Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online Expansion Pack

Thumbs up

Ah, the sweet voice of sanity...

Red face

Sanity, or an employee?

The major point he missed, is FunCom should NOT have started working on an expansion till all issues were resolved.

Take the weapon kits. A large majority are broke. And have been for months. All I have ever heard is 'Soon'.

Mind you, SOON ain't soon enough. I know programmers, AND their definition of soon. I also know their attention spans.

The expansion is like shooting the horse your riding. NOT a good idea at this point
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

Arrow

Hmm, I'll admit that is also pretty true, and whilst I want an expansion, I also want the main issues fixed if at all possible.

Guess I just want to be able to eat my cake too huh?

I object.

Strictly to Heavypacker's comments on programmers, that's all

I'm a programmer, and I'd like to state that my definition of "soon" depends on the project. If we've got a month, one day to a week. If we're talking years, "soon" could mean up to a month.

Programmers also have to have pretty good attention spans, to keep up with all those lovely little bugs that somehow keep popping up.
    --------------------------------------------------

A Day In The Life Of Your Average Programmer

"Ok, I've written it to do this, all documentation I can find says it should do this, it's doing something completely different."

*much later - note attention span of devoted programmer*

"I hate computers, I really do, WORK GODDAMN YOU!"

*keeps working on the problem*

"Ok, let's try this another way."

*repeat several times, passersby start to notice developing bald patch, and large chunks of hair around programmer's chair*

*Programmer lays eternal curse on all technology*

*Programmer fixes bug*

*Programmer happy again*

*Someone comes in with another bug*

Prof Spec?

How do you have Profession Specialization when the base Professions, for the most part, are way out of balance with each other and the environment?

If they try it, the result will most likely be:

1) Even worse class imbalance

or

2) Balanced classes made possible by Prof Spec nerfs.

If they use the expansion to balance classes with this spec stuff, then we really ARE buying the game again.

And if they don't, then we're talking imbalances "the likes of which even God has never seen".

I really don't see how the expansion features regarding professions can be claimed when it sounds like they are based on professions that are currently gimped and nowhere near basic balance.

Splain me.

All I wanna know is where I can send in Concept Art. *pouts*
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

Originally posted by Shatai
    <clipped>
    *Programmer lays eternal curse on all technology*

*Programmer fixes bug*

*Programmer happy again*

*Someone comes in with another bug*
    You forgot one:

*Programmer creams carrier of new bug with monitor*

It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

Thumbs down

Putting resources to making expansion should wait until all current problem is fixed, and there is still quite a lot of those.

Once that is done I´m all for an exansion.

All I can say is..
    I cant wait :P

Well...

I've said it before and I do it again!!

We the only real info we have right now is that there will be an expansion pack.... nothing else...

So, before we start shouting or pricing, wait until after E3...
    Thats prob when we get some more info on this.

This is the same situation as for coming fixes/nerfs and what ever, before you get hard fact just stop whining and speculating!
    It only leads to raised feeling and not to something productive.

So wait for more info..... then feel free to raise hell if you want... as long as you stand on facts not specualtion!

*sigh*

This game will always have issues. ALL MMORPG's have issues. To wait until all the issues are fixed, means never getting an expansion. You will always have that one elusive bug, or that one bit of imbalance that everyone despises. And like I mentioned before, they never said they were gonna stop working on current issues.

I say give it a chance. Wait three months, then start ranting

And for the record, I am NOT a Funcom employee. I wouldn't mind it too much if they are hiring though...

Catch ya planetside.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

If you haven't fixed the major remaining issues in the next 4 or 5 months to come there won't be many players left to buy an expansion.

You're lucky there's no better online game out for the moment or I would be gone since a long time. The lack of customer relation/care is pissing me off.

Some threads about some issues never get an answer weeks after being posted (bow buff thread by meomy in the MA forum for example). Nothing, zip, nada. Even a "no" would be good. Ignoring us is the worst thing to do.

Originally posted by Danae
    If you haven't fixed the major remaining issues in the next 4 or 5 months to come there won't be many players left to buy an expansion.

You're lucky there's no better online game out for the moment or I would be gone since a long time. The lack of customer relation/care is pissing me off.

Some threads about some issues never get an answer weeks after being posted (bow buff thread by meomy in the MA forum for example). Nothing, zip, nada. Even a "no" would be good. Ignoring us is the worst thing to do.
    And some of the posts *have* been answered, even if it is a short, "we're looking into it."

Even more of the posts are simply restating what has been answered but a few days ago.

Just because 100% of 100% of the threads have not been answered, doesn't mean they are not being read and ignored. It just means that they are not being responded to. After all, there are what, 1,000 posters here and 2 people that can reply to them with official word.

Do the expansion pack, darnit. The game is much better than when it was Beta, everything else is tweaking.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

So far they have managed to make the logo!!!!!
    -Zindel- Novice 200 Opifex MA
    -Clematis- Apprentice 180 Opifex Fixer
    -Bushwhacker- 135 Atrox Enforcer
    General of Mecenaries of Kai [TaG]

Unhappy

Originally posted by Deaddreamer

And some of the posts *have* been answered, even if it is a short, "we're looking into it."

Even more of the posts are simply restating what has been answered but a few days ago.

Just because 100% of 100% of the threads have not been answered, doesn't mean they are not being read and ignored. It just means that they are not being responded to. After all, there are what, 1,000 posters here and 2 people that can reply to them with official word.
    And without followup answers those "we´re looking into it" could just as well been skiped since we don´t get any more info most of the time.

Sometimes I think Funcoms employes have watching to much secret agent movies since they don´t give out any info worth much.
    Well it might be on a need to know basis, but we do need to know to base our choice of staying in this game or go buy a new one.

Talking Jobe is calling...

Looking forward to the expansion pack.
    Gotta be optimistic...It can only get better.

Talking Logo

Originally posted by Zindel
    So far they have managed to make the logo!!!!!
    But it is a cool logo...

Originally posted by Spook
    And without followup answers those "we´re looking into it" could just as well been skiped since we don´t get any more info most of the time.
    So not only do you want to hear that they actually acknowledged they were looking into it, you want a point-by-point response as well.. in addiition to the 500 new threads that also popped up on different issues.
    Originally posted by Spook
    Sometimes I think Funcoms employes have watching to much secret agent movies since they don´t give out any info worth much.
    Well it might be on a need to know basis, but we do need to know to base our choice of staying in this game or go buy a new one.
    The first comment is a personal strike and really does not help your argument hold any water.

The second bit is, if you are willing to wait to hear what they are going to say, why not wait until the change actually takes place? They can say all they want, and if it doesn't make it in, or if it does, it won't happen until that patch gets pushed through.

I'm not going to bother responding to anything else on the thread. Everyone here is going to jump to conclusions on this expansion, and that is all opinions. Trying to change anyone's opinions here is like pulling teeth.
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Re: Jobe is calling...

Originally posted by Goode
    Looking forward to the expansion pack.
    Gotta be optimistic...It can only get better.
    gotta disagree
    the game has its flaws but it can be a lot worse than it is right now
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Originally posted by Deaddreamer
    All I wanna know is where I can send in Concept Art. *pouts*
    I like this idea!
    Let players imagine up (and name) some new mobs
    for the expansion. Or suggest new items/nanos in
    a way that doesnt get buried in the forum spam.

Probably requires some legal disclaimer about rights and
    intellectual propety, but that shouldnt be a huge obstacle.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast