Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rubi-Ka 2 Events

Did they had a pop up window when creating their char warning them that this server was a "No GM land" ?

No they didn't, because if they did I would have definitely picked RK1. My highest character on RK2 is level 65. If there are going to be no GM events on RK2, a lot of people are going to want to move characters to RK1 which I know is probably impossible, but it will anger people and they will want to move to the server with all the action.

Smile Events on Dim 2

1. Please, we need events on Dim 2. There is a storyline going on between Omni, the Clans and Neutrals. We knew that going in. It is the reason to play. Without the events and the storyline the game would become "level the character."

2. A solution to who participates? We need the "Voice of Freedom" for the clans, and its equal for Omni. That is how I knew when an event occured on Dim. 1. On Dim 1 it is easy to see happenings. Omnious messages of troop movements, and attacks are announced giving you the OPTION of joining in or just running around your character for the next level.

I am a member of the guild "Sea of Change." We are dedicated to getting GM events, the "Voice of Freedom", and the storyline more emphasis on Dim. 2. I am quite pleased to know someone hears and is interested in our opinon. Thank you.

Scottee

Lightbulb

Hey everyone, again.

Ready for a classic Fadinaway novel?

Ok, the basic answer to the first question is the obvious answer I would get in the Role-Playing and Story sections. Yes, you want events. Believe me, I want them too.

There are many remarks about how to deal with the event spoilers, but probably the best possible answer was “Ignore them.” This would be up to the players as well as the events team. The main issue is to make sure everyone is having fun, and spoilers are ruining it for you, as much as us teleporting them out is ruining it for them. So, we can ignore them and hope they go away like a nice roach, or give them a couple warnings and then teleport them to a nice safe shop somewhere and hope they shop away their troubles, or we could RP them to death. ;p Again, some of that is up to the players.

Getting Players Involved.
    Barring any mechanic changes, as this cannot be a guarantee, we can say the best way would be announcing or having news in game before or during events. This can limit which kind of events can happen. There are some events that should be announced, mainly community events (Fight Clubs, Leet Fights, Dance Parties, etc), but some that really shouldn’t. Clues are always a good idea, but most of the events are built up and that leaves clues as to what may be happening. For instance, the Cyborg events were a series of events leading to a series of results. (Cyborg attacks, Cyborg buildups, Cyborgs looking for body parts, etc) You really have to be on the look out and have people in guilds communicate what is happening. The clues are there, but like any clue they have to be found or communicated.

Player events and GM assistance
    I have noted suggestions of how GMs can assist in player events. Most of these involve the GMs role-playing a part or, in some cases, spawning monsters.

The first step in addressing this is to talk about what GMs can do vs. Players and how they can both benefit events.

GM ‘Event’ Powers
    1. GMs can teleport people.
    2. GMs can spawn items and monsters.
    3. GMs can create and populate dungeons.
    4. GMs can use special effects (buffing effects, etc).
    5. GMs can use all public chat channels.
    6. GMs can create or become various characters.

Player ‘Event’ Powers
    1. Players can network with 1000’s of other players
    2. Players can lead guilds
    3. Players can communicate with guilds and guild leaders.
    4. Players can use public chat channels / guild channels.
    5. Players can create various characters
    6. Players can role-play.
    7. Players know what they want to accomplish in their own events.

GM Abilities seem to be best suited for the more world dynamic events creation, dungeon creation, monster attacks, etc.

Player Abilities seem to be best suited for the role-playing, networking, atmosphere, guild conflict type events.

Does this mean GMs shouldn’t assist in player events? No, but it does mean GM abilities should be used in a way that best exploits the abilities. It also means the player opportunities are endless in a conflict game. You can’t blow up buildings, but you can continuously build and create conflict.

If a GM were to come into the game as an NPC and play the ‘informant’, that would be great. But, wouldn’t it be even better to convince another player to be your informant? Or, for the sake of guild, build a character and make him your role-playing informant? This is a role that could be just as easily played by a player as it could be by a GM, and it would actually add to the atmosphere for one more player.

A GM could easily come in to create the “nemesis guild”, but wouldn’t it be better to actually have a “nemesis guild”? It is much easier for a guild leader to contact another guild leader and set up this role-played conflict than it is to rely on GMs to create emotionless NPCs to act as a nemesis. Imagine the possibilities if only the guild leaders knew it was just a scenario created by them. And, imagine how much fun it would create for even more players.

