Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corona armor required to PvP?

Thumbs down Corona armor required to PvP?

I was in 2H0 today with about 6 other omni's, all of which were wearing Corona armor.

Do I stand no chance whatsoever with my obtru ribbed?

It's the latest fashion statement.

To PvP? Of course not. Does it give you an edge in PvP? Hell yeah. Go camp yourself a set today.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

No it doesnt give you an edge in PvP, right now anyways. Being all crits and specials, it doesnt do much as it just raise the crit and special amount of damage that can be done. Its good for PvM mainly.

next patch when not evey class or person will crit you as much, it will help, when they hit you for 45 or something ;p

The new grid armor looks good hmmmmmmmm

-New- grid armor? Did I miss something?

I beg to differ....

Originally posted by Aphrodite
    No it doesnt give you an edge in PvP, right now anyways. Being all crits and specials, it doesnt do much as it just raise the crit and special amount of damage that can be done. Its good for PvM mainly.
    The extra ncu`s give you room for more buffs. More buffs= an edge in pvp.

384 vs 441 ncu`s?
    Thats Life channeler, team hp, UVC, Essence, Gridspace freedom, all the shields and masteries you like.

The hp buffs alone give me an extra edge, since I use TMS shields the crits dont hit me as hard and I can use the extra time this grants me to either kill or escape my opponent.

I mentioned escape since it seems we are doing more and more "team pvp" in 2HO, and when you get 6 clanners gunning for you ...you better RUN!

hehe
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

lol that's the dumbest **** I've seen posted on this side of Nubi Ka. With my 11k hp buffed up for battle, I'd say your crits would max on me with or without MkII set. So hell yeah. It gives you an edge.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Well caol thanks for the insult, Syrah will remember that when you need a shield next time we go into battle next to each other, noob. The only thing more hp does for people other that enforcers is increase crit amounts and increase the 40% cap. More hp = more damage done to you. 1k hp doesnt do much in what you are talking about unles you are FULLY hp buffed. You are useing 1 profession as an example to all. Not all can buff their hp as much as an enf and being Zero is and agent I dont think what you are talking about has any credibility. On an agent all its going to do is increase the damage he takes. Maybe you should think about what your posting before you start insulting people.

As for the ncu I really didnt think about that. And yes that part would give you a distinct advantage, IF you are going around to everyone looking for buffs. Most of the time people people just get crit, speed and essense. Anad beartwo as i said again you are putting TMS in as a factor when the agent doesnt have it. Everyone is running around with it because its the new thing to have and now its even harder to get.

Abd like i said, It doesnt give an advantage RIGHT NOW while pvp is so reliant on crits. But yes in PVM it does give a big advantage. But hey, Im a noob as caol said. Dont listen to me. I have 6k hp unbuffed and ill tell you what. I take more damage now and my hp bar drops just as fast as it used to. When someone hits me with FA or AS now i take over 2k damage as opposed to the 1500 i used to. So you do the math.

I didn't call you a noob. But you called me a noob. And what does Syrah have to do with this? He your only friend left on Nubi Ka?
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

im as uber without that set as with it "lol" but no it seriously doesnt make a big difference except giving you some more hp.. and ncu's.... well.. not at higher lvls anyway
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Ahrodite = AO board name
    Syrah= In-game name

thats what syrah has to do with it

Man I thought we were tight, I thought we were buds, I thought we were pals, I thought we had a thing going. Im very disappointed. My feeling are hurt.

Dont you know when someone is trying to push people off something that shouldnt be had by all? j/k or am I?

Okay I'm sorry to say that's just scary.
    ~Chris

Ahrodite = AO board name
    Syrah= In-game name
    thats what syrah has to do with it
    Man I thought we were tight, I thought we were buds, I thought we were pals, I thought we had a thing going. Im very disappointed. My feeling are hurt.
    Looks like I riili messed up now. I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say. I just feel like **** now. Almost to the point were I want to jump off a cliff and get 996 fall dmg.

*runs to Syrah for a make up hug*
    Pfft!

*sniffles*

Wuushu - 172 soldier

Exclamation HP DOES MATTER

Everyone who says HP doesn't matter in PvP, even today it matters to anyone with enough.

These numbers are taken from antiguardians damage calc, using 1200 attack rating (yes, this is a worst-case scenario).

Krutt Q184 Max Crit: 5248 / 2624 PvP (2624 is 40% of 6560)
    Vektor Q180 Max Crit: 4792 / 2396 PvP (2396 is 40% of 5990)
    Ithaca Q199 Max Crit: 3712 / 1856 PvP (1856 is 40% of 4640)

This means that worst-case scenario -- a trader with 1200 attack rating carrying a Krutt special with UVC will never hit the 40% cap on anyone with more than 6560 HP.

So we are left with Full Auto and Aimed Shot as the only 2 ways to hit 40% on an enforcer (or anyone) with more than 6560 HP.

If I'm wrong here, please correct me. But I'm sticking to my assumption that HP = GOOD™.

Editorial:

When UVC is gone, mark my words, noone is going to be able to kill anyone. HP will matter much, much more. Zoning is going to be a whole new problem -- now, you just need to kill someone before they zone. Since it's going to be lots harder to kill people, EVERYONE will run to the zone and will actually make it Of course, if the 15% scopes make enough of a difference, noone will be able to kill anyone except those with scopes. But that remains to be seen
    Last edited by Arinia; May 13th, 2002 at 16:56:08.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Unhappy Yay if like nanoclass

Nano classes need the armor. Extra hp something really nice have considering almost all the nano class profession have really low hp require considerable amount more buffing than other profession where the extra ncu's space comes in handy.

*runs to Syrah for a make up hug*
    *hugs caol*
    *sniffles*

*Drinks heavily, goes to the backyard and slaughter's leets in mass, then terminates w/o saving just to get the love out of his system.*
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

An easy fix to prevent people from zoning is to make them loose twice the pvp points if they do it while under attack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast