Thread: Slaves of Rubi-Ka

Slaves of Rubi-Ka

Slaves of Rubi-Ka
    Jamior

(OTPC) -- Many feel that slavery is detestable and immoral, yet there are those that find it perfectly acceptable, and then there are those that are indifferent to the matter. Is slavery immoral? Acceptable? Those at Slaves of Rubi-Ka have a unique view.

The President of Slaves of Rubi-Ka is currently Mistress "Zette" Dumontaigne, members of Ms. Dumontaigne's organization who are 'slaves' had applied for the right to be a slave. When asked about how the slaves were treated, a 'slave' by the name of Private "Thayami" Harnett chimed in stating, "I am very well treated. Better then I was ever before, Sir." Another slave, Elle "Elleiah" Dilaine said, "I have been treated very well since entering the program, sir. Mistress Zette has made certain I have everything I need before I ask."

Zette said she doesn't beat her 'slaves' or treat them badly and that the owners do not actually 'own' anyone at all, but more so have a contract with them. These slaves have rights and legal agreements preventing them from being harmed or abused. If a 'slave' no longer wished to be a slave the contract would be renegotiated or terminated. These 'slaves' are willing participants and the owners are limited by the terms of their contract. The slaves are educated, trained in a profession, are supplied with clothing, food, housing, equipment, and even moral support at no cost. Should a slave ever wish to leave their position, that slave is given financial remuneration, akin to severance pay, and freed.

"Legally speaking, lifetime employment contracts are completely legal," "Betji", an independent Clan member added. "As long as the contract is entered into voluntarily." Betji went on to state that Zette had "deliberately selected the term 'slave' to give her organization more visibility". Though one may question the morality of the nomenclature, these slaves seem perfectly happy with their current lives.

Since the time between my interview with Elleiah and now, Elleiah has been sold to Wayne "Whaynn" Harbinguer and released.

Elle sips her morning coffee while leaning against the bar in Rompa. It's early still, not a soul around except her... and of course =Audit=.

"=Audit=, lets see what's in the news today," Elle says, stifling a yawn.

"Yes, Master. Access granted: Loading... Noted: Search for OTPC article by Mr. Jamior successful. Would you like to read this first, Master?"

Elle perks up and sets her coffee to the side.

"Yes! Yes, I want to read that one."

"Loading..."

<a moment later...>

Elle grins wide at =Audit=.

"Well, I'm very impressed. It's all just as we told him. Seems the editors here are a bit more liberal than they were on Omni-Prime. He didn't really stretch any of it to suit OT policy."

"Yes, Master."

"Hmm... with any luck, people will actually get it," she mutters, running a slender hand through her long black hair.

"Shop til you drop in Omni-1 Trade!"

"Ugh!" Elle rolls her eyes at the propaganda. "We are NOT talking about shopping this early in the morning, =Audit=."

"Noted."
    Elle "Elleiah" DiLaine: Omni Bureaucrat, Atlantean
    Now a waitress for Rompa Entertainment "It's all about the booty!"
    Former slave of Slaves of Rubi-Ka

--------------------------------------------------------
    Riena "Riesse" Solo: Clan Adventurer, Atlantean
    -"My name is pronounced like 'R-E-E-S-E.' Say it with me: 'Riesse sounds like Reese.' Again: 'Riesse.' There we go! You get a L33t Tr33t(tm)!
    Assembly

If the employment contract is legal and in accordance with ICC and OT regulations, and only questionable due to it’s language, we should allow Zette Dumontaigne to operate her business and commend the entrepreneurial spirit inside her that keeps our corporation strong and healthy in these changing time.

We should welcome the “Slaves of Rubi-Ka” to the free market capitalist economy of Rubi-Ka, and let them be judged by the harshest judge know to humanity, Market Pressure. If she can provide a service at a reasonable cost that the public demands, she will flourish. If her nomenclature and marketing causes the consumer to look elsewhere, she will fail. As my grandfather used to say, “the millstones of Market Pressure may grind slowly, but they grind extremely fine.”
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Contracts of Slavery

This happy slave feels she must comment on this.

It is very true that a verbal and/or written contract is made when a prospective slave seeks to serve a Master/Mistress/Owner. Within this very important contract are clauses that state what is expected of the slave and of the Master/Mistress/Owner. It should also state what the limits are of both parties on the unique relationship.

((What most don't understand, is that those that are into this type of roleplay is that both parties are consenting to each other. It also should be stated that both are of legal age...))

Niether party...usually...does not enter this kind of relationship/contract for publicity. It is because they want to. They do not wish to be harassed, have people try to "free" them - which does happen all the time...just that people respect thier choice and accept it. Not that they nesecarily need to understand it.

If anyone wishes to understand more, a good start would be to start a search on the gridfeed for BDSM, Bondage, Domination or Submission. But that is just a start...there is an entire large community out there if people would like to learn more and "most" in the community are very willing to explain the different aspects they enjoy. Even most likely will lead anyone on the way to learn all they can.

Knowledge is Power.

Just remember that most of the slaves like this girl have entered the lifestyle of thier own free will. We do not wish to be "freed" and it's an incredible insult to even try to. Nor do some Mistress/Master/Owners appricate the "offer" to sell thier property/slaves/submissives. Each contract is different and no two are alike...just respect it.

And as a last note, don't think anyone can learn everything in one day...let alone a few months...this slave still learns much everyday, infact.

Zhelia
    194 Trader slave

"If you can't understand this slave, at least respect her choice."

Exclamation

Zhe, you've been away from Rompa's a bit too long, I fear. Mistress Zette's organization trains and sells slaves purely for professional and business reasons. The "intimate" form of slavery you're familiar with up north is not involved here. As Elle's droid =Audit= is so fond of repeating, "Master is not a pet."

For more about The Slaves of Rubi-Ka, including the fascinating people and stories involved, look here.

- your friend, Betji

After reading the replies to the article, Elle sighed.

"Master is not a pet. That is incorrect. Master is not a pet. Access Denied."

"Shush, =Audit=. Betji already said that."

"Madam Betji: People first, Politics last."

"Yes, that Betji. There's only one."

"Coffee anyone?"

"No!" Elle rests her chin on her small fist and frowns, thinking carefully. "=Audit=, take a dictation. Begin now:

To whom it may concern:

I entered into a contract of slavery by my own will. I was freed from that contract when Mr. Harbinguer purchased me and told me I was free... although I had made clear I was a slave because I wanted to be. I now work as a waitress in Rompa and am quite satisfied with this occupation. No, it isn't slavery, but it's waitressing. There's not much difference.

I am not, never have been, and never will be a pleasure pet, love slave, sub, or any other form of the word. Miss Zette does not allow these people into her program. This kind of slavery is slavery in its purest sense. I suggest anyone who is appalled by it go look at the site Miss Betji provided, or read the Terms of Service that I read before applying. I think you will find it is legally binding and actually quite appealing.

If it is not your cup of tea: drink coffee. It is, however, what I chose to do. Leave me to it, please.

Best Regards,

Elle DiLaine, Beaurocrat, former slave"

"=Shall I send this to the Grid Forums, Master?"

"Yes, thank you, =Audit=," Elle looked at her droid, fully expecting some form of randomness.

"Coffee anyone?"

Elle ducks just as the android emitted a stream of steaming hot coffee in her direction. "=AUDIT=! Use a coffee cup!"

"Yes, Master."

-"My name is pronounced like 'R-E-E-S-E.' Say it with me: 'Riesse sounds like Reese.' Again: 'Riesse.' There we go! You get a L33t Tr33t(tm)!
    Assembly

"Oh well..." Thayami sighed.
    She was sure, people wouldn't understand why someone should become a slave on their own will. Thayami read the comment again that was posted from her:
    "I am very well treated. Better then I was ever before, Sir."
    Oh course she was... almost everything was better then her past life. But how should people understand, if they don't know about her past.

Thayami sighed again and sat there for a moment... then she realized what was wrong with that article. Her name... if her uncle would read this he would know where she was.
    Thayami's look was worried. She needed to talk to Mistress Zette. Now. Thay stood up and left the apartment where she was living in alone now again...
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

M'Lady Betji.

So slave has been away for awhile. This slave knows what that organization does. And that's another kind/side of slavery. Not all people are into that. This girl is very lucky to be serving a Mistress that isn't going to "train" her just to sell her later.

Maybe You should re-read this slave's post.

This slave knows what they do and she doesn't agree with it totally...but that's thier choice.

Everyone makes thier own choices in life...slave has made hers.

Zhelia
    194 Trader slave

"If you can't understand this slave, at least respect her choice."
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

Originally posted by Zhelia
    If anyone wishes to understand more, a good start would be to start a search on the gridfeed for BDSM, Bondage, Domination or Submission.
    "I think this may have been what Miss Betji was referring to. In this case, that would not be a good place for information, but a good place to get the wrong idea. Slaves of Rubi-Ka has fought this impression since its beginning, and still does. I have been mistaken for a 'pet' more times than I'd like to say.

I am in no way belittling your way of life, simply pointing out that the slavery I agreed to was, in fact, not that at all. To me, and to Miss Zette, I believe, the 'BDSM' slave is in no way similar to a practical slave. At the very least, the similarity lies solely in that both types of slave are owned by someone and enjoy serving. How they serve and how the owner/master views the slave is completely different.

Sincerely,
    Elle DiLaine"

Elle rubs her forehead as =Audit= goes through the electronical processes of publishing her statement.

"=Audit=, let's practice what I taught you yesterday, alright?"

"Yes, Master. Coffee anyone?"

"Yes, please."

=Audit= goes to the bar and gets a clean coffee mug, fills it with the dark, hot liquid, and brings it to Elle.

"Ah, much better, =Audit=. Thank you." Elle leans back and takes a slow sip.

She sputters, grimaces, and looks into the cup.

"THIS IS USED OIL, YOU DIMWITTED TIN CAN OF AN ASSISTANT!"

"Yes, Master. Omni-Tek is your friend!"

Assembly

Slavery for the purpose of entertainment and pleasure is merely distasteful. Slavery for the purpose of commerce crosses a very important line. While "Mistress" Zette's contracts may be more akin to indentured servitude than outright slavery, the end result is still trade in human lives, and it is unacceptable. Such a system is too open to abuse, and deprives those entering into the agreements of too much power. The testimony of a few "happy" slaves, questionable to begin with since it might so easily be coerced, neither allows nor forgives the larger practice.

The law exists to protect the powerless. The fact that this woman and her disgusting business have been allowed to operate openly without meaningful resistance makes clear the extent of the corruption within the corporation.

God save Omni-Tek!

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Comment

Zette read the article again. Each time she read she became frustrated. She couldn't see where some of these comments came from. Off the wall was about as close as she could get. "They're not getting it," she thought. "They explain and explain and all they can see is a preconcieved notion." Noble or slanderous, their comments continued to miss the mark.

Zette thought again of the girls and boys who came to her. Each with their own story, their own needs. "Funny how we, all of us, are running from or hiding from something," she mused.

She looked again through the article and the discussions, her eye stopping at the recommendation to research into the culture of BDSM, Bondage, Domination and Submission. She shook her head. This had nothing at all to do with her organization, but the connection was made and people will see what they will see.

She thought back to a conversation with a curious bystander. "So, how much do your pets sell for," he'd asked.

"My slaves are not pets, " Zette told him. "I don't sell pets."

"You mean, none of your slaves are..." he gestured and waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Zette took a deep breath and looked into his face. "My slaves are trained in functional professions. If you want me to say that they are never involved in pleasure activities," she shrugged, "well, I can't say that. They are capable of making their own decisions. I can only say that I do not sell pleasure pets and I do not recruit pleasure pets. My slaves conduct themselves appropriately. The relationships they develop outside my influence is none of my business." She relaxed her posture. "I will tell you this, though. There are many kinds of slaves. There are those born to it, there are those who are, by some some personality trait, suited to it, and there are those who hide in it.

"All but one of the slaves I have ever owned I acquired without and exchange of value. All came to me willingly. Even the one I purchased was eager to be released from her former Master. I hocked or sold everything I own to satisfy that bastard's greed, but I don't regret it.

"These slaves that so many of you look down your noses at and misjudge are bright, strong and full of potential. I am very careful about placing a slave with an owner. There must be a good match. The slave must be willing to serve the Master. The Master must be willing to support and care for the slave. There is nothing 'BDSM-D/s-M/s-SM' in the contract or in the transaction, implied or otherwise.

"You do not know these men and women who place thier lives in my hands. You do not know what they come from or where they are destined for. You do not know who they are. You do not understand and, being what you are, you will never understand why they are slaves."

Zette sips her wine thoughtfully. "However, lest you think there is some noble cause in my methods, business is business. I'm in it for the money. Understanding my merchandise is simply a way to ensure that a transaction doesn't go wrong."