Now, both of these examples are easily created by GMs, but you are taking abilities and scenarios that can easily be done by players and asking the GMs to do them, therefore removing the GMs ability to create events that can’t be done by players. (Creating and populating Dungeons, Monster Attacks, Stories etc.) I am not saying we can come in and make a dungeon for a specific guild, but I am saying that making dungeons or other dynamic abilities could be a more effective use of the resource when the other events you mentioned are much more effective when player driven.

Xenomorph – Hi.

There was also mention of getting news up on the site related to events and Rubi-Ka 2. Any player is able to submit news, but it may not all get on the site. You can submit news at the following link: http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...le/rubikanews/
    Please feel free to send something.
    I am also going to get some more information on the Rubi-Ka Times and Voice of Freedom channels for Rubi-Ka 2. Unless there is a really good explanation, they should be there.

So, to end this long post; we will not stop events, we just need to find a way to improve the delivery. The events are happening, a lot of it comes down to communication. How we can better communicate events to you, and how you can better communicate events to each other? My first step is getting information on the channels, and making sure they are used by the Events Team once they are in place.

The problem is with player events is, that we cannot have a dynamic effect on the world around us without the support of a GM and funcom. we can communicate with other guilds, create a raiding party on omni trade and kill the guards. we can set up PvP matches.. but the player events tend to fall flat because their outcome does nothing, it does not effect the world around us or shift power in different directions. there is nothing to control, nothing to gain when we go out on our own without the GMs and when we do then the GMs do not recognise it and join in. meaning player events often fall flat and there are too many that go unnoticed because they are not the type of thing that is meant to be published in the news, but behind the scenes

what we tend to do instead is get in touch with funcom and show them that the opportunity is there for them to create or start an event in a certain area or with a certain group of people. meaning, a GM can initate it and the players play it out in which ever way best suits their roles, the outcome effecting the world around them and shifting power of focus in some direction. Plots and subplots need not take away focus from the main story line, but can enhance it with minor guild or organisation focus.

I think it is alot easier for a GM to give something an initial bump, a thread, a reason, a motivation to do something and watch the players play it out. than for the players to think up a reason and try to get support.
    we tend not to think up reasons... because we cannot effect anything... which is what we want and so we have no motivation as it has no support.

it feels like, funcom are waiting for us to do something, and we are waiting for them to do something, because they have the power to control aspects that we do not. like in any roleplaying game. a GM/DM does not just set a scene of a village and let the players go shopping and killing orcs.. he may introduce some intruige into the village that allow the players to investigate. instead of forcing the players make up their own intrigue

there are many of us who have set ourselves up into positions where it is just begging for a story. I know i am not the only one part of such a group, i can bet there are many guilds out there that role play and have set themselves up and are just waiting for funcom to come to them and drop a seed of motivation.
    We have made it clear to funcom that we are here and waiting, that we have exhausted what we can do without help... and now we feel ignored. I am not just talking about my own situation here, I imagine there are many people out there. If there are some out there that have done this and been listened to and have had a story delevop around them then please let me know. as then I will have hope and will continue to contact funcom and try to explain our position.

but I still feel ignored.
    as I have said, we have over 220 players ready and waiting

What I don't understand is why they can get things going on RK1 but they say griefers and such prevent them from doing this on RK2. Do they not have griefers on RK1? I want to know what is so different about doing things on our server.

Please keep the events going

The main difference between AO and many other MMORPG's on the market is your story line. It is vague enough to leave room for the plot to move where it needs but confing enough to keep the plot in motion. If I just wanted to PvP with no care about RP or story I would play UO. If I wanted to hack and slash my way through a game and get nowhere for my efforts I'd play EQ.

The events tend to add a bit more of that suspension of disbelief we all want from our various modes of entertainment. They do not always have to effect the story line but they can always work into the story somewhere. Even the most minor of events can work. i.e. a recent "party thrown by Project Revenant that invited both Omni and Clanners in an attempt at peace. Yeah it was basically a way for people to meet and get ot know one another before we started blasting each other's faces off, but promoted as a peace gathering added to the story.

Those who don't wish to RP are always going to be there. Boot them, ask them to leave, insta kill them, they will return. What they want is a reaction. For some reason there are people who feel good about themselves by making others miserable. It is a declaration of control and dominance. "I can control your emotions therefor I am better than you." Neanderthalic? Yep and that's why I ignore them. They can't bother me if I put them on the ignore list.

Ok this got very long. Mainly I wanted to express my vote to keep events going on RK-2. Work with other guilds, run your own, whatever works best. But keep them going our you will lose your story. Thank you for your time.

