Thread: I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine

I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine

I have never seen this before and have never read about it, so I thought I would mention it ans see what you folks have to say about it.

I was in a mission building (cave) in Perpetual Wastelands. I left my bot killing some MOB and I poked my toes into the next room. Not far enough to be agged, but far enough to target, I hoped.

The MOB in this room was a something-or-other-Claw-something (sorry I don't have the exact ame).

The something-or-other-Claw-something said, "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine."

Suddenly (I think by coincedence) I was hit hard from behind and had to retreat three rooms. By the time I got back, my bot was in combat with the something-or-other-Claw-something.

Whats up with that?
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

There's nothing special with talking monsters. Some animals and almost all mutants talk, but rarely on own initiative.
    Target a mob, and say something. Sometimes it talks when you attack it. To quote some talking monsters:
    "Me Strong. Me Crush." (Rhinoman)
    "GIMME UR SWORD" (Reet)
    "Ru Nubi?" (Leet)
    "This is no use" (Tac Mutant)
    "Do not underestimate the power of the Shadow." (Shade Mutant)
    "What izz it you want?" (Eyemutant)

They usually don't have more than three or four lines each.

The leets have actually 24 different taunts and replies.

Again, I'd like to extend my gratitude to the Leetas tribe of Galway Shire.
    Pilker, OmniTek Fixer and Happy Traveller.

Root and Run - It's a way of life.

Roboka, i have a feeling this 'coincidence' is called lag lol

Variety is the ****E of life!

Once again, i show my ignorance...
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

The 1st time I saw the "U scatch my back and I'll scratch yours" message coming FROM a CLAW mutant.. I couldn't stop laughing (even though it was killing me FAST)

I found the Fatestealer a bit more scary: 'You are not yet ready for the next dimension, however I will take you there!'

Actually, he was misinformed, there was no next dimension (imagine my disppointment ) only the usual rez. shock at the reclaim booth...
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix