Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do not change the trader team heals! *BUMP IT*

Originally posted by Dhurdahl

So instead demand to get that DoT time instead!
    If it's 10-20 it would still make teamheals usable!
    No, it wouldn't; and that would still make traders the least-effective healing class in game (I believe MA's team heals have a seven second recharge.)

Workable options would include having the duration of the dots be additive, increasing dot damage, removing the dot effect altogether and just zapping the trader for damage, etc. But any "lockup" effect at all, longer than five seconds at most, would drastically weaken the class to a level that would be utterly unacceptable except in comparison to the change as proposed.

bleh

why the hell are u making trader heals that slow?
    u already are gonna kill our damage...
    next ur gonna kill our heals...
    what are we gonna be useful for???
    u guys are doing a very poor job at thinking how to fix the classes.
    instead of nerfing traders down
    you guys should think about actually making other classes as good...
    im sick of everyone whining
    "Trader need to be nerfed, becoz they over power me in PvP"
    well i understand the drains are a bit outta hand...i wouldnt complain if it got toned down a lil bit in PvP
    but the heals are fine...
    the Doc heals are what needs to be fixed
    again flawed logic on FC's part

OMG *Gasp*
    I cant belive FC is this stupid.. ah well.. actually i can.

Wuushu - 172 soldier.

Bad Funcom BAD!!

I guess all there is needed to do is for us to bump this 400 times to get results.... seems thats all that is needed to make a game altering change. Makes you wonder what kind of a person is at the wheel.

Hope all the Docs that pissed and moaned in that thread have their weapons equiped cuase I for one am keeping tabs on who NOT to wrangle.
    Pinfall LVL 44 MP
    Statisfy lvl 86 Trader
    Pinard lvl 61 MA

Muetdhiver
    That's so sad ...

Originally posted by Pinfall
    Bad Funcom BAD!!

I guess all there is needed to do is for us to bump this 400 times to get results.... seems thats all that is needed to make a game altering change. Makes you wonder what kind of a person is at the wheel.

Hope all the Docs that pissed and moaned in that thread have their weapons equiped cuase I for one am keeping tabs on who NOT to wrangle.
    Pin it is not the docs on that size 400 (500 now) thread that have been shouting nerf traders. That have just been the whiners about so called trader uberness who have hijacked it to complain.

no matter who's to blame for FC's.... decision...

The fact is that they read a 400+ post thread about min-heals and docs being disattisfied with their profession, and dcided to do the one thing NO ONE wanted... weakening the heals of the trader profession.

That they were unaware ofthe 50% damage on trader DoTs is distressing... if they're going to call this a bug fix, they'd damn well better FIX THE BUGS instead of nerfing the heal

unfortunately, the original bump-thread drew attention not to the min-heal probem all healing professions face, but to the one profession who is not impacted by them, due to small-range heals

I can only hope that FC rethinks this fix, or gives us the EXACT details when 14.2 goes live, so that traders can avoid sinking ip into bio met.

Zyxlquith

Bump

Will probably cancel my account aswell if this gets implemented

Well 14.2 is in a week so after maybe a few weeks live patchnotes will start of 14.3, so there's still a lot of time.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

14.3 will be fixes for 14.2. 14.2 contains major profession changes, as well as a truly large change to the basic mechanics of the game (IPR). Given past experience, it's not out of the realm of believability to anticipate that the period, then, between 14.2 and 14.4 (already scheduled for two more major profession changes) will be a very long time, perhaps measured in months.

It doesn't seem highly likely that this change, should it be implemented at all, will take months to arrive.

Thumbs down

Well playing a Trader and my wife playing a Doc, we wholeheartedly disapprove of this "fix" to the trader heals. I remember my grandmother telling me "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" many times when I wanted to fix certain toys of mine. My fixes ended up destorying some very valuable items by today's standards.

I would really like for FC to take that saying to heart. If there is a problem with DoT of a trader team heal then by all means fix it but don't nerf the profession just because it is the easy way out.

I may not have been here since beta 1 or 12.6 but so far I have seen FC do more nerfing as compared to fixing. A nerf is not a fix so please don't confuse the two.

A nerf cripples an aspect of the game and quite frankly, if it is an extreme nerf, will cause FC to lose money. Is that what FC wants? I thought the idea was to get more players not lose them.

Just my 2 creds

Try Again

Originally posted by Dhurdahl
    So instead demand to get that DoT time instead!
    If it's 10-20 it would still make teamheals usable!
    Sorry, that's just not true. I play an MA and I can tell you that the 7 second recharge on my team heals (coupled with the already well known tendency for them to heal for min value) can easily get someone killed on my team. If I'm on a team that doesn't have a doc, I always make sure there is at least one other healer present (another MA, adventurer or trader).

If the DoT time is placed in the 10-20 second range, they might as well just remove those nano crystals, they will be useless.

Unas

bump for the love that some display

teamheal will be 15s but they are still looking into alternatives because they didnt knew it didnt stack nor did half dot dmg so just wait till they figured it out themselves.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Hrmm, that shows how out of touch FC is with the playerbase.

Any 3 year old could look at the nano description then the results when you cast it and tell you that it is bugged. If FC didn't know that, they are either totally out of touch, or they never even play their own game...

:/

/me is frightened to see what happens to MAs in 5 or 6 patches..

no change to traders

No change to traders. ( unless you want to make that DOT stack )

FIX DoC heal!!! DONT NERF OTHERS!
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Re: no change to traders

Originally posted by Turin
    No change to traders. ( unless you want to make that DOT stack )

FIX DoC heal!!! DONT NERF OTHERS!

sssh thats what my post no #1 said, you'll get flamed too

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by emACEme

Can't belive Cosmik played a part of this!
    You'd rather I kept quiet on this change and let you read about it in the patch notes one day? I don't make the design decisions. I am actively discussing this change with the designer and passing on the feedback here (and bumps too).
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cosmik

You'd rather I kept quiet on this change and let you read about it in the patch notes one day? I don't make the design decisions. I am actively discussing this change with the designer and passing on the feedback here (and bumps too).
    No, cosmik, thanks a lot for what you're doing here. It's a pretty thankless job and you get the short end of both sticks -- you have all the responsibility (in terms of paying for people's farkups) but you don't have enough real power to prevent farkups from happening. Thanks for your efforts.

Unhappy we all knew traders would be hit but

this is a tad harsh.

it might be wise to look how the traders are off AFTER the oe change before you do something this drastic.

as it stands now, shotguns and agent rifles for instance are pretty cool weapons if overequipped and crit buffed.

lets see, after 14.2 the agent will have the crit buff and the trader can buff into the weapon. both will be pretty short in duration and i reckon most of us would rather have the crit buff.

i doubt traders will have the time to stop and drain something to keep their gun from falling off while an enforcer mob beats on them, shotguns are not THAT impressive if you use one you get on with a general buff and do NOT have some crit buffs running.

a rhetorical question:

why does this company pay for merchandising at all?

as soon as the new players find their way to any sort of anarchy online forum and start to catch up to what they did, their enthusiasm decreases sharply.

you proclaimed some changes to the forum time to misplace them again i would say.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast