Thread: THE !REASON! for the mission accept bug

THE !REASON! for the mission accept bug

Attnetion. *eherm* =)

My research results:

Whenever u delete a mission, without zoning, the deleted mission remains as a phantom or ghost mission. Since FC has decided to do something about the "after-mission-cleanup" to "speed up the servers", this is what has happened:

The Server's still think deleted missions exist, thus making new "accepted" missions invalid.

Many poeple accept missions for "save keeping" in-case they find a "better" mission later. and when they do they delete that backup mission, and try searching on the mission terms again, JUSt to find out that they have wasted their money and time.

So that's the reason:
    After-mission cleanup code interferes with mission deletion.

Immidiate fix for this bug (attention players!):
    Zone after u have deleted a mission, then zone back in.

Zat iz Awl foar 2-De!
    (That is all for today!)

- Natelie
    Bug-Bustah

P.S. U doubt the validity of my claim? Try it out urself. =P
    Delete a mission whilst accepting another and u'll just keep failing, and failing and failing.....and failing... AND FAILING!!!!!

HAH. =)

That might be it... althou when you accept a mission second time round (after one has poofed already) it will accept, only one mission goes poof, the second one is accepted.

Maybe, one poofed mission, per deleted mission without zoning

Err don't think that's it, since this has happened to me on the first "mission get" of the day, having not been logged in or had a mission in something like 12 hours (at least). I don't do that "backup mission" thing anyhow.
    Testlive addict.

Hm.....

Still related to the after-mission clean-up i'm sure...

At the test servers they made alot of adjustements to the GUI.. like I.P. Menu GUI for IP Re-Alloc. THis caused Lock Picks to be un-buyable since the Terminals were bugged, due to the fact that shopping terms are considered a part of ur GUI.

I do not know if it has anything to do with the Mission term problem, but i'm sure it a GUI+Server problems.

(For those who never took IT lessons..a GUI is a "Graphic User Interface")

Unhappy

Ya, I've been having the same problems. Natelie, your explanation seems very reasonable, and I believe it could be the answer to our troubles, BUT I noticed that when I try to accept on mission, it will dissapear as ususal, but I get angered and try to get another, AND for some reason it accepts it and it shows up.

For these reasons I believe it may be a lag issue on funcoms servers......someone correct me if I am wrong.
    -=/| DJ KI |\=-

RK 1:
    + "Noir7"
    + "Supaiku"
    + "Lescayuna"

RK 2:
    All Retired
    + LvL 18 Agent "Rumjungle"
    + LvL 23 Enf. "Korung"

i been testing it further and it seems to happen for no reason:
    Sometimes i delete a mission then try to get a new one emidiatly after and i have no problems, other times i go to get the first mission and it eats it, it just seems random!

Actually, that was a good guess Natelie, but I don't think that's it. Here's my scenario from 1 week ago:

1. Got 3 missions, completed them all.
    2. Returned to Avalon to get missions.
    3. Picked through missions, only accepting those that I meant to keep (in other words, I don't do the "backup" think).
    4. Accepted 1 mission, accepted a 2nd, then a 3rd.
    5. Left to complete missions.

However, the bug affect me 5 times during picking those 3 missions... There were 5 missions I tried to accept at various points, and the server wouldn't let me accept them. :/ Oh well... It's weird, because sometimes it's really bad (had 12 total occurrences that night!!! :/ ) but tonight it didn't happen once for example.

[posting this again because the forum seems to be having some issues and it deleted the original... ]

Originally posted by Bronto_Cowboy
    Actually, that was a good guess Natelie, but I don't think that's it. Here's my scenario from 1 week ago:

1. Got 3 missions, completed them all.
    2. Returned to Avalon to get missions.
    3. Picked through missions, only accepting those that I meant to keep (in other words, I don't do the "backup" think).
    4. Accepted 1 mission, accepted a 2nd, then a 3rd.
    5. Left to complete missions.

However, the bug affect me 5 times during picking those 3 missions... There were 5 missions I tried to accept at various points, and the server wouldn't let me accept them. :/ Oh well... It's weird, because sometimes it's really bad (had 12 total occurrences that night!!! :/ ) but tonight it didn't happen once for example.
    Same thing here. I would either be coming back from completed missions to get more and this would strike, or I would be freshly logged in and freshly zoned and this would strike. I never delete missions, I either complete them or let them expire (because I'm going to bed or something).

Death of a thousand bugs...
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Missions

I discovered that I get more exp reward on 3rd mission in sertain setting (lrlllr). So I deleted one of the previouse missions and got a new 3rd and then deleted the last not 3rd and got a new mission. Now I had three missions that kind where all 3rd, atleast they all had 600k exp reward (on 1th mission I get 400k reward and 3rd i get 570k, im lvl 155 and missions in BS).

I created a new character yesterday, leveled her to 2 in the backyard then twinked her out a bit. Took her to Rome Blue to get missions.

1st pick I got fine
    2nd pick poofed, no mission
    3rd pick I got fine
    4th pick poofed, no mission
    5th pick i got fine

Perhaps the mission cleanup is affecting it, but with this character, it was not only the first missions of the day but also the first missions this character had ever gotten.

Angry Vanishing missions

I'm glad to have found a thread with the sort of probs I've been having.

Missions going poof? No rhyme or reason that I can see, whether returning for more after a session, or first thing when I log on. I click accept..........the game says lalalala.........

Now if I'm just doing missions for points/money in areas I can get to, fine. I can roll another. But when I've spent X amount of time camping, to get that item I really want.....and it turns up in a mission.........and I accept.......and it vanishes......

Well, go figure what my reaction is. Just buy some earplugs if you're anywhere near Avalon mission terminals.

This bug was /petitioned by a fellow Guild member back in March, and the response was "hmm, not heard of it, o well"

The more shouts the better....bleh, preaching to the converted here

Re: Vanishing missions

Originally posted by Big Sy
    This bug was /petitioned by a fellow Guild member back in March, and the response was "hmm, not heard of it, o well"
    Same goddamn response I got when I reported it a week after 14.0 came out. "Duh, it's not in my bug list, must be something wrong on your end. Bye, sucker!"
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Has anyone had this problem when they were not using ClickSaver? Just curious as to whether there could be a relationship.

Scorus

At the time I was using AOMD, and I also did some 'bare' mission requests for testing. It sitll happened when not using a mission reader.
    Hi.

Re: Re: Vanishing missions

Originally posted by LafinJack
    Same goddamn response I got when I reported it a week after 14.0 came out. "Duh, it's not in my bug list, must be something wrong on your end. Bye, sucker!"
    I got the same message from my petition, only that they would look into it on the test server. Doesnt seem like they did, since this was in April.

Gonna be a joy calming Ql200 missions in 14mill EXP with this bug still in the game. Good thing ClickSaver can be twinked to work ..

Who knows maybe theres a new version of ClickSaver already!

Hmm I had a similar problem in Rome Blue, where I got a mission in Rome Blue to Rome Blue, accept, look at the mission in my mission section, now it says Lush Fields. Very strange...
    Testlive addict.