Thread: For the love of god, PLEASE fix the HP bar bugs that have been there since day 1!!!

Angry For the love of god, PLEASE fix the HP bar bugs that have been there since day 1!!!

I can't believe we're still waiting for this.

Bug #1 - While you're in a team, your team member's HP bars show only their native HP, and the extra HP they have from implants, merit boards and items goes off the scale somewhere and is not visible.

For the low HP/dark blue body dev profs, eg. MPs, NTs, Agents etc. that use a lot of implants and items to try and get their health up, this is deadly in a team. The doctor/healers don't even know these people are getting hit often until their HP is down to less than half, at which time they're as good as dead once you factor in lag, time to heal etc.

Bug #2 - Buffed HP is shown, but everytime someone goes out of range the HP bar goes down to current HP minus buffed HP, this makes that player look injured, and healers heal them, only to find that as soon as they're selected the HP bar restores back to full, but now they're waiting for heal recharge while someone else is dying.

These 2 bugs caused a lot of anxiety for me, and a lot of shouting from other players to my doc when I was getting to level 100. I couldn't relax as a doctor, cause I wasn't in control of the situation. It was one of the 3 reasons, but the main one I put my doc on the shelf to wait for some fixes. In the meantime I started an MP, and have been levelling up slowly. I'm now at level 130 on my alt MP!!

Last night, I was one hit away from dying as MP, and when I screamed to the doc for a heal, he said my hp bar was at full. But in one more hit I would have died and only fleeing saved me.

This is a critical bug that shouldn't have been allowed to go past the first month of production - WHY OH WHY has it been almost a year now, and not a single finger has been lifted to fix it?

PLEASE ... for the the love of god, do something about this!
    "I'm going to kill you." "You're going to kill us?" "No, no I'm not, I'm just kidding."

Thumbs up Agree, please fix the "health bar bug"

As a 101 lvl Doctor I can tell you that this is a very serious problem.

Angry

I viewd this post because I thought it was relating to another bug/glitch I've noticed. It pissed the hell out of me too. OK, so here it is. I go outside of the mission to let my HP regenerate and to use healthpacks, then I minized the game and go get something to drink. I com back and bring thr game back up, and I noticed my HP was ALL the way FULL, in every area where HP is indicated. I thought to myself "That was a little quick!", but didn't take too much thought into it, and ran back into the mission. To my GREAT luck I fight an NPC and as I am fighting my HP seems full, and then all of a sudden my HP drops all THE WAY to "0"!!!! My mouth dropped, and then i realized it must have been a Graphical glitch, missreporting my HP, FUNCOM!!!! ARRRG, I usually don't get mad at you guys, BUT now..... oh well, didn't loose too much Exp.
    -=/| DJ KI |\=-

RK 1:
    + "Noir7"
    + "Supaiku"
    + "Lescayuna"

RK 2:
    All Retired
    + LvL 18 Agent "Rumjungle"
    + LvL 23 Enf. "Korung"

This is one of the most serious bugs in the game, and i do not understand how complicated it could be to fix this, infact Daxe my lvl 74 doc is on the shelf perm until this issue is fixed... How can you be a good healer if you don't know when someone is dieing??? The best you can do is target the mob and assist and heal them anyways... what a waste of nano...

Both of these bugs have happened to me (although I'm not a healer, it's still annoying ), in addition to another funky display bug that happens after rezzing. As your body dev and nano pool regenerate from the rez shock, your total amount of hit points and nano points isn't updated. Zoning will update the two bars, as will opening your skill window and clicking the 'Accept' button without allocating any ip. Using the 'Accept' method will give you a message saying "You were healed for X points", where X is the difference between your initial amount of (bugged) hitpoints and the true amount of hitpoints you have. What this bug can cause if you're not aware of it is that your health bar might not be all the way full and you try to heal, you see the 'poof' of it working, but get no message saying you were healed and the bar does not change. Bye bye spendy first aid stim/treatment kit.

God, the wacky ass bugs we deal with in this game...
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Very wacky.

I was thinking of writing out just one hour of playing, and detailing every bug encountered/worked around. Must number in the hundreds.

When you start really paying attention, it's awe-inspiring how many bugs are all around you and you never really payed attention before. We've been trained to run our fingers over the F keys as docs, and that is part of what makes a 'good healer'. Many days it doesn't even occur to us to ask why we have to do that in the first place. I really don't see the problem - I've never been playing starcraft and had trouble with the health-bar.

This is bar-none and by-far the buggiest game i've ever seen or even conceived of seeing as a full-release. I love it just the same, but it needs some serious attention.

Btw, you forgot to mention the health-bar bug where someone takes damage, and they are healed, but the hp-bar is stuck at their 'damaged' state. You can waste 13 heals on a person (usually team heals since someone else is taking damage) but their HP bar WILL not move. The only way for their hp bar to move is for the status of their health to change - meaning they have to take damage. You can only hope that it isn't a comparable amount of damage to place the hp bar at the spot where it was immobile before, or you wont even SEE the difference. Once again this can be fatal to the weaker classes.

Once again in plain view i will reiterate the primary rule to bug fixes. If the bug helps people advance faster - it will be fixed. Secondary on the list are bugs that slow down advancement. I don't see the business-sense in this (barring the serious exploits - which are emergencies IMO) but there you have it.

We play a game where any one of 100's of bugs might get us killed in a mission and most times it feels more like we are fighting the game than fighting the mobs. Perhaps that is the cause of the childest angst we see alot of on these boards? Most people feel like they are at war with Funcom to level, not at war with Mobs.

"I could have handled the mob if he hadn't gone invisible and started shooting me from nowhere. The doc didn't even see the damage, and by the time i was able to tell him, some bump on the floor put him out of my Line Of Sight and he couldn't heal me. I tried to zone, but i still took 10 hits after I zoned."

--sounds like a very rare occurance to me - i only hear this kind of thing once every hour of play MAX

Originally posted by Nalissa
    Very wacky.

I was thinking of writing out just one hour of playing, and detailing every bug encountered/worked around. Must number in the hundreds.
    Sounds like a great research project... but GOD, I would get so depressed doing something like that.

Originally posted by Nalissa
    Most people feel like they are at war with Funcom to level, not at war with Mobs.
    We go from fighting a virtual corporation with trillions of credits to fighting a real corporation with thousands of dollars, both with the same mission: DESTROY THE ENEMY AT ALL COSTS!!!
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Yes, it's sad...

Well spoken words Nalissa. Couldn't be truer if you tried

I particularly like your quote. And yes... even last night when I was doc'ing people almost died, once because the guy I was healing was on the other side of a waist-high wall toilet stall right next to me in same room - but of course 'out of range', and the other time the person was slightly inside the next room and just a little to the left of the door frame and I could only see half their body.

The reason people die is because you don't have time to find out WHY they haven't been healed yet by looking at the chat screen, and that's IF you can see that single line 'target out of range' etc. in amongst the thousands of lines flying by in a situation like this.

It's a shame that these bugs can't be fixed, LOS has such poor rules (the WORST of which has to be in rooms that have 'ditches' in them - I think Smuggler's Den is the worst ever for this) and that the promised chat windows that would give better feedback and clearer understanding of what's going on has all not been addressed yet.... and an expansion pack will probably be here (I guess with the same problems) before any of it is fixed.
    "I'm going to kill you." "You're going to kill us?" "No, no I'm not, I'm just kidding."

The only way to get a quick answer from Funcom is to insult them in the thread topic but you might get banned pretty fast
    For that they surely know how to pay attention and act.

Anyway, BUMP. This bug is very annoying for any healer.

This seriously needs to be fixed, I'm tired of pressing F2-F6 for every second room in missions. It might be crucial if someone is need of a single heal instead of a team heal just cause u can't c who's dying or not.

Continue to bump this post

Bots too

I'll add another one to the mix.

When you use a Divert Energy to HitPoints trimmer on your bot, the bot's HP bar will go up, then immediately fall back down. So eventually when your pet's health is back to 100%, his bar will only show 80% for example.

Definitely not as serious but annoying nonetheless.
    Drusillus
    Band of Brothers

Level 143 Omni-Tek Chief Engineer

Curator of the Rubi-Ka Encyclopaedia of Armor

Thumbs up Good News

I posted this in the doctor's forum as well (well, being a doc and all :>) and I got a loot of bumps and support there for it (thx guys ) and good news...

An official response that they've now looked into it and will hopefully fix for 14.4... here's the post -

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postid=461723
    Last edited by Kikdabucket; May 24th, 2002 at 08:25:26.

Hpbugs

BUMP!!!!

Well lets not give Funcom rest until they sorted this out..

and btw... the hpbuff called Gargantuan Health is also bugged... test it .. the hpbar get screwed.... !!

Angry Disappointing Funcom

Even though they said they'd look into it for 14.4 - NOTHING in the patch notes.

So *BUMP* AND GODDAMN FIX THIS BUG FFS! I'm no longer calm about this, this is SIMPLY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!