Thread: Cursor lag

Cursor lag

This is connected with the problems Ive listed below in the latency problem.

Not sure if it is latency, but ive discovered otehr people who have been having the same problems

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?...start=29521483

But they are incorrectly guessing that it is a graphical problem related to the bit size of graphics.

As ive stated before, i get serious cursor lag in all city zones and most outside zones. I get severe cursor lag (cursor AND buttons take a long time to respond) after i complete a mission, inside a mission or outside (deliver type).

I run in windowed mode (could be root of problem) and have a voodoo 5 64 mb with a 533 amd-k6 using 320 meg.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Yes, I've been a bit of this lately. I'll be talking to the team about this to see what we can do.

For my information, do you experience this lag everywhere, or only in certain places?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

the people i know report a huge difference in cursor lag between windowed and full screen mode; with windowed having the huge cursor lag.

i am running a g4 4600, 128mb ram right now and still get cursor lag and UI sluggishness periodically. this problem has been getting worse with the recent connectivity issues.

i see the lag in misisons and cities. don't do outside hunting anymore since there is a sore lack in hunting grounds; i can't speak to cursor and UI lag in those places.

Yup, its windowed mode.

Everywhere too, city zones, outside zones, missions. In full screen I have NO problem. In windowed, its like moving the cursor through molasses. Very slow.

Its not 16 or 32 bit either, I havent tried full in 32 bit though, but in both 16 and 32 bit graphics (1024 700 something) i get the cursor lag in windowed mode.

Whoops, different computer: Recent model TNT2 32meg, 1.4 gig pentium, 256 ram. Cable connection
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Just tried it myself and my observations seem to follow your own. Thanks. I'll look into this.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

I've had the same issue also. Cursor lags everywhere, but really bad in really laggy areas (BS, Tir, Avalon, etc). I believe it's a graphics problem, because why would your internet connection have anything to do with where your cursor is on the screen?

Athlon 700, 512MB RAM, 32MB GeForce 2 GTS, Winodws XP. I upgraded to a GeForce 4400 a couple weeks ago, and while I haven't played AO much on it, I still noticed the same amount of cursor lag. I also don't notice any difference between windowed and fullscreen modes.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Odd fix?

I've been plagued with this identical problem. I found an oddball fix...but by no means a solution. If you have a mission in your mission list, simply right-click and load it up to your map (release the click on the middle mapgraph icon). BOOM! All mouse lag is gone. This sometimes works if you make add something to your knowledge base and load it the same way. The former works much better.

If I don't have a mission and a terminal is convenient, I pick one up and hold on to it...if I'm out hunting or whatever.

It works for me, I'll let the FC peeps run with this one.

AMD T-Bird 1.4GH
    750+ RAM
    Geforce 2

GAME CONTENT???

Question Why is it...

The cursor is AO software-controlled. Why not let the mouse move around under OS control the usual way? If for some reason the mouse does need to be under direct client control, well, heck, spawn an independent thread for it. I ought to be able to click on "map" or "options" or whatever regardless of whether the main window is lagging waiting for data from the server or waiting for graphics to trickle out of the database. But in fact when the network connection hangs the UI hangs as well. This is not a good design, IMO.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur