Thread: Reflect Shields and Bracers: The Next Crit Buffs

Reflect Shields and Bracers: The Next Crit Buffs

Crit buffs are being nerfed! Run for the hills! It is going to balence PvP! (or so they say, though not really)

However, other items are just as powerful as crit buffs, though they are only effective level 150+ or 190+, they are still extremely powerful. It is possible to get 72% *CONSTANT* reflection against a damage type.

2 Ql 200 Title 6 Bracers = 42% Reflect Chance (one damage type)
    1 [best] Soldier Reflect Shield = 30% Reflect Chance (all damage types)

Even now reflect shields are the second most used buffs behind Crit Buffs in PvP, and that is why. The only small reprieve is that 42% of the damage is against one or two damage types; though it doens't matter if you are doing fair duel.

"Hey, that guy is using an ithaca.." Pull out 2 21% Bracers for projectiles.
    Flashpoint.. Energy ones.

As more and more people reach Titlelevel5 and especially titlelevel6, reflect shields are becoming more and more powerful, especially to healing classes.

Take, for example, a doc dueling a soldier with the things explained about.

A 7000 Non-PvP Full Auto - Halved, 3500, then only 72% of the damage is 980 damage. (Anyone below level 100 or 75 will think that that is a lot, but any nanomage above level 146 [aka MKII armor time] has over 4k self buffed HPs without any trouble). A 5000 regular burst, 2500, and then 700 damage burst, and 5k crit fling for another 700 damage. 2380 damage. Slap on Complete Heal or something similar and the most powerful instant damage in the game was shrugged off.

Soldiers, after Title Level 6, can get 100% reflect for 1 minute and 20 seconds, or 96% reflect for two minutes with their MK shield.

Just my two cents.
    ~Chris

I don't see how having great defense against 1 damage type or good against 2 types (with an outside buff - solider shield) is unbalancing.

It's not like you can't change to an off damage type right? MAs just need to use one of their damage type change nanos, Fixers have chemical maussers and regular ones right, and NTs have all 8 damage types. Following this string of logic, the only ones who "need" a change are enforcers since ALL of their weapons do the same damage type (same for Engineers but they haven’t been given a PvP license yet anyway). MPs have off damage type nukes. Docs have DoTs.

Where is the problem here?

The solution I would offer you is that WE all need to be able to change our damage types without changing our weapons (aka different types of ammo). That is just my opinion but o well.

Originally posted by Meligant
    I don't see how having great defense against 1 damage type or good against 2 types (with an outside buff - solider shield) is unbalancing.

It's not like you can't change to an off damage type right? MAs just need to use one of their damage type change nanos, Fixers have chemical maussers and regular ones right, and NTs have all 8 damage types. Following this string of logic, the only ones who "need" a change are enforcers since ALL of their weapons do the same damage type (same for Engineers but they haven’t been given a PvP license yet anyway). MPs have off damage type nukes. Docs have DoTs.

Where is the problem here?

The solution I would offer you is that WE all need to be able to change our damage types without changing our weapons (aka different types of ammo). That is just my opinion but o well.
    A) Nanos are viable, but all nano professions have low HPs anyway. Most NTs and such would put on an Ithaca so reflect shields work here.

B) Ithacas.. krutts.. etc.. all do Projectile damage. (2/3 of all professions...)

C) 90% of soldier's weapons do Energy damage

~Chris

Exactly what I posted my thread about "A lil thought about Reflection Bracers and PVP" ...

As dmg is futher capped, healers blast up on the pvp inmortality list. Something need to be adjusted here for sure...
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

We need a pvp patch. There are alot more things to fix.
    Say if crit and reflection are fixed, a lvl 30 with essence of behemoth + omni-med enhancement + life channeler + other buffs is still way overpowered than he should be.

Originally posted by Wenzell
    We need a pvp patch. There are alot more things to fix.
    Say if crit and reflection are fixed, a lvl 30 with essence of behemoth + omni-med enhancement + life channeler + other buffs is still way overpowered than he should be.
    Agreed. Put a lvl cap on the buffs. Easy as 1-2-3.

[Unnamedn00b12] Hi, plz buff me bihemott escense!!1
    [Caol] Ok.
    * Target needs to be level 92
    [Caol] You are to low lvl. need to 92.
    [Unnamedn00b12] thnx for nothing you god damn retard! fock yu!
    Last edited by Caol; May 14th, 2002 at 12:16:30.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Unhappy Reflection do need balance

They are rather over powering and nice for those had chance get them before drop was nerfed. This makes were classes that duel say someone with 2 x ql 200 reflection matching their damage type impossible. Very few classes can just switch thier damage types and be just effective as they were with the primary weapon they were using. If you nerf Soldier shields to self only then will go hp buffs because they give classes too much hp that are not suppose have them? Making bracers unique would just encourage those with two types bracers already on to keep them on in such case as people who still use IQ rings.

Originally posted by Megabio

A) Nanos are viable, but all nano professions have low HPs anyway. Most NTs and such would put on an Ithaca so reflect shields work here.

B) Ithacas.. krutts.. etc.. all do Projectile damage. (2/3 of all professions...)

C) 90% of soldier's weapons do Energy damage

~Chris
    Yes. But IF FC changed how AMMO works then every gun in the game wouldn't be so limited. Reflect bracers work fine is all I’m saying and nerfing them just hurts PvM more.

Fix this by letting players switch their damage types without switching weapons. Since they don't want to fix off-damage type weapons in the first place, give us new ammo.

And for everyone – stop the nerf calls it is getting so old! Can we promote ideas like the above instead of asking to nerf everything in the game until it all does 1 pt damage?

Re: Reflection do need balance

Originally posted by Blanch
    They are rather over powering and nice for those had chance get them before drop was nerfed.

AH-HA!! I knew they drop on those must have been nerfed. I started doing solo missions again because some tokens and new reflect bracers would be nice, but i havent found one yet. I know they still drop, cause someone i know scored one the other night, but they obviously dont drop as much as they used to.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

At QL 140 they still drop in solo missions, quite frequently, I might add. I picked up a few physics and melee bracers last week.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

check those bracers to make sure they are reflection and not shielding

ive gotten 3 shielding since 14.1 but NO reflection (and im up to almost 2700 tokens now)

And at the level of mobs i am fighting i desperately need soem new melee reflection bracers (only using 1 q 100ish and against veterans and real mean enforcers it doesn't do much)

also where are you doing these missions. by which i mean what playfield (ie Broken shores, Avalon, etc)

I've gotten both reflection and shielding. the highest I've found in these missions are 13%. I have a 10 melee shielding, 13% melee reflect and 13% physics reflect. I didn't do very many missions, either. Q130 missions in Clon****, although there are so many greys that I get a token only about 50-60% of the time, so I will be moving to missions of my own QL in BS, most likely

If my PC was operational, I'd show you 'em.... but it's not right now
    Last edited by Arinia; May 14th, 2002 at 23:01:50.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Got a 19% Energy Reflect waiting for later, and a few others around 15% of different kinds. Got bags of the damn things from QL30 upwards, although they do seem to be a rarer drop these days.

These things seem to come and go with each patch in much the same way as Yalmaha's and Gunship's did all those days ago.

Before you know it, you'll have bracers coming out of your ears.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Reflection bracers still drop....i got 1 TL 6 Melee,energy,2 element and a nano bracer all TL 6 and all reflection all in this patch.

and to the people who screaming for reflect to get nerfed..are the same people who have UVC all the time and alpha/insta kill people when they fight....they are screaming for nerf reflect cause now thier method of fighting got nerfed....ohh well screw you all...i vote for reflect to stay.Now i stand a chance against soldiers and enforcers and traders
    Make Notum saturated metaplast armor comon like the rest of the uber boss loot you guys at FC screwed up. Resta - Ace OT Spy

Disclaimer: Need anything talk in Vicinity...I ignore /tells.

Originally posted by Resta
    Reflection bracers still drop....i got 1 TL 6 Melee,energy,2 element and a nano bracer all TL 6 and all reflection all in this patch.

and to the people who screaming for reflect to get nerfed..are the same people who have UVC all the time and alpha/insta kill people when they fight....they are screaming for nerf reflect cause now thier method of fighting got nerfed....ohh well screw you all...i vote for reflect to stay.Now i stand a chance against soldiers and enforcers and traders

Hehe, I don't want them to be nerfed. I want to be able to have 72% while tanking mobs, thank you.

If they *are* nerfed it just becomes an imbalence.. there's a major difference between 30% reflect (soldier shield) and 72% reflect.

/me shrugs

Did I ever say anything about a nerf? No, I was simply stating the facts, and you decide. (mmm.. Foxnews modo. )
    ~Chris

Actually it isn't 72% reflect because they don't all roll in one whack. The reflect sheild rolls, then one braccer, then the other braccer.

So you got a 100 dmg hit is reduced by 30% which would be 30 making it 70

Then you got a 70 dmg hit reduced by 21% of 70 which is 14.7 making it 55.3.

Then you got 55.3 reduced by 21% from the second braccer which is 11.613 making the amount of damage you take 43.678.

Meaning you really only got a 56.313% reflect sheild i recon.

shoobie doobie doo, oh the wonders of math.

By the way, since everyone can actually use both the braccers and the reflect sheild they are pretty balanced. Really the only thing they do is draw fights out so the only advantage would be to people with high first aid skill since a doc will be doing 56% less damage to you than he would if neither of you had a reflect sheild and they can already heal till OON unless your alpha strike or crits kill them right away. It isn't like the old LLTS versus the new crap one. Where new players have nearly zero chance at getting the same crit chance as those who have the old LLTS already.

They deffinately still dropping, picked up 4 title lvl 6 reflects from BS and Avalon missions, and 2 title lvl 5. All in last 3 days or so.

Tbh I don't really need them anymore as I have 2 of most types for both title 5 and 6.
    Xiderpunk - 173 Martial Artist
    Xidder - 147 Crat

Apocalypse

Originally posted by Lumbarin
    Actually it isn't 72% reflect because they don't all roll in one whack. The reflect sheild rolls, then one braccer, then the other braccer.

So you got a 100 dmg hit is reduced by 30% which would be 30 making it 70

Then you got a 70 dmg hit reduced by 21% of 70 which is 14.7 making it 55.3.

Then you got 55.3 reduced by 21% from the second braccer which is 11.613 making the amount of damage you take 43.678.

Meaning you really only got a 56.313% reflect sheild i recon.

shoobie doobie doo, oh the wonders of math.

By the way, since everyone can actually use both the braccers and the reflect sheild they are pretty balanced. Really the only thing they do is draw fights out so the only advantage would be to people with high first aid skill since a doc will be doing 56% less damage to you than he would if neither of you had a reflect sheild and they can already heal till OON unless your alpha strike or crits kill them right away. It isn't like the old LLTS versus the new crap one. Where new players have nearly zero chance at getting the same crit chance as those who have the old LLTS already.
    All the bracers reflect 'together'. The game adds up all the reflect values together, at least as far as my testing goes. (I had a soldier get 100% reflect against my ithaca with 2 16 and 13% bracers)
    ~Chris
    ~Chris

Ya, they all add up. That math example isnt correct.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.