Thread: "GetHostByName" error

Angry "GetHostByName" error

How come evertime I try to play the game, which I am paying for. I always get this error? Please fix it! please!

"GetHostByName" ("dimensions.anarchy-online.com") failed (Host not found).

Need more info!

Do you use a cable modem? Dial up? All the cables hooked up right?

Can you use your browser?

Can you ping something outside like yahoo.com? (Hit the Start button, click on Run, enter the word 'command' in the entry box, hit OK, when the black box pops up type in 'ping yahoo.com' and see if any packets are being sent).

If you can do the above, try to run a trace route (Hit the Start button, click on Run, enter the word 'command' in the entry box, hit OK, when the black box pops up type 'tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' where the xxx's is the IP address of FunCom's server).

I don't know the IP right off the top of my head; hopefully someone can post it up for you.

There are too many points between you and the game servers to just pin the problem on FunCom.

Swerve

Gethostbyname is a library call that queries your ISP's DNS (Domain Name Server) for the IP address of the given server. Talk to your ISP, it's not a Funcom problem (even if the server was down your ISP should still return the address of it).

"which I am paying for"

what a jackass