Thread: Inputs on how to choose a guild?

Inputs on how to choose a guild?

I am now and always will be a proud member of Blood Tide, I just joined about a week ago and I can already tell that I will be in this guild for a long time to come. I chose this guild due to the fact that it isn't a huge guild, therefore it is easier to get to know the whole guild.

I am just trying to get inputs from other people on what they look for in a guild. Any input would be great help to others in they're choosing a guild.

-DocFriend

Unhappy Still looking myself.

I have been looking for a guild for quite a while. I joined a MP only clan a couple of months ago, but left with a bad taste in my mouth that still has me a bit qweasy. I've been playing on and off since beta, but I'm back now for a good stint.

For me, it's difficult to find people to associate with most of the time. I tried to roleplay in the guild I was in, but needless to say it didn't work. I do go to Reet's sometimes but even there it's somewhat difficult to figure out who is approachable or a roleplayer.

Lately, I've been out cruising the wastelands on missions. I have searched through this page and the main AO Guild look-up and found myself overwhelmed with the sheer number of clans out there.

Maybe it would be easier to just say what I want in a guild:

A clan that has fun. Is able to tow the line but cut loose every now and then.
    I want to be in a clan with morals and ethics - not uppity, but not lax either - logical.
    A rank structure that isn't military, or if so, allows for rank that includes the religious/lorekeeper type personality.
    A clan that is for the greater good and not for the good of the elite few in the clan. One that is not so incredibly huge it's impossible and frustrating to know who is who.
    An active group involved in current politics or their own events; preferably a group who is for the clan struggle not wet-noodly on the issue.
    A group who shares knowledge, hand me downs (need before greed) and advice.
    A clan that meets somewhat frequently or at least has an active message board.

Well, I guess I've said enough. I'm glad you found a guild you feel comfortable in, DocFriend. Perhaps soon my search will end too. Here's to hopin'.

Thoughts

The only advice I can give you is this... be sure that what you want mirrors what those in your guild-to-be wants. Also, be sure you don't have any personal expectation of "the guild is going to give me (insert phat lewt here)". A guild should be an online family... folks you spend time with because you enjoy spending time with them... hunting... leveling... doing whatever. If you're all on the same page regarding expectations, you'll do great. If you like to RP and don't like to PvP, and your guild is big into ganking... you'll probably not get along well

Grats, DocFriend... hope it lasts.

The most important thing I've learned sofar is TIMEZONES!!!

Nothing is more annoying then to be online whene your entire guild is sleeping..

On more thing: Profession specific guild can be a blessing and a curse..
    blessing: Easy to get your hands on the stuff you need.
    curse: Extremly hard to get you hands on rare items like grid armor disc in a fixer guild or a nulity in a NT guild.. And it's a pain to get buffs (maybe not in an agent guild)
    Obscene - Unit leader of Storm