Thread: Anyone know anything about these?

Anyone know anything about these?

Just curious - last night, as I was passing through the Grid, I noticed several folks were taking damage from something there in the grid. My first thought - Fighting in grid is not generally allowed. I finally located the source - an Omni-Tek Grid Monitor. Anyone know more about these? Is it a story item?

Just curious

Kendric, member of Band of Brothers
    Soldier of Omni-Tek

I think Omni-Com might be testing out a new 'filter' in the data transmission pipes.

The Grid was never mentioned in any of the provisions of the Tir Accord. As it's not even territory at all and it's wholly operated by Omni-Com you can guess that Omni-Pol has requested filters be put in to ensure that bandwidth is not eaten up by non-Omni personel.

Even as a Neutral I'd guess that bandwidth is important enough for Omni-Tek to prefer me to take 'the long way around'.

Hey we built it, we should get to decide who can use it....
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

The Grid is a 75% zone. It must have been made a 75% zone for a reason...

Here's a question: How can suppression gas affect a digitization of your cellular structure?

Notice that it's Omni-Com who created the grid. Similar to the FCC combined with a broadcaster like NBC.

I assume that Clanners and Neutrals get in simply because it was designed with an open architecture prior to the first conflicts. Sorta how the Internet can't really be policed anymore now that it's out of Military and Educational control.

But the question remains why would a gas affect a bunch of 1's and 0's?

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Perhaps it's just the encoded form of the gas that's affecting your 1's and 0's. Much like how programmed gravity influences your avatar in the latest greatest holo-sim while real gravity doesn't have any effect on it.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]