 10ish omnis who were in the middle of killing Tarasque retreat from its lair ?
    Then in mid battle of yesterday, when clanners slightly outnumbered omnis and how did clanners still get owned ?
    How did 2-3 teams in mort and EFP got slaughtered by 1 or 2 ppl ? Like Aberic killed a group of clanners in Mort and I took down a group of omnis in EFP ?

Number isnt everything, skill in mass pvp is about leadership, coordination, courage, experience...... which are something u lack of, a lot more than what u claimed to be only number.
    Last edited by Wenzell; May 16th, 2002 at 15:27:10.

Originally posted by Wenzell
    Number isnt everything, skill in mass pvp is about leadership, coordination, courage, experience...... which are something u lack of, a lot more than what u claimed to be only number. [/B]
    If it makes it happy that you think it requires skill to pvp in AO, so be it. If I want to play a game that requires skill, strategy and whatever you mention you feel you are so great at, its definately not AO. I am sorry, but I simply can't see it.

You are right, its not just about numbers. Its also about levels and professions. 40 engies vs. 40 docs - who will win? Does that make the 40 docs have better leadership, better coordination, more courage and more experience?

At the battle yesterday, in the very first 3 minutes, how did 4 clanners make 10ish omnis who were in the middle of killing Tarasque retreat from its lair ?
    Could it because of training of mobs?
    Last edited by LoneWolf; May 16th, 2002 at 15:53:57.
    ~Lone

Everyone needs to feel that they are good at something. Wenzell obviously failed everywhere else so AO and these forums are her last chance. Let's not be mean and take that away from her.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast