Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rubi-Ka 2 Events

Just allow pple to go to server 1 if they want to participate in events.. like u said in when they game was released that this would be possible but obviously up to this point that was just another funcom lie.

Re: Rubi-Ka 2 Events

Originally posted by Fadinaway
    Hi Everyone,

Lately there has been a lot of talk about events on Rubi-Ka 2.

One hurdle seems to be event interest. There is obviously a group that is very dedicated to getting events to Rubi-Ka 2, but on the flip side we have many that seem to detest events. They detest them to the point of disrupting events in a very negative way. "This sucks! Leave Rubi-Ka 2, we don't want events!”, etc.

1. As part of Rubi-Ka 2, do you want us to get rid of events and just let there be event mayhem without GM events?
    I think these parts sum up most of what makes people want events as far away as possible.

Mayhem? please give us some none mayhem events to make us become apart of RK. As it is event equal to mass slaughter of players in one way or another, and that is pretty booring.
    The only funny events I have seen have been player events so far, like a few parties and similar social gatherings (somewhat ruined because of the lagg problem when you get a large group together unfortunately).
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Event Suggestion

I'd like to see the ability to disable/diminish the suppression gas generators of a city. This way it becomes more than just a guard attack.

When this happens, the people in the city have to decide whether to make a stand or flee. This would introduce a true pillaging element to the game. As is, there isn't much drama in a few peeps offing guards in a political or mayhem zone. At worst, it is just an annoying ganker festival.

This could be a GM initiated event where "saboteurs have disrupted the supression gas generators" or it would be even more uber if it could be a player initiated event.

Make a static dungeon or mob the target to activate the supression failure. Surround it with guards to make it more or less difficult to achieve--that way, there can still be some safe areas for people to hang in, but there is always the chance that a large group could overwhelm the city...

That could be an event in itself, defend the gas supressor so the city can stay safe.

As long as it's not something that a loser ganker can do by itself or in a small party, I think that it would add to the tension. A lot more people would have skin in the game if their lives were disrupted and you could postulate much more reason and interest in attacks and reprisals.

Make the effect of limited duration and with a slow respawn so people won't risk getting trapped in a bad situation (like MMD), but then you actually would feel like you were going to rescue your affiliates.

"A situation where we are unable to get people participating in events is just as frustrating for the GMs as it is for the players that are not finding the events."

Except the players are PAYING for the frustration, where the GMs are paid to be frustrated. So I can't imagine how you can be so brave as to compare like that.

*scratches her head*

Right now I find myself thinking about if I should leave RK2 for RK1 due to the lack of events. Now I find this thread and what do I read: Some ( many ? ) RK2 players seem to have little to no interrest in events and even disturb them ?
    *sigh.. thank you for making my decision even harder lol.

Actually the only "events" I have seen on RK2 was a horde of clanners (miserably) trying to attack Omni HQ and getting whiped out within the second. Thats not even close to what I have in mind of events *smirk.

To go RK1 or not to go - is still the question *SIGH
    Hope Ocura Heals
    Healmonkey for Dark Front - Rimor
    Give us /target <name> please !!!

[Frankt]: I'll be any animal you want me to be.. just let me hump your leg !

Exclamation RK 2 Events, or lack thereof

Ok i've been curious about this topic for some time. This thread has shed a little light on the current situation, so now i'd like to add my two cents.

First let me say i've always played on RK2, and so far I have witnessed and was able to take part in a total of one event. I have been playing AO on and off since beta.

To me this is just completely unacceptable, and quite honestly I have no idea what the confusion here is. If you are in fact having players literally harassing Funcom staff about holding events on the server (which I find IMPOSSIBLE to believe), my suggestion would be to tell them to go to another zone.

No offense to any particular individual representative of Funcom here, but this sounds like a line of B.S. at first glance. In fact, personally I construe "people are complaining about us holding events on RK2" as in fact, a weak substitution for the truth "Funcom is unwilling and/or unable to hire adequate staff to provide events on all servers".

Yes I am assuming, and yes people might actually be complaining... but frankly I find it hard to believe. At least in that you would have such an overwhelming number of people complaining so as to ruin an event.

If someone doesn't like it they don't have to participate, but not including events simply because of some complainers is ludicrous. I will go out on a limb here to say that most folks who purchase the game (that know what the nature of a MMPOG is) are *expecting* events to be held.

This should be regardless of what server you are playing on.

And one last issue you may want to work on is the way these event coordinators are making themselves known. If they are in fact part of an official quest or event then it should be very easy for a person to recognize this at a glance.

An event coordinator sitting around waiting for someone to take interest for 30 minutes straight? It would seem that the person is either not convincing enough, and/or does not give the player the impression that it is a sanctioned event. I honestly wouldn't know though, since i've only once seen an event unfold in my entire AO experience.

Anyway, enough with the lame excuses Funcom... I for one would like to get what I pay for. Just keep in mind many people buy and play MMPOGs for this specific reason.

People has complained about the type of event (GM slaughtering players), not that we don´t want event. We want event, and a lot of them, but not the kind Funcom appear to want to place in the game so far.

Events is not just ubermobs running amok in the streats of a city, like a city mission set at 100%. An event could be things like a demonstrtion or rally for or against something. It could be a riot in the street with guards trying to put it down, or important people with guards meeting in a city. A holiday with nice music and celebration, or any other thing that could happen in a society.

Try to fix the crash and lag when we get more then 10 people though, otherwise it realy don´t matter (OK 10 might not be a problem, but I think you know what I mean).
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

I have taken my time and thought it over, after talking to a lot of players, I figured out the following: YES they do want events .. MANY of them.. NO they dont want to have lvl400robots or ARKs to spawn and whipe them all out. Events should have content and intellect stimulation above the thrill of watering a plant.

I guess we just have to give RK2 a bit more time..RK1 is almost ancient compared to RK2.
    Hope Ocura Heals
    Healmonkey for Dark Front - Rimor
    Give us /target <name> please !!!

[Frankt]: I'll be any animal you want me to be.. just let me hump your leg !

Events

Just for reference when was the last GM lead event on RK2? I can't recall ever hearing of one.

There should be some kind of general notice for people to know about them. Put them on the unused Voice of Freedom channel and equivalents or something. Hey, just contact me about an event and I'll spread the news. I'd love to do some story impacting event, it would be something different for a change.

Events on RK2.
    I've been playing this game for about 7 months now, and i havent really seen many events or anything. A friend of mine at work got me into this game (drbizzaro, RK2), and i was told that RK1 was laggfest number 1, while RK2 had a lot fewer people but low lag. So i started my chars on RK2, and ive stayed there all this time, ive got 8/9 (1 level 11 on RK1 just to see how populated it is....) of my chars here and all my friends/guild/guildies here. In these 7 months ive seen 3-4 "events" i think: 2 of these was the Dust brigade raiding tir, 1 was a lot of small brontos invading Newland city (wow...) and the 1 year anniversary ( and the "party" was a major let down, waited probably 30-50 mins in borealis to just get it started, and it ended in stret west 10 mins later.....). Now do i want Events on RK2, abosolutely yes. But should they be of the kind that you have to stop what you're doing... no. But the biggest problem with events is the storyline, this isnt (as far as i can tell) running on RK2 (or rk1....), and such events would be the most interesting. Things like an alien aircraft had crashed in a area disturbing the wildlife/changing/warping them, aliens attacking citys, meteors changing a small area and releasing spores with some sort of alien virus that changes mobs etc. Just some of my immediate ideas.

BTW: This is my 50th post, do i get a new title now????
    Magnuz (Resident of RK2)

Macruz - Fixer & my main
    Magnuz - Doc
    Miezyroth - Trader
    Magnutz - Enforcer
    Maggotz - Agent
    Roybjarne - NT
    Katsuichi - MP
    Kreatorz - Engy

Lightbulb

There was a protest against the lack of Events on RK2 in andromeda last week on sunday. We'll, if it can be called a protest. Alot of people gathered there, myself included of course There was alot of talking and discussing, and finally we got an Ark to come around. Thanks! You know who you are.

There were discussions with the Ark, and although there were a few disturbing elements(always are, I wish those people would just shut up and go away). We were told, that there were more people in training, and promised more events in the future.

I do not have the log of the chat, nor did I take any screenshots. Not sure if anyone posted them somewhere.

Thanks to all of you who participated.

A follow-up chat/meeting will be held sunday this week, not sure on the time, but I'll check it up. Same place(ICC, Andromeda).

More info here http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hlight=protest soon
    Last edited by Joramon; Aug 5th, 2002 at 13:09:53.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------

We did have an event on the weekend, 2 "omni" (ark types) showed up in the happy rebel .. they where green to me .. and well died rather quickly ..I left becauser I had been waiting for 30min as is for what .. 2 omni ppl to show up and get creamed faster than I can say hi ..? what I was told was they showed up agian about 10min later .. some ppl tried talking to them .. but they died to fast .. that was the last we heard of the event.. hmm not sure what that was supposed to accomplish :/ but wow nice event.
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

events should have some type of purpose....

if there was actually an ingame story line that players could effect, it would be nice. however, there is no story line...certainly not ingame.

i've heard of only a few events on RK2...most of them just fighting in a place for some reason. i heard of some funcom types mass killing tons of people, which doesn't sound too fun.

it seems like the idea of events on RK2 is just as disorganized, uncoordinated, and pointless as the storyline itself (or lack thereof).

the original poster stated something to the effect that people on RK2 said they don't want events....well, i'm sure that's only a fraction of the story. we want events...we just don't want pointless ones. we want ones that effect the balance of power between the clanners and omni. a battle over a nuetral city that will have a real impact on the game would be nice.

it could all start 3 weeks in advance with a clan rally, where plans are made for an attack. the next week omnis could gather to prepare for an upcoming battle. the next week a couple static areas could open up offering mobs with special items that particpants could use for the upcoming battle. all culminating in a battle itself that would turn a nuetral city into either a clan or omni city.

but no...it seems imagination is lacking, or effort is lacking...which is typical of funcom.

Please please please please please bring events to RK2!!

One of the only things that keeps me playing is the faint hope of someday possibly seeing, maybe even participating in, the unfolding of the story ingame.

I've played my enf up to lvl 95 so far, and I really dont have the will to level up another char on RK1 from scratch just so that I can participate in events like five months from now when Im lvl 100.

Yes, joy! Bring events to RK2!

Not that I would be able to participate in any since I'm in a far ahead timezone ( GMT+10, yes ) so... unless you hold em on weekends, when I can log on in peak hour, I'll be missin' 'em.

But, really, events are for everyone, share the fun.

Yes, we certainly need events here on RK2.

I havent been playing long but we need something done otherwise whats the point of playing on RK2?

Sure, move to RK1, if you have broadband that is.

*sniffs* only got 56k conn *sniff*

Events? Where?

I've only been playing AO for about a month now. I decided to make my character on RK2 because I heard RK1 was rather crowded. I've found RK2 a decent place to learn the mechanics of the game (Lvl 50ish Fixer! Woo!) and have joined a guild that is pretty good at helping you learn the mechanics and ins-and-outs of the game.

The other day on my guild channel I asked, "Hey what about the 'big' orgs like Omnipol, R&D, etc etc. Are they around here?" The depressing answer was that they seem to all be on RK1. At least in terms of players able to become members.

So far my overall RP has been social commentary and interaction with some of my friends in public areas. I've yet to encounter some larger RP or sponsered RP. Cruised the clubs in Ent to see if people were even social-rp'ing. Ghost-town empty save for the NPCs dancing all by themselves.

In my wandering I found that big ship crashed outside of OmniEnt, just before Omni Forest, thought it was possibly an event setup since there were omni bodies lying in the forest beyond. But its been tehre for weeks now as far as I can tell. And now its no big deal.

I'd like to feel part of the system and the story, and feel like I'm not just surrounded by a bunch of people only interested in shooting and looting. I'd also like to be involved in rp that deals with more than just my guildmates or friends I've made online. I'd like to be able to walk into a zone and know most of the people there, strangers and all, are in a rp-mood or IC. As it is, its too hard to tell, and doesn't always seem welcomed.

Maybe the first step towards sponsored events is to set up RP-'enforced' zones. Granted you cant have everyone monitored, but set up places where everyone knows, if you choose to enter the place, consider yourself In-Character. Heck Borealis seems friendly and out of the way enough, neutral ground, pretty open.

As I mentioned, I want to feel part of the story, maybe my character isn't in a position to influence events (yet) but I'd like to feel he's at least somehow affected by the articles and updates the website/connect screen shows.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345