Thread: Surgery Clinic Bug

Surgery Clinic Bug

I'm having a problem getting any surgery clinic to bump my treatment skill the 100 points so I can install implants. I've logged off and back on, used different clinics, everything I can think of. For testing, I had someone buff my treatment skill and THAT worked. Any suggestions would be apreciated.

PS. I'm concerned that my character may be bugged. I deactivated my account about 2 months after the initial release and just the other day activated it and began to use the same character again. FYI

Make sure to target yourself before you click on the free standing clinics.

this is apparently the way Funcom wants it to work, and it's not much of a bother, but would be nice it is was listed somewhere.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

There also seems this tiny feature of having not the right clinic selected (could be that the problem was what spear suggestd though). Seems that below lvl6 you can only use the starter clinic and above only the ones outside the starter area

Thanks for the replies, but no dice. I've even reinstalled the game, started a new character from scratch, and it's still not working. The process I go through is this:

Make sure I have adequate stats for the implant

Select self and right click on the surgery clinic.

Surgery clinic works, does the graphic burst, says "enabled" and tells me I have 5 minutes to swap implants.

I open my inventory, pick up the implant and drag it over to the implant window.

Here I right click, left click, left click + shift, right click + shift, stand on one foot and bark, nothing works. It gives me the message "you need technical supervision" and says I cannot wear that implant even though I KNOW I have the stats AND the treatment skill required even without the 100 point boost.

And it still is not bumping my treatment skill. I can't figure it out.

bugged

You mean you're supposed to get 100 in treatment when you use a portable surgery clinic? Damn, I think my character is bugged too!

Angry

I'm not speaking of portable surgery clinics, I'm speaking of the big ones in the shops. (I suppose they could be portable if I could just manage to rip the thing out of the floor, and at this point I'm about ready to.)

FYI Got a response from tech support on the problem. "Reinstall the game and the problem should go away. Hope this helps."

Thanks, genious. I never thought of that.

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
    I'm not speaking of portable surgery clinics, I'm speaking of the big ones in the shops. (I suppose they could be portable if I could just manage to rip the thing out of the floor, and at this point I'm about ready to.)

FYI Got a response from tech support on the problem. "Reinstall the game and the problem should go away. Hope this helps."

Thanks, genious. I never thought of that.
    typical. He doesn't have a clue what's wrong or how to fix it, he is just getting rid of you so he can move on to the next email.

Question

What level are you?
    And which surgery clinic are you trying to use?

If below 6 (the levels that you get missions at the newbie ground missionbooth) you need to use the surgery clinic in the newbie grounds otherwise the one in the normal stores

It actually doesn't matter what level I am. I originally had a level 25 soldier that it started happening with as soon as I reactivated my account, so I started a new character thinking that one may have been bugged due to the long layoff and patching done in the meantime. But now it happens with the new character who is level 10.

I've petitioned 2 times, each administrator told me to reinstall and patch the game in two different ways and neither of them have worked. I reactivated my account because I read the game was getting very close to what it was originally intended to be, but I'm getting closer and closer to cancelling again. I'm just now waiting on my tech support e-mail to be answered, and if they're as knowledgable as the two administrators have been this sucker is as good as in the recycle bin.

Make sure you have at least 600+ creds before using a machine.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.