Lt Dylan Goliday
    Medical Services
    Division 3: Omni Reclaimation

Angry

NOOOOOOOOOOO WAY MAN

WE NEED MORE EVENTS ON RUBI 2

I have not made a character of lvl 65 for nothing , i have never pvped before and wont allot of it helll pvp all year round kill killkill

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

soooooo please lets make rubi 2 more eventfull @!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jalu

I've been over and over this discussion for weeks, but I am fed up with it, so I will chime in only this:

Sod the MENTION of a role-play only server. I'll be damned if I'm going to be kicked off onto an isolated server, or out of cities (it has happened) because I want to role play in a role playing game.

Well, OK, maybe I'll add something else.

As someone who put a lot of time and effort into organizing small and large multi-guild events (jsut stating where I'm coming from), the biggest challenge was complete silence from FunCom. No one to ask about advice on making the plots comply, no GM/ARKs to show up and help out a bit (that wasn't really the hard part, though having some non-NPC guards would have been neat at some points), no response from any of the long term organizations ingame... the only reaction seems to be submitting a news item on the online form and hoping that whatever arbitrary method that decides what gets posted picks yours.

I mean, look at April 18th. It was the largest gathering of players acting in the storyline since the game launched. I estimated 200-300 people at the Tir gathering, minimum, and then 100s taking part in sporadic combat across Rubi-Ka, organized and unorganized. From the buzz I heard going around the channels, this was WAR, it had STARTED, and all hell was breaking loose. The followup?

Nothing.

Kirrana and I had our point-counterpoint articles posted on FC's site. Did the CoT or Omni-Tek respond at all to hundreds of their citizens/employees fighting? Nope. The only GM I saw that day appeared and turned off the guards at Tir West Gate so they would stop attacking the Omnis, as Radiman promised.

I spent a lot of time talking with Kirrana and others about the 18th and what was to come of it... eventually, we began to realise that it was nothing.

So, if you want my opinion (I assume you do, if you've read this far), the biggest problem with player events is that it feels like playing with dolls, not living in a dynamic world with constant conflict and strife.

As far as FC events go... well, most of the events the players hear about are "Giant [insert mob] Attacks [insert city]" or "Two ARK Chars Talk To Each Other", though more varied events have been appearing recently.

Additioanlly, there are the little things in the background: Like, say, Tir is having some restructuting, including a bridge going up. So why the bloody hell aren't there a dozen Worker droids and CoT Engineers wandering around that area? When the Omni-Ent building got bombed, I went to visit it, expecting to see some major work being done - the area roped off, droids digging through the rubble. It is little things like that that are missing from daily life. If players are ganking guards for no reason, one would presume that the guards wouldn't just stand there and take it, without radioing for backup.

I dunno, I'm a stickler for detail and dynamic actions. A lot of this would be difficult to do with available manpower and mantime (Hey, I volunteer. The only thing I'm doing in AO now is buffing people +80 in the medical clinic I hijacked, after I retired to a private practice). But when something happens in the game world, it needs a buildup and response/conclusion. I mean, Radiman and Ross don't need to attend to everything, but don't they have employees to handle the daily operations? Have press meetings? Release comments? Investigate activities?

Wow, so much for the only saying that one thing.
    Last edited by Zagadka; May 15th, 2002 at 11:58:25.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Re: Rubi-Ka 2 Events

Originally posted by Fadinaway

1. As part of Rubi-Ka 2, do you want us to get rid of events and just let there be event mayhem without GM events?

2. What do you see as being a solution to creating more interest to the 'masses' in events?
    1. To get rid of events you would have to start organizing them someday. Hard to get rid of something that never happened.
    Unless you count the lag gatherings as events, in this case, by all means, get rid of them.

2. I don't care about events. Give us permanent in game content instead which is severely lacking at high level.
    Fix the game first.

Fadinaway:

Check every other post I've ever made. Never a rant, just attempts to provide help and assistance to other players. But your excuse-laden, PR-laced post has inspired me. I don't believe FC has any intention on changing things, this is just an attempt to retain customers on RK-2. What follows is why I believe the way I do.

Players' suggestions about events are unwelcome

At one time in the distant past, I recall seeing a post stating that suggested events could be sent to events@anarchy-online.com. This address does not exist on the mailserver. In addition, the feedback form does not contain a category for events. "General feedback" is so broad that the culling process pretty much guarantees that many suggestions will not reach your team (you have an "events team," yet you can't get your own category on a feedback form????). Finally, Cosmik, Cz, and dai-Galean (sp?) have made their e-mail addresses available via these boards. You have not.

