Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two people to my KOS list today...

Two people to my KOS list today...

Normal I don't pvp(Even though I have the cash and the talent I'd think I do pretty darn good at it not to mention come 14.2 I could turn any of my chars into a PVP machine(only "Good" Pvp class I don't have lvl 50+ is Soilders anyway)

Today the unthinkable happend

A Nerf came down the line due from an accident a Doc thread in there forum asking to increase Docs Team heal power(All agreed it was a good thing as some pointed out correctly Traders can team heal better for around 150 levels due to the DOT not stacking and the damage it does is 1/2 whats its supposed to be)

Well here comes the Nerf Bat WAP!

Funcoms solution

Traders now get to heal every 1.1 mins
    Traders can only heal agian when the DOT from the First Team heal has cancled(around 1 min and ten seconds)

The imdedt reaction from the docs was

Oh Ship! THATS NOT WHAT WE MENT!
    Understandable and zoom here comes Noer demanding(rightly) an explination
    Poof goes Funcom away to the dark depths

99.999% of people are outraged at this,(The worst thing funcom could have done outsiding of removing team heals from the game)

Except for
    Lodrin-Omni
    Hahah, was the right direction (hurting traders, not helping doctors) but perhaps not the best way to nerf the trader heal.

Either way, I'm content.
    And the ever brillant

Light with this STELLER Logic

Perhaps i'm the only one..
    But I find this avery acceptable answer. Heals in this game are already strong enough, making the doc heals stronger won't make us any more useful. People are doing team missions fine the way they are without the 2nd best healing class, making us the best by increasing our heals still won't make us more desirable then someone who can heal almost as well, hit harder, and buff the teams nanoskills while others buff up.
    Now terrible logic aside this screams injustice

Click the link in my sig and learn why
    NERFS ARE WRONG
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Trader heals had to be nerfed imho, but this is an insane nerf, could aswell taken heals away from traders.

It prolly wont go live i think tho...
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

You'd be suprized

Or prehaps I'm just a little POed ATM

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

If it sounds like a real nasty,illogical, hasty decided, immature and rapist nerf, you can be sure it will go live not to hurt the feelings of the stoned non game playing progger/developer who thought it up 5am in the morning after 15 drinks too much
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Post ouch

First, i'm a fixer not a trader.

Second, this nerf stinks!

FC, whatcha thinking? Leave traders be, they work! Don't mess up perfectly good work trying to fix what isn't broken!

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Sadly the official politics are

- break whats working.
    - forget whats broken.
    ~Lone

Traders are uber, but no need to nerf them this much.. I mean, this is insane. It pretty much totally takes away their healing aspects.
    ~Chris

As I've posted elsewhere and other places
    SUPPORT THE NMN!

This is a PRIME example of why its nessary

Links in my sig exuse me I'm off to run a few missions with a friend doc who uses A&O when the Real mean enfocers come a charging and I team heal while he rechages...

This just speaks volumes..

As Noer might agree with me, outsiding of making or taking are charms away(Or making debuffs affect NPCs) there is not realy anything that needs to be fixed(Not counting trade skills but thats a whole diffrent beast)

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

What the ****?! NO ! NO WAY!

I made a trader on RK3 German server, My friend made a Fixer and my other friend a NT, now I am the depended on healer, we do hard mission all the time, well mobs are orange and if I cant heal all the time then, what the ****? Ill have to go back to my "Doctor".

Idiots! ;( This is stupid, even tho I really do think they are over powered, I for one say NO, this is stupid.

LEAVE THERE HEALS ALONE!

I totally agree with this thread, both in principle, and because the proposed nerf is insane. My main happens to be an agent, and although there are some good things comming out of the upcoming patch, we lose high level MP pets... and since I'm level 160, that means main source of healing gone. Now, the thing I discovered about why agents are actually fun at this level is because of Mimic, and I find that I spend a lot of my time as trader, because (just about) EVERY team needs a healer. It also so happens that most traders spend half their time divesting and plundering mobs to be able to cast those oh-so-uber heals that the docs are complaining so much about, unless they're very high level, and those drains have notably long recharge times.

Now, unless 1/6th of the population is going to be a doc, the rest of us are gonna spend the day typing "/s lvl 150+ team of 5... looking for doc" all day... and that gets boring... fast. Since it also so happens that the DoTs that the trader gets hit by will inflict the same amount of damage (except the premium) what is basically being offered is to allow traders to heal damage, and then make them slowly watch themselves die. Well and good if there happens to be a doc around to do something about it... but aren't traders useless as healers now? And the health freeloaders are useless anyway, so team heals, but no self-heals.

Originally posted by Punkbum
    Trader heals had to be nerfed imho, but this is an insane nerf, could aswell taken heals away from traders.

It prolly wont go live i think tho...
    Traders still have other heals to use when the team heal recharge.

Now they won't be able to spam the team heal button and get 1k hp every 4 sec.

I still think that nerf is insane, FC taking a really easy way out instead of fixing what was broken about healing.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

OMFG is that an official?

Then its total BS i know funcom is realy screwing up latly perfect example is Nerfing Critical Shot and Changing Eplison Purge. But this.....

Maybe its time to go back to DAoC.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

!

Wait a sec!

On the other hand, why should they have better team heals then Doc´s. What should FC have done instead?, increase the doc heals and leave the traders as it is?, not likely!.

So, this nerf is good. Thou i must admit it was a bit to big, of a nerf.

I know Im on 99% omni affiliated KOS list. Everytime when omni had a chance, they will attack me. Even in 75% zone, say in Omni Trade, when a guard cameby, he said "Prepapre to die, Wenzell !".........KOS list.....so what ?

Well guys most of you asked for nerf stick to hit trader... you got it.

Hope you happy now trader will be not 3ber anymore.
    Wonder how much bumpage it will take to nerf doctor after 14.4 which defenetly will make doctor unbeatable.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Changing the recharge on Docs would have helped aswell...
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Wenzell
    I know Im on 99% omni affiliated KOS list. Everytime when omni had a chance, they will attack me. Even in 75% zone, say in Omni Trade, when a guard cameby, he said "Prepapre to die, Wenzell !".........KOS list.....so what ?
    Wenzell they just luv you .

They love you as much as you love claudeh.

bah what am i saying.

Yup, a lot of parallels between Cloudeh and Wenzell.

---

besides I think they love to be compared.
    ~Lone

Unhappy

Why does EVERY thread turn out to be a Wenzell - Cloudeh sh|tnitz?
    From now on, you shall all talk about
    CAOL!

PS: Heals in this game are more than good enough for PvM, and already far to uber in PvP. Thus FC couldn't up heals. Nerfing trader heals was the only way to go. And you still don't know the specs of the new short DoT. So give it a break already and chill..
    Last edited by Caol; May 14th, 2002 at 12:05:20.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Caol, are you feeling deprived? We can give you more attention if you like....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast