View Poll Results: Would you like the market forums split in Want to Sell and Want to Buy forums?

Voters
715. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, that is the best option

412 57.62%
  • Yes, but I think there should be categories too

165 23.08%
  • Yes, but I would rather have just categories

17 2.38%
  • Yes, but I have better idea (please explain)

10 1.40%
  • No, I like it the way it is now

92 12.87%
  • No, I want categories too or no change

2 0.28%
  • No, I want it split in categories or no change

8 1.12%
  • No, for some other reason (please explain)

9 1.26%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Splitting the market forums

I would prefer two different options than a WTB/WTS/Services split:

Make a robust in game player-trade system similar to what SWG has implemented. That system works very well for a player driven economy and its totally in game.

If that isn't possible, then split the auctions into categories based on the level of the item:
    • Atlantean Basic Market
    • Atlantean Advanced Market
    • Atlantean Superior Market
    • Rimor Basic Market
    • Rimor Advanced Market
    • Rimor Superior Market

As a low level player, I've given up on using the market forums as its very difficult to find anything I can use, and even harder to sell anything I gather. And when I try to sell low level stuff in the 1-50 shopping channel in game, I get high level characters sending me tells complaining that the "junk" I'm offering (nanos available in stores at approximately 80% of the store price) is just spam.
    Last edited by Meiyen; Mar 19th, 2004 at 17:36:08.

http://www.aoforum.de/

that the link to the AOBay bot it's in german but very simple to understand.
    220/22/68 Doctor Mithrandyr main character - cool, stylish & crazy even if i die i look good while doing it!
    216/13 Soldier Eriador - semi-retired [doc priority]
    209/11 Engineer Tzar2 - semi-retired [doc priority]
    220/14 Adventurer Icemorph - retired [farm toon]
    213/04 Buerocrat Tzar - retired [farm toon]

- RETIRED / ACCOUNT CANCELED -

imo, keep it all as one forum
    but put a WTB/WTS filter option
    so if people want to look at just those threads they can, but they would still have the option of browsing the full forum

I had trouble picking only one voting choice. I search threads, then have to pick and choose from the huge list I get back. It would help BUYERS if stuff were sorted by QL, but not sellers. It would help SELLERS if stuff were sorted by sell or buy forums, but not the buyers and not the buyers looking for a particular level of something.

About the only way I could see clearly helping was to split each Market once only, into QL1-160 and QL161-300+. Not a difficult deal for the sellers to manage with the Jayde/helpbot assists, and, for example, would make it much easier for the midlevel folks like us to sort thru the huge piles of L220 symbs to get to the paltry pile of the L120 ones we really really need.

Also, somebody mentioned having a better boolean search engine so we could get better results. That might obviate the splitting process entirely. If the search engine were first-rate, we might not have to split the markets at all. Now... back to my search list....

RK2
    Mahri L92 Advy
    Eliff L88 Keep
    Steeeven L32 Martial Artist

Hiyas, I voted "no" on the idea of splitting the Forums into WTS / WTB. The reason for this is that I think very few will bother to browse the WTB forums, only the WTS ones, so I think we are better off the way the forums are today.

Tundraa

I'm sorry folks, but suggestions of changing the forum software or game software (to better accomodate in-game trading) are wasted in this thread. I am not personally able to do it, and I doubt I'll have any programmer resources moved from the game to the forums anytime soon. Please take suggestions about in-game changes to the game suggestions forum.

If anybody put up a trading system like AO Bay for Atlantean and Rimor, please let me know and I'll be happy to add a link to it. I will not take responsibility for maintaining it and dealing with any conflicts around it though.

Also, please note that one of the features of Alien Invasion is player shops. Hopefully that should help out a lot with the trading.

Talking Alien Invasion shops

So it is possible to use player shops without buying Alien Invasion, thats great! Or is Alien Invasion expansion free download?!?!

Strange conclusion. No, Pacius, nobody said that.

Poll is closed. Thank you for voting.

The majority clearly supports splitting the forums in WTB and WTS (or equivalent). However, the concerns about this is duly noted. Especially the one about the WTB forums might being something people won't read.

We'll split each of the forums in two to begin with, and then take a new evaluation after running with that for a while to see whether we should merge them again, split them more (as about a quarter of the voters wanted), or leave them as is. Again, thanks for participating.
    Last edited by Cz; Mar 23rd, 2004 at 14:32:35.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123