Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funcom please?? This Agent begs of you..

Agents new nerf...

Okay this subject may be a little old to all of you, but I just read it all and im going to talk about it... As dave said it's just as good as LMA..not even close LMA lasts for 55mins at 19% crit, as trueshot last for 16secs at 18% crit. Oooooh 1% wow, not that big of a deal but think about it 54mins and 44secs WITH a 2min recast time....WOW thats a big deal. I use an ithica snakemaster currently and without crit buffs i am basicly useless. i DEPEND on VS+ so if agents aren't getting a decent crit buff wtf am i supposed to do? This patch has really made me think about quitting. I won't be posting or reading this anymore problem cuz funcom can't get a decent staff to take care of their customers. They have to get free volunteers instead who don't now anything about the game (some do). Anyway i think that this shouldnt add 25 dmg just a normal crit buff that agents can use and should last 30mins, but of course what am i just one person so why the heck should FC care? Oh wait they don't, this nano will stay the way it is with out changes, and if it changes I will re-think this post and possibly give props to funcom for caring what the public thinks.

The requirements are insane. Requiring equally high skills in three different nano groups.

That makes it impossible to effectively implant for them. What they should have done is make one skill be very high, one average, and one low.. To account for how the implants work with nano skills.

By implanting to use these you will also have to give up any implants for every other nano line.

Resta, a level 196 agent, has already said that she can't cast the highest QL of our nanos -- Total Concentration. She also can't cast Ruse 3.

Re: lol

Originally posted by DaveDread

It's just like this; you're getting a similar crit chance at lvl 90 as a MA's at lvl 130. I say grats and enjoy, I can even say I'm jealous.
    At level 112 I can only cast the +15% crit chance. That is with maxed skill and implants tailored to use these new nanos.

The MA has been using Vulnerability seeker since around level 90-110.

Let's not even get into how theirs last 30 minutes and our's last 15 seconds (no one is going to be using the highest QL one that lasts 30 seconds).
    Last edited by Zeroshift; May 14th, 2002 at 05:53:20.

Originally posted by DaveDread

Well, the Soldier in question sure wont have 18% crit, will he? Wear up an Ithaca or a Flashpoint and you will most likely rival a Soldiers alpha. Add in the 100% crit, and the equation tips further in Agent favour.
    Don't make us get into why we can't use a flashpoint again. We have already addressed this.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; May 14th, 2002 at 05:51:51.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    The requirements are insane. Requiring equally high skills in three different nano groups.

That makes it impossible to effectively implant for them. What they should have done is make one skill be very high, one average, and one low.. To account for how the implants work with nano skills.

By implanting to use these you will also have to give up any implants for every other nano line.

Resta, a level 196 agent, has already said that she can't cast the highest QL of our nanos -- Total Concentration. She also can't cast Ruse 3.
    At 196 can't cast Ruse 3? What did she do to herself? I should be able to cast it in another 15 or so levels. And as far as the new crit nanos, most I could cast now, without having to go into FP for help.
    But then again, maybe it was a good idea to go the Nanomage route.....
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Lol DaveDread wanna trade UVC for true/sure shot? Nice change only beeing crit buffed 20sec out of every 2min instead of the nasty 60min duration on UVC aint it? Did I mention these 20sec buffs require same amount of NCU and cost just as much to cast as UVC? Useless while in FP because of nanocost penalty and useless in mimic because of nano skill penalty. Can be used in agent form tho but then again agent form is pretty useless in itself.

True/sure shot need the NCU and nano cost REDUCED and made INSTACAST while in FP, like concentration nanos. It is that SIMPLE!

Originally posted by Grupert

At 196 can't cast Ruse 3? What did she do to herself? I should be able to cast it in another 15 or so levels. And as far as the new crit nanos, most I could cast now, without having to go into FP for help.
    But then again, maybe it was a good idea to go the Nanomage route.....
    Then you gimped yourself out of the ability to cast higher mimics with your implant setup. I pick mimic over ruse 3 any day and will be able to cast any of those but not ruse 3 at lvl 200, because I use BM over MM implants.

Then again if I use mimic trader I can just cast ruse 3 just after mimic went out. After 14.2 I can cast it while in mimic trader. Anyways ruse 3 is bugged, makes you so small your runspeed sometimes drops to 0 many places outdoors and in grid.

hehe

Nothing like a good nights sleep 8P

Zero, are you sure that you will only be able to cast 15% crit nano? I remember lvl 100ish agents quite able to cast VS, and VS has 218 higher nano skill reqs? I dont have nanonanny here, perhaps the clusters conflict bad, but it seems a bit strange to me.

Anyways, nah, I dont wanna trade UVC for the Sureshot line. MA's do damage over time and having high crit% for a short time would lessen that damage output quite a bit. On the other hand, MA's dont have any crit dependant alphastrike capability (MA attack/dimach dont crit) unless we equip a flashpoint/ithaca. I understand quite well that it's tough for an agent to wield up a flashpoint/ithaca but it's a lot easier then for an MA, and quite a few MA's are doing that now.

I agree that Sureshot line should be instacast in FP though, you need some badass nano init to make it effective otherwise. On the other hand, I'd like to see an agent in agent form sometime... 8P
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Okay..

This is why it won't happen.

/me gets infuses.
    /me goes FP Trader.
    /me ransack/deprives.
    /me uses the extra skill to cast my instacast 30 min nano, 20-40 QL's higher than mine.

We, agents, would be too powerful with a lasting one, when we can cast agent buff while still in FP. That simple.

Also, whoever said roots were an advantage was wrong, simply
    because the nano cost of this has to be factored in. We cast this,
    we're gonna be sitting ducks. Especially in FP.

FC added a good crit nano, but no other nanos to balance us, which this alone does not. We still have crap HP's, with crap evades, with no means of recovering health, alone. No pet, no heal, no HOT, no nothing. We hit hard for a few seconds, and then wait to die. Period. We are NOT balanced, FC. Thanks for nothing. Too bad this is probably going to be our only "fix" for quite a while.

Originally posted by MSag

Then you gimped yourself out of the ability to cast higher mimics with your implant setup. I pick mimic over ruse 3 any day and will be able to cast any of those but not ruse 3 at lvl 200, because I use BM over MM implants.

Then again if I use mimic trader I can just cast ruse 3 just after mimic went out. After 14.2 I can cast it while in mimic trader. Anyways ruse 3 is bugged, makes you so small your runspeed sometimes drops to 0 many places outdoors and in grid.
    Are you talking about using just mimic? If so, no. Will have no problems using any mimic profession.

RK1

Are you talking about using just mimic? If so, no. Will have no problems using any mimic profession.
    Explain to me how you soon can cast ruse 3 and do that please.

Originally posted by MSag

Explain to me how you soon can cast ruse 3 and do that please.
    Don't know really, have not sat down to do the math, but those skills needed depend mostly on Intel/Psy, which are green to me. That helps alot over time.
    Like I said, being a Nanomage gives me the edge overall in the use of nanos. Was casting Ruse 2, UA, abit before the non NM's.
    Want me to take a wild guess? I'd say high 170's <shrug>

RK1

"We, agents, would be too powerful with a lasting one, when we can cast agent buff while still in FP. That simple."

Morthoseth, to powerfull to who? MoB's with 50000 hp's? Or pvp with it's 50% damage cap on regular damage and 40% on my one special? and don't lose sight of the fact that the OE changes are taking affect in this patch, so your crits wont be as high as before.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!!

[edit] Hey, and what about this...are we too powerfull now that we already have access to such long lasting crit buffs? NO! and they are getting taken away.
    Last edited by AgentGimpy; May 14th, 2002 at 22:22:14.

Don't know really, have not sat down to do the math, but those skills needed depend mostly on Intel/Psy, which are green to me. That helps alot over time.
    Like I said, being a Nanomage gives me the edge overall in the use of nanos. Was casting Ruse 2, UA, abit before the non NM's.
    Want me to take a wild guess? I'd say high 170's <shrug>
    You realize your skills cap from around 160 and all the way to 190? Yes you have a small edge on nanoskills but its only 32 higher int/psy which gives 8 points advantage in bio met and mat met at lvl 200. You have to use bright or shiny MM cluster to cast rune 3 even as nano at 200, in which case your bio met, but you also need BOTH bright and faded bio met for higher level mimics like crat. And bright BM conflict with bright MM. I think you have overlooked something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12