Thread: My Turf, Your Turf

My Turf, Your Turf

My Turf, Your Turf
    Jamior

(OTPC) -- People have heard the cries of both anguish and victory during the mighty battles within the arenas. Some involved in these battles are even able to walk away unharmed. But most have experienced the anguish caused when an honest duel is suddenly destroyed by a hidden spectator shooting and killing a combatant, and proceeding to flee before retaliation can occur.

Many have heard of the Arenas in Tir and Omni Entertainment. One is firmly entrenched in the Omni-1 Entertainment District, the other is hidden among the many buildings of Tir. One devoted to Omni, the other to Clan. Yet there is a darkness found common in both: an infestation, of members of the opposition hiding and waiting to strike when contestants are weakened. Contrary to popular belief, this infestation is well known and even sometimes welcomed by