No difference between RK-1 and RK-2

Your post somehow suggests that there is something wrong with RK-2, and RK-1 is much more responsive to events. This is absurd and insulting to the customers playing on RK-2.

Removal of the news channel

Back in November, there was a clan chat channel called the Voice of Freedom. While I was on hiatus, it magically disappeared from the chat channels available to me. This was the perfect way to give the hints about events to a large number of customers. Cryptic comments over unofficial channels are likely to be ignored and also spawn hoaxes by players.

No attempt to address problems players bring up

Almost every description of an event by customers includes the word lag or the phrase "my guild." Your team needs to start thinking outside the box to make sure that events do not only involve a small group of players or a massive number of players in one location.

A simple, off-the-top-of-my-head, example follows:
    Over the "Voice of Freedom" channel ---- "Clansmen, an omni assault team has stolen seven works of art from the Council of Truth building. The assault team has been eliminated, but they did not have the art on them. We belive they have hidden it somewhere in clan territories. If you come across any of these pieces of art, you are urged to return them to the Council of Tir Building in Tir." The events team spawns up seven statues of "Buffy in Repose" and places them randomly in the landscape. They are coded so they don't disappear, and hopefully players come across them and return them to the CoT building. A nice little reward is given, maybe the equivalent to the yellow jersey of the Tour de France. You give all customers an opportunity to participate (though only a few "win," yet you have spread them out so there is no lag. And the demands for GM/ARK participation are minimal. Obviously this is similar to some events run by guilds where their leader goes missing (I assume the point of those is to find the leader who is hanging out hiding, but maybe it's just an ego thing, I don't know).
    Txxx
    Clan Fixer
    Rubi-Ka 2

I've been on RK2 for a couple months now and I've never seen an event go down. I imagine that some have taken place, but I've never seen one, which is just as bad as not having any. The solution seems simple to me, just create an ARK/GM chat channel and announce events as they are happening. I imagine that the 'Voice of Freedom' was something like this, but we have no such resource now. I'm pretty picky about my chat channels, so unless i'm active on it, i generally turn it off. But, if I had something that was for events only, I'd watch that damn thing like a hawk. Anyhow, I signed on to this game because it had a great storyline and enormous potential. I've been very dissapointed on the FC end of things, but I've found that the players take up a lot of the slack where you all left off ;p (btw nice post Garamond . . .)

As to Raz's comments, this may be arising from my lack of experience with other MMORPGs, but I'd really like to see a RP server. It would get rid of people showing up at events and causing trouble. It would give us a guaranteed community of people interested in RP. Ideally if you started one, we'd have the chance to port existing characters over, but even if I had to reroll, I'd be there. If I'm missing out on the full complexity of what's happening, feel free to inform me, but it's something I'd like to see.

Finally, I'd like to address the problems with player run events. I'm a member of two guilds who make it their entire purpose to run player events and create our own storylines, Sea of Change and Desperados. The main problems we always face is the limitations of what a player can do. Yeah, if you can find someone you can have events with npcs and opposing guilds, but after you've rerolled your tenthousandth npc so your guildmates can enjoy your event, you really wish there were a better system. If you're not going to make ARKs available for suggestions in some way, at least give us a way of finding other rpers to run these things proper-like. Anyhow this is turning into a ramble, so i'll cut it short and say that player events are crucial to the rp experience here and we'd like a little more support from FC.

p.s. if you do need a NPC, send a tell to Thessaliad or Preach in-game and we'll see what we can do for ya
    Caduceus 207 Doctor of the Bratpack
    Matahari 147 Agent
    Lyra 156 Crat
    Testlive

er, I'd like to amend my statements. I disagree with Raz about the RP server issue, but she has my whole-hearted agreement and support with respect to the rest of her post . . .
    Caduceus 207 Doctor of the Bratpack
    Matahari 147 Agent
    Lyra 156 Crat
    Testlive

Originally posted by Intra
    there has been a large group of us (now 222 and counting) trying to get noticed by the events team.
    email after email, petitioning GMs to our meetings etc.
    222? wow! this sounds like a great rescource that you could tap into here.....

hint, hint.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Fadinay, you should check this thread on The Dojo's forum, it's the log of of meeting of some omni guild leaders and RP players that happened yesterday on RK2: http://pub51.ezboard.com/fthedojo293...picID=10.topic

You should try to contact them in game and see what you can do with them, they are very interested in starting something.

Events!

I'm all for events on RK2, I too am a member of Vox Populi and Project Revenant, and I sorely miss the few events I attended on RK1. Players can only do so much, it's time to get more GM-led events going on RK2!

Re: Rubi-Ka 2 Events

Originally posted by Fadinaway
    ...We cannot force people to role-play, although if I had it my way I would smack them with the role-playing hammer during an event...
    Thank god for my nullity sphere! HAHA!!!

FADINAWAY!

Fadin, Question for you.

Is is possible to make a GM create a "Dungeons/mission" where there is 2 entrances?

I would like someday the following:

Omni: "Hi Division 3. Omni-Tek need you to reclaim a disk of information stolen by a Clan spy. This spy tried to escape throught the sewer of Omni-1. We know that he didn't made it alive but we don't know by what mean. Please, seek and bring back this disk and if possible clean the sewer system of its unwelcome inhabitants".

At the same time, in Tir:

Tir: "Hello Clan Vox Populi. We have a secret job for you. We have been trying to find information to incriminate Omni-Tek on the bombardment of Omni earlier this year. Our Spy did found same very valuable information but, during his escape from Omni, throught the sewer system, he got lost. We lost contact with our agent. Please, find him and rescue him if possible. If it is already too late, please bring the disk back. Be carefull, it may contain some non-Omni forces, we never know. Take care..."

Then a GM created a "Team Mission" with SOME monsters, a Spy death body with a big nasty near that death spy". 2 entrances, 1 similar goal. The first that take the disk outside is the winner side.

Put some rules: "A team of 6 between level 40 and 60 should be sufficiant for this task." or "We can teleport you there but just one time each. The Grid seams to be unstable at that location and more gridding would maybe corrupt some datas. No one want to see this." or "Here is the keys to the entrance of the sewer. Those are special and cannot be duplicated". Don't say there will be another side implicated in that "mission". The surprise would be ...man! ..."What de F%*! are they doing here?".

Off course, make sure the 2 sides did scan before the mission so no great lost for anyone.

The winner team would get credits for their work, be it XP, an item, credits, a badge... each. The other side would still get something, for participation. Something lesser then the winner side. All this could take 1-2 hours.

Think about it. This could be the REASON to stay in AO for many people. And, it seems quite simple to do.

Alternative of this technic: 1 on 1 (For people in OR outside of a guild); you can include the neutral! Woot!; Liberate/kill an important member of a side!; crashed airplane with special supply in it, everyone want the secret weapon!; I'm sure you can think of more.

All that based on 1 vs 1 party, require 2 entrances or "Grid access" within the same mission/Quest/dungeon/sewer/cave.

Ok, long enough, please think about it and maybe... advise!

Lt. Suel
    Division 3: Omni Reclamation
    www.projectrevenant.com

We are recruiting! Give it a peek!
    Last edited by Suel; May 17th, 2002 at 00:28:53.

I've been playing for 6 months now on RK2 ... Not once have I encountered an event. I can not rightly give my opinion on whether they are worth it or not because I have not had a chance to experience one. Would I like to? Most definately! I figured that RK2 did not have events, period. Consequently, after just my short stay here I've already grown burnt out of AO because there is nothing for me to do but hunt forever in BS missions. I would like very much to be involved with some sort of event on RK2, as that would provide a more compelling reason for me to log in and take interest in AO rather than missions.

What I would like to suggest is that perhaps an entire playfield be adapted to a RP only zone... RK2 is full of ideal places for that, outposts and cities where few people ever wander... Perhaps turn it into a fairground of sorts, and have a special event team of ARKs/GMs that works more closely with us patrons to organize guild events and things of that likeness. Other RP events, such as the ones that typically happen, could still play out elsewhere in the land of Rubi-Ka. You could do some really cool things with an area such as that... You could even get a little crazy, maybe develop some sort of chessboard like design on the ground and hold a sort of battlechess type match between teams of pet classes... Or just sort of fairground booths where different guilds can man for recruiting fairs ... Anything! Granted these are just ideas off the top of my head, and I know the logistics of organizing something like that chess game would be a reall pain in the ass, but the point is that there is a great deal that can be done, and it doesn't have to be done entirely by FunCom ... Just give RP groups the means and assistment that they need to do some of their own events...

-Vijaya
    143 Agent: RK2

Unhappy Looking for a quick fix?

Hehe, i step away from AO for about a day and look what happens First to your questions Fadinaway, then i'll get to my rant. . .

1) Why would anyone want to do away with GM run events on RK2? More importantly, why would it even be thought of by the FC higher-ups? It seems i remember a 4-year story line being promised with this game. Am i to now believe that the citizens of RK2 are now supposed to provide this story ourselves? How in the world are we supposed to feel that we are contributing to the overall AO story arch if FC is not giving RK2 to story-based events that drive it? I see this as a non-issue. A ton of ppl play on RK2 because of the better playing environment, and almost everyone i talk to about this issue says RK2 is a much more friendly place (and I agree, having played since release). Don't tell me you were actually considering dismissing this entire community?

2) Hmm, how to make events better? Well, i'm going to go out on a limb here and say "don't change much" as far as GM events are concerned. My case-in-point is the Clon**** attack this past tuesday. As far as i'm concerned, it went smoothly, and had just the right amount of GM involvement - the general news broadcast of the attack in Trade and later at Clon**** itself, and then the arrival of the OT spokesperson arriving at the scene and discussing things with those that participated. This small, story based event went just fine in my book.

Now, as to how to improve the event response from players, i have a few suggestions:

a) hold events in both GMT and EST time periods (euro and US evenings if that is more concise). I know a great number of my guildmates complain that they do not even get a chance to participate in events b/c they have all been held in US evenings. Does FC not even know that a majority of players on RK2 are NOT in the US?

b)griefers - well, have a successful enough event and there are going to be some. except lately i have not really noticed any per se. most likely you will have ppl asking "what is going on" etc., but they certainly should not be punished for ignorance. If someone is directly trying to disrupt an event, by all means port them somewhere - you have the power.

c)continuity - the storyline is just that - a line. we should feel with a progression of events that we are actually part of the larger purpose. how do we achieve this? one possible way is for FC to take note of those orgs that are participating in events frequently and give them some feedback/warning. Example - another attack on Clon**** notum cannons - transmit the message across trade yes, so that all may be involved. but in addition also contact leaders/involved members of orgs that have served OT, etc. in the past and ask for their assisstance directly. i hope FC is keeping track of things such as this when they run events, but if not - start now.

Now for a couple closing comments. It is funny that this issue hits the boards now. Infact, there has been quite a bit of irony lately. A group of Omni org leaders held a meeting about perhaps having to run events ourselves Tuesday when the Clon**** event broke out (see Danae's post further up for the link to the log). The Clon**** event reinforced to me how much i would love for FC to get more directly invloved in the storyline. At the same time, we would also like to have more help when we organize our own events. I feel anything that is planned either OT or Clan global or even just plain global, that has plenty of preparation time and asks for ARK/GM assisstance in a practical way should receive it. Call it reparations for the promised content not yet realized I think this is the least FC can do to help keep players happy (and paying for your product ).

Hi Everyone,

A shorter response to hopefully help everyone understand what this was about.

1. The event team has lately been yelled and screamed at by some players while doing events on Rubi-Ka 2 because they didn’t want events on the server. They felt that the events interfered with their regular game play.

We assumed these players represented a vocal minority, but the only way to check it out was to ask the players on the message board. If there was a clear response that players still would like us to run events on dimension 2, that would give the GMs support to continue to do events. If somebody complained, the GMs could just point to this thread. On the other hand, if people really didn’t want Events, we could use our resources elsewhere.

And, the forum responses say……… YES. : )

2. We have run identical events on Rubi-Ka 1 and 2. We have cases where we can get 80 people on Rubi-Ka 1 in half the time it takes to get 20 people on Rubi-Ka 2, using the same communication resources and channels. This week we have run a couple story cycle events with 10 – 20 participants on Rubi-Ka 2 that would normally attract upwards of 50 – 80 players on Rubi-Ka 1 participating on a daily basis. Since people that would like to participate in Events don’t find them, we obviously have to do something. A situation where we are unable to get people participating in events is just as frustrating for the GMs as it is for the players that are not finding the events. It is especially frustrating for the GMs when they later read that there are never any events on dimension 2.

That is the reason we asked if you had any suggestions we could use to get more people participating in the events, and help us spread information when events are happening to get a larger event base. In the long run this means more people will get the chance to participate in events.

The discussion has also turned to other subjects related to this, we will read and listen to these comments, but I hope you also will reply to the original questions.

I know Funcom will sometimes have the ‘bad habit’ of asking the players opinion. Some players always will interpret this as being stupid and think we don’t know what we are doing. Nevertheless, I will continue to ask questions and continue to find the gems of wisdom that are hidden in the feedback we receive.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast