Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online Expansion Pack

Smile Of course I will buy it

I love AO.

I do not disagree that there are underpopulated areas.

Here are some side things I would like to see:

More emotes,
    Including /LayDown /Breakdance /combHair /thinking /onphonecall(which also sets you to AFK)

Benches outside Tir FT - have you seen how many people sit on the ground? - and why can they fix the sitting on chairs - i dont sit crosslegged on normal chairs.

More field interaction, mirrors, taps that work, radios.

More Music - after a few hours I have turned it off. or CD controls in the game itself - we all play CD's, perhaps with fancy skins that do all the EQing in you "implant of CD control"

The ability to play soccer.

Drunkenness.

more temples.

Amen.

Re: Of course I will buy it

Originally posted by Animosity
    and why can they fix the sitting on chairs - i dont sit crosslegged on normal chairs.
    You don't? What a freak!
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Arrow

No! I sit cross-legged above them! (At least on the chairs in the trade area of the Omni-Tek shops...)

A long discussion about...

I have started a discussion in the Next Patch forum but no respons from either Cosmik or Cz. The problem is that if the change in fundamental gamemechanics (such as skillspecialization) are not implemented in both versions (Shadowland and normal version of AO) will this unbalance the game if we are playing in the same dimension.

Read everything here, but the last 3-4 pages are most important.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=27222

Forget everything I say about items in first posts as this isn't my point.

Well the most lousy company funcom will release this Expansion and add 999 old Bugs + 999 new bugs.

I am just hanging around with some friends but we all start to play Star wars online togheter. over 30 people Thats your own fault funcom, you wont listen to us , we will leave if something better comes, no loyality for you Funcom, you ignored us all time and now you wanna sell us an Exp, pack ??

Fix the existing game damnit , its in Beta 0.96 state and far away from a real 14.2, make 14.2 more like Beta 0.97 and i agree......................................

Funcom has only luck that the players made friends they wont give up. but me and my guild decided to leave all togheter

On the off-chance that anyone still believes that people are not being taken off AO patches to work on Shadowlands, I give you this quote from AO Stratics:

Henning: Basically what we have done is split the Anarchy Online team into seperate groups.So its about 30 people working on the expansion and another 30 people working on the patches. So we will continue to do patches at regular intervals.

Scorus

Do we know how many devs were around before the Midgard project got canceled and the workforces merged? How many are we talking about being moved to the expansion?

Your post gives us the numbers now, but that tells us nothing in relation to this point unless we also know the numbers before.

And it still does nothing to counter my point on how far they have brought the game since release, and how far it may be planned to go before the expansion comes out. Assuming a late November release of the expansion, and the average patch rate of one every three weeks, that's seven or eight more patches before the expansion goes out.

Originally posted by Ichidann
    And it still does nothing to counter my point on how far they have brought the game since release, and how far it may be planned to go before the expansion comes out. Assuming a late November release of the expansion, and the average patch rate of one every three weeks, that's seven or eight more patches before the expansion goes out.
    ?????

How far they have brought it? Here's a statistic you overlooked.

Did the game fully work when it went live.
    NO!

Does the game fully work NOW.
    NO!

In short, they pander a broken game, then pull programmers to work on 'Expansions', whey they haven't fixed the broken crap yet.

Pull your head out of your butt and smell what your shoveling.
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

Look foward to the new zones!

They will all prob be PvP and no save terms, well at least when I am in Home lfg I will at least know there are even more empty zones out there.

Maybe the expansion pack will have pets that can find the door?

Originally posted by Heavypacker

Did the game fully work when it went live.
    NO!

Does the game fully work NOW.
    NO!
    Did I say the game works fully now? No, not in any of my posts. Did I say it works much better than at release? Yes, and if you stop to look at it, you'll have to agree.

In fact, I'd suggest that instead of asking if it works fully (not even EQ players after what, 3-4 years now, think that game works fully), ask if it works reasonably well.

Did the game work reasonably well when it went live?
    No.

Does the game work reasonably well now?
    Yes. There are few exploits, fewer holes in the world to fall through, I haven't crashed out of the game in a long time, content is at a reasonable level though I'd love to see more events and static quests, classes are mostly balanced (with a few notable exceptions that have been told when to expect their luv) to the point that Dai-Galean can get 10 main questions per class to address in the forums. Yes, PvP needs to be worked on, we need more content and hunting spots at higher levels (adressed in the expansion you denigrate), and there are those issues with each class that... hmm... they are addressing.

Is the patch rate slow? Sure. But having been involved with testing other games, I am impressed with the degree of testing Funcom does on each patch before sending it live. I wish they'd pay attention to the few bugs that they miss each time, but they have generally been minor bugs and they do have a player base like... oh... you for instance, that clamors for patchs to come out more often to fix more things. So they balance bug-free patches vs. speed of release and have struck this balance of about three weeks of testing.

But... do the patches continue to address the concerns raised on these boards? Yes, they actually do. Even if you don't get dev responses as often as you'd like, they are apparently reading these boards and prioritizing issues to fix. Yeah, theres things that have been broken for a long time (take a look at any of those top ten question lists in each class forum), but they are relatively minor things in many cases... as in the class is playable even with that bug, though not as good as it will be when they get to it on the list.

So... is the game broken? Not by a long shot. Does it live up to all that we'd like it to be? Unfortunately not, even though PC Gamer decided it was the best of the year. (I don't even want to think about what that means for the other games on the market).

Having said all that... Plush Leet Dolls? No, I don't know what they are thinking highlighting that on the main page, though apparently from the Official Poll there is a lot of interest. My only hope is that the person working on this is in management or marketing, and none of the programmers are doing anything with this project...

EDIT: Heavypacker, I've kept my arguments polite and reasoned. I have respect for those who can argue the same way and not feel they need to resort to comments like your parting line in an effort to appear cool in front of their friends. You'll actually discover that people give more weight to your views when you express yourself without swears or potty-humor.
    Last edited by Meiyen; Jun 8th, 2002 at 11:54:31.

Never mind AO:SD Wheres my Special edition?!

With all the talk about Shadowlands I feel one thing is being overlooked.

The special edition

Specifically where on earth is it?

I ordered it early May, with the release date being the end of May. Here we are in June and I still havent got mine. Used the web site form to send a message to Online distrubution. Had nothing back yet (that was about 3 days ago now)

What on earth is going on FC?

Cosmik, CZ, anyone?
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

special edition

heh, i got mine last week. its out there man. problem was that everyone got it like the day before labor day in the us or the day after. so eb, gamestop, just about everyone blundered getting this out. i got mine at an independent software store during labor day weekend. its should be out there by now. im sure youll get yours soon. heh.

-CerebriX

Bleh...well AO is great and all..there are some social things that have to be fixed..like the chairs..but heck..I've started sitting crosslegged when I play, simply by habit...

The expansion sounds great...and I am looking forward to it..the only thing that really disspoints me is the fact that the storyline hasn't started yet. I have recently been working on several events, which I will soon get in touch with the events team on. I have had some difficulties finding a suitable location for them, and of course...the ARKs aren't ALLOWED to make suggestions, even if I ask. Also..the cathedral that's SUPPOSED to be out in Stret West does not exist...which would be a cool place for a lot of these events...I sincerely hope that sometime between now and Shadowlands the story gets started...because without the story, Shadowlands will just be another big static dungeon and a half-empty city.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Thank cerebrix

I feel even worse now,

Wouldnt have been as bad if no-one had got it.

Is the extra stuff any good - no, dont tell me, I dont wanna know

Hazangerine Weasel Claw
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Almost a week now

Since I mailed FC about it. Have sent another email through Digital Rivers site 2 days ago and still havent had a reply.

Not a happy bunny

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA nice timing

Well this, as with all diversions, seems great on the surface but goes to show how Funcom respects its customers.

1) Firstly the expantion pack should not even be considered untill most of the problems with the existing game have been sorted. Instead of showing its existing players a shiny new trinket to distract them, instead they choose a submersive method of dealing with this problem.

2) Kinda amzing the coincidence that starwars galaxies and ascherons call2 seem to be penciled in for relese at about the same time the expasion pack is to be on sale.

3) Dont get me wrong, I realise Funcom have to make a profit, but instead of new gimmicks that will be of short turm satisfaction, why not solve existing game flaws. (im going out on a limb here) Surely wouldnt it be better to implement a rock solid core of conteneted gamers that are happy to pay a subscription for a great game with a great story (hmmm wonder where that went to?), that works well and is rewarding to play.

4) I dont like being a part of somthing that says one thing and does another. I feel for so many players who have had to spend months with gimped professions, but remember people your enjoyment must come second to Funcoms AGENDA. Wether its right or wrong only time will tell, but I know one thing. That is to proffess to players and the community that they will directly affect the world of rubi-ka and the way the game plays, then choose not to listen to them for most of the decisions made does not instill trust or loyalty PERIOD.

5) Overall its not the game that is the real problem, just te way Funcom reserves the right to go back on whatever it says when ever it wants. The same will contine in the add on. Wether YOU as paying customers want it or not, its going to happen. Yes FC will no doubt make some improvement on RK1 but lets hope they have a rethink in the way the community shapes the game eh?

another rant from PinkIndustrys

pinkcrusader

NEVER EAT YELLOW SNOW

Heh..just a little note about the Spec. Ed. (Yes, it's in stores now btw..at least EB here in St. Louis has em).

I wonder who that handsome group of folks is in the 2nd pic on the back of the box?

**titters with glee**
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

Think I've been had

I just noticed the poll today asking if the special ed should be made available in the Europe online store (I'm in the UK).

Question is if it isnt yet HOW THE HELL WAS I ABLE TO ORDER IT FROM THE EUROPE STORE AT THE BEGINING OF MAY!!!!!!!!!

Re: A long discussion about...

Originally posted by Krabbus

Read everything here, but the last 3-4 pages are most important.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=27222

Forget everything I say about items in first posts as this isn't my point.
    Read none of it. The entire thread was a waste of time and energy
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast