Thread: How am I supposed to get a full set of armour equal in QL to my level before...

Chasing your QL tail???

...the XP gained from the missions makes me increase in level?

The problem being that by the time I have enough cash from doing missions to afford this new armour, the amount of XP earned levels me a few times. Thus I need to buy higher QL armour, meaning I need to get more cash on mission...which means I usually end up leveling a few times again...and then I go back to the start again.

Solutions I see to this are:

1) Choose missions at 0% - 30% difficulty, so I only get mostly greys, and very little XP.
    Negative aspect means I have to run more missions than otherwise. Which is not much fun.

2) "Blitz" missions.
    Negative aspect; some professions can not do this very well. Persoannly I end up with hundreds of mobs chasing me...which usually means I end up dead. (Doing something wrong here perhaps?)

3) /Terminate after every other mission so that I lose the XP. (See my other thread) Negative aspect; none that really bother me. But some people may consider this "cheating"

4) "Overequiping", so I do loads, and loads of missions. Level away like mad. Finally have enough money to buy equip 20 - 30 levels above me...so that I don't have to worry about it for a while. Negative aspects; none that I have personally. But see the many, many threads on this.

Now I don't think any of these "solutions" are particually good. And I don't think the game was designed with these ideas in mind. (Except possibly for overequiping. But please lets not let this thread develop into another arguement or discussion about that)

But also I don't think, at least I hope, that the game wasn't designed with people forever chasing equipment their own level without any success in mind.

So...what are your views on this? Is it a problem for you or not really? Does it depend on how many hours you put into the game? If it is an issue for you, how do you deal with it?
    Last edited by Hiero; Nov 30th, 2001 at 16:14:01.

Blitz blitz blitz. Thats all you can do. (all I can do any way.) I try to take on a few in a 50% mission but even if I get by the first wave of mobs I run into a caster that hits me with "Deprive Skills Major" and its all over.

Go out heal up.. set to def. head back in and run like hell. Have died many times because I would get rooted but... would only loose 2 xp from the 2 grey mobs I WAS able to kill.

I think I am going to try camping the booth for 60-70% missions and try to find arrmor. Its that or team hunt. I am already to close to my gear lvl for that tho. My gun is 1 ql under my lvl now.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

OR get armor as mission rewards,

You must be relatively low level meaning that buying armor is not a good idea, you grow out of it too fast.

Just wait til you are higher level and the dings get farther and farther and farther appart, then you wont have this problem and will be fine for armor. (90% of my armor I get in missions)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule
    OR get armor as mission rewards,

You must be relatively low level meaning that buying armor is not a good idea, you grow out of it too fast.

Just wait til you are higher level and the dings get farther and farther and farther appart, then you wont have this problem and will be fine for armor. (90% of my armor I get in missions)
    Okay thanks for the tip. So at only level 41 you would say that it's not really worth my while wasting time worring too much about armour and such?

Well...

Do missions that give armor as the reward. That is what I do.

My lvl 53 Adventurer has bought very few pieces of armor, and even fewer nanos, since I do missions that has what I need as a reward.

I will admit, I sometimes mission term camp for 15 minutes to get what I am looking for, but to me that is better than trying to save the money because armor in the stores is very expensive.

The thing I pay for the most is weapon upgrades. Have found a few Riders as mission rewards, but have bought most of them.

Skara

Originally posted by Hiero

Okay thanks for the tip. So at only level 41 you would say that it's not really worth my while wasting time worring too much about armour and such?

well body, head, and pants do the most ac for your buck. The only armor I buy is gloves (rare as a mission reward) and they are cheap.

Just get missions for armor

if your leveling fast at 41 (easy to do) then DONT waste cash on a piece of armor that will literally be junk in a week.

I think when I was 70 I actually bough me some body armor cause it was a MAJOR upgrade (30Q if I remember right). I rarely buy armor.. no need to.

It DOES depend on the type of armor you wear though, some comes in missions more often than others, but with the new chests having reasonable loot, you should be able to equip new armor every mission

thanks for that funcom

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule

Just get missions for armor

...with the new chests having reasonable loot, you should be able to equip new armor every mission

thanks for that funcom
    yes...thats an option BUT.. if I take a mission at 50% or better (witch they have to be to get arrmor higher than my lvl) I cant take out a good portion of the mobs.. cant open a chest in a fight (blitzing the mission). So the arrmor would have to be the mission reward and not in a chest.
    Last edited by ZenBeck; Nov 30th, 2001 at 19:51:50.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

What is your class? I often team up with people to do missions, we just pass the chests around alpha style (need to trust the people, that is all).

I can do 112's at 102 no problem, but for me to get good armor I need to do 125-135 missions, and though I can *sometimes* do them, it is easier (and a lot more fun) with a couple of friends.

dont forget to bring a fixer with his b&e buff
    (yet another reason I like fixers)

ROFLOL

I have a 59 Solder. Had IP problems early on but was not going to reroll him because he got beat by the nerf stick. (duel wield ) There are lots of times I can only log about an hour or so of game time so I need to be able to solo. I am saving up for some new implants but I will have to pay to have them assembled. Yet another problem. Im in need of a now Nova Flow now too(the only soldier weapon really). Saw one on the shopping chl but bidding was starting at 300k ...to rich for me.

...bla bla bla...I hate complaining about MY issues when the game has many of its own. I could just go the route of many others and solve all my issues with one trip to Ebay. I'd just stop playing first tho I think.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01