Thread: Poll: Higher XP requirements / level

Poll: Higher XP requirements / level

Hello all,
    What do you think about increasing the XP required to level, at least for level 2 ~ mid-levels ? (not level 1 since you're stuck in some backyard =)

This would probably (or at least partially) solve the following problems :

* Levelling too fast.
    I think currently, at least at lower-mid levels, I level way too fast. It may just be my opinion (tho I heard others say the same), but I've never seen an RPG game where you can level as fast as in AO.

* Not enough credits
    You get more credits per level, so that you actually have some to spend on equipment.

* Fighting
    Since you have more to spend on better equipment, fighting should be easier for some.

* Balance.
    Gives FunCom more time to balance hi-level things a bit

* Missions
    Again, the credits. No more need to do missions just to survive if hunting has a good xp / creds balance. Missions get boring after a while, and being forced to do them makes the game boring. Not that missions shouldn't be improved, of course, but it shouldn't be the only way to make credits.

Or, maybe the XP reward for killing should be lowered instead. Then other skills that give some xp will be worth it.

Of course not everybody's going to be happy about it, but I think that in the long term, this will be a good improvement. What do you think ?

Re: Poll: Higher XP requirements / level

Originally posted by reality
    * Levelling too fast.
    I think currently, at least at lower-mid levels, I level way too fast. It may just be my opinion (tho I heard others say the same), but I've never seen an RPG game where you can level as fast as in AO.

* Not enough credits
    You get more credits per level, so that you actually have some to spend on equipment.

* Fighting
    Since you have more to spend on better equipment, fighting should be easier for some.

* Balance.
    Gives FunCom more time to balance hi-level things a bit

* Missions
    Again, the credits. No more need to do missions just to survive if hunting has a good xp / creds balance. Missions get boring after a while, and being forced to do them makes the game boring. Not that missions shouldn't be improved, of course, but it shouldn't be the only way to make credits.

Or, maybe the XP reward for killing should be lowered instead. Then other skills that give some xp will be worth it.

Of course not everybody's going to be happy about it, but I think that in the long term, this will be a good improvement. What do you think ?
    I disagree. I think you have to level fast if you are ever going to have anything to do with the storyline. Anytime something happens there is a swarm of 100+ level characters there to kill it quickly. And, thusfar, there isn't much to do in the story but fight. So if you stop people from leveling now, you are gimping them out of the storyline.

On the money situation, the problem there was and is exploiting. Funcom was very slow in dealing with this problem (after 4 months they asked if we wanted them to do a pre-emptive strike against exploiters? A pre-emptive strike can't be done after the damage is done, they should have worked on this from the beginning and would have if they weren't busy still trying to get it in pseudo-launchable state.) and therefore the economic system is in ruins. Exploiters have enough money to drive the price of everything up to where non-exploiters can't afford it. Pretty simple.

Scorus

hmmmm

hmmmm no.

if i want endless streams of mobs to kill to lev, i could go play eq or daoc ehehehe
    tradeskillz ?

reality, bad idea. At lvl 155 it takes 15mil to lvl. I am geting 20- 30k a kill. And these kills aren't easy. As a matter a fact they are extremely difficult. So lowering exp even at lowers is a bad idea.

Angry

Definetly it would be wrong to increase XP req per level!
    Then the only thing u could do is levelin n order to assume something sometime. What about exploration the lands, doin RPG, just hangin around in baboons a.s.o.?
    NO plz dont change XP req. Let the ppl lvl if they want. They wont live long on RUBI KA. They are ust power gamers and will stop playin when they erached lvl 200. So dont worry. If u are a real RPGer u wont level too fast!

So far
    Shinji

Originally posted by Vegan
    reality, bad idea. At lvl 155 it takes 15mil to lvl. I am geting 20- 30k a kill. And these kills aren't easy. As a matter a fact they are extremely difficult. So lowering exp even at lowers is a bad idea.
    Ya, what he said
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Considering some profs only get their neat prof stuff at post 70, I'll give this one a big resounding "No".

Maybe if you tried to think that every ding means 1/4 of a level in Eq (old 50max), and THEN say it is too fast.

To lvl25 in EQ (midpoint, lvl100 here) no level took me more than 5 hours solo, back when EQ started and there were no twinkers and exp making was not yet fully sorted out by optimizers. And I did it solo, as a bard. That would mean I could be leveling say once every hour and bit up till lvl100 if for some weird reason someone wanted to actually make the games "advance" at same rate. Lets just say, at lvl60 a level every hour is not easy to make, and I bet over 80 very very not-easy to make.

Oh, yeah. This is not "other MMORPG", this is not "other MMORPG", repeat after me and stop comparing.

I think they should increase the xp gained from tradeskills and reduce tradeskill costs (cr not IP) before they even think about changing xp reqs to level or xp from mobs.

I wish this game had alternative means of leveling.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

tradeskills xp

Aye, I really hope they're going to do that sometime (xp for tradeskills). It would be the first game I played with that feature, where you get xp by actually doing your thing =)

It would be great if a doc gets xp for healing (and not or very little for killing), adventurer for exploring, agent for sneaking past enemies and so on.