Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old School RK Hunting Areas!!!

Bump

Dungeons & their lvls plz!!!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Sandworms when tey were in Wailing wastes....

Anyone rmember those??

Just about **** myself when I was exploring..and suddenly one of these huge bastards came barraleing across the sand at me.

Had flashbacks of the Movie Dune ther for a few moments..espected to see a group of guys on tis back shouting "Shala-hud!!"

Then I died a extremly horribble death (being level 35 at the time).

I miss those sandworms. They drove them away from Wailing Wastes..and now so few exist anywhere in Rk *sniffs*

hmm..where else..

I can think of a half dozen more..but between tower zones and cities..most of them are gone now :/ Damn progress.
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

Really Borgs in Mort are the "RK hecks". I spent a good portion of levels 90ish to 150ish there either getting levels (early on) or topping off levels when I was a bit short (later).

It's awesome fun to go and team there first, then at some point you can solo them for good XP. I remember when I could first solo them I thought I was so uber! :P

The cool thing is they are scary mobs, especially when you just get there and they can waste you with 2 shots.

G
    ---------------------
    Retired: 211 Soldier
    Active: 17 Froob Soldier for when boredom sets in

OMG hunting in north GTC, near the area that we considered the "shadowlands". Hunting shades and the like and running like little girls when a big read sandworm came into view.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Blaster Beetle O_o 3 teams fighting over 1 mod every 15-30mins (OMG DONT PULL JACK!)

Bully Bridge... GAH>< i hated those times.

Running around killing random stuff was funner, that was untill you kept noticing ever mob having the same apperance.

The old days...sniff....

My first and only sticky for a while :-D HERE :-)

Sad I lost the most of the new info what i collect back the days.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowglobe
    The best times I've had in this game were in the old days hunting outdoor mobs on Rubi-Ka. But, uh, I guess killing the same mob (hecklers) for 220 levels is fun too.

Don't forget the ninjas on the beach at Wine. Just right for when you've left ToTW. If you get in trouble you can run to the cannons and there is a save booth in the village. Very cool.

In high levels the mobs at primus camp are excellent xp if you can get into a spawning team.
    I miss the ninja =( dont forget the Camp waaaaaaaay north of totw where the shades spawned
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

... Memories.....

Ah the good ol' days.

What a great thread!

Has anybody mentioned the borgs at the crater in Mort NW of the ruins (and waaay West-ish from Hope), or the borgs in eastern PW by the heli-pad. Those borgs used to be the pre-SL hecklers for me. XP yes, but also they dropped gold and such that made good vendor food.

Old school Rubi Ka hunting.... mmmmmmm

saw a team at the helipad earlier today been so long since fons and I ran into anyone there keep threads like this up so people know these places.
    Team riahmant! if looks could kill I'd be a murderer
    a peek into Riahmants life here
    Riah's mega glamorus picture book updared 6/8/06
    Riahmants myspace!
    Riahmant

Thumbs up Good stuff good stuff!

Some really great spots are listed here. I hope someone has the time to combine them all into one post. Would hate for all this great information to goto the bottom of the forum when everyday theres anew L33T looking for some good RK hunting knowledge listed in one good convienant spot. SL Just ain't for everybody.
    RK2....Rondo.....Engineer
    RK2....Bumpie....Enforcer
    IRL.....Me...........Soldier

"When all is said and done if you can die without regret you've had a good life."

"Stop, take a breath, smell the roses, and think before you speak."

To this day Borgs freak me out more than any other mob, miss my days hunting them.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

GTC Bot Mountain! was great fun runing thru the mountains there trying to find bots to kill. And Live Metal that was one mean bot back in the old days used to wounder into the OP were everyone would save and start beeting up on everyone and the guards lol.

Oh and shades at GTC you are right sandworms were just scary you would be killing shades and all of a suddenly your screen was filled with red and boom reclaim hehe.

Saddens me to fly around rubika now and see all thes old spots complety empty. I dont think anyone just goes out and hunts the old mobs. One thing that impressed me with the old game on AO was that you could go out and have so many places to hunt, so many things to kill. You dont get that now Most players are herded into SLs with the temptation of uber xp. Were your hunting expirance is very limted. Dont get me wrong there are alot of diffrent mobs in SLs but most of them dont get enuf xp/reward for killing them. Also at higher lvls hecklers are the only thing to hunt for desent xp/sk. The diversity is not there. Sorry for the rant.
    Therefore, Those who know martial arts do not wander when they move, and do not become exhausted when they rise up. So it is said that when you know yourself and others , victory is not in danger; when you know the sky and earth, victory is inexhaustible. ~Sun Tzu's The Art Of War~

Rypley (Belive it or not)
    President of Red Tigers retired

Tyvek Advisor of DI-RT

I got killed by a sandworm last week lol. I was running through BS and suddenly, WHAM the guy I was following was dead and then I was
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

Hecklers Adonis Brinks...

Joke...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Every new player to AO doesnt even know where RK is nowadays, its hecklers hecklers hecklers from 50-220....its sad, reallt sad, RK is an awesome place, witch once contained huge amount of cool mobs and hunting places.....

FC: Its time u turn down the SL-xp again , the one that u pulled up to get people to goto SL, now turn it back down, or raise some xp on the RK-mobs, so that the new people can experience this amazing planet we once hunted on....
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

wow great thread, it's like a piece of history

raise xp on rubik mobs or lower xp on SL mobs?

Uh, I rather doubt that. The XP for RK and SL mobs used to be exactly the same at SL launch but people weren't going to the SL, stayed on RK because the SL mobs were a lot harder to kill than RK mobs. So FC upped the XP on SL outdoor mobs to make them more appealing to people...but now people don't leave SL.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

maybe with morten working on the new PFs we just may see some more old school rk hunting when theyre realeased, but i highly doubt just being optimistic
    Miceckia-220/30 Keeper
    Tekdeath-1-199/22 Martial artist

Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Roleplaying is what you do when the sex in your marriage isnt going too good.

The Ninj00 Theorem: The one thing you have to know about high level raidbots , point systems , and camping is this; We'll never know I guess because timelapse nerfed my sig

signature over 10 lines [again], shortened by timelapse ;p

the rhino cockpit was lvl 30ish ??? its been so long i cant remember

far right of NLD (NE from bronto oasis)

8x8, bv's, 2 shade camps all in pleasant meadows.

Dungeons
    Smugglers Den in SFP (sneaking in the back-way with parrot, was always fun) [90+?]
    Cyborg Barracks, Greater Tir County NE from Tir (where the Hellspinner drops)
    Steps of Madness, Omni Forest [50+?]
    Foremans (Biomare), The Longest Road

cant remember anymore dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Milina
    the rhino cockpit was lvl 30ish ??? its been so long i cant remember

far right of NLD (NE from bronto oasis)

cant remember anymore dungeons
    omg i totaly forgot aobut the cockpit then when that little dyna boss would spawn and pwn u and u had to run to the guards =)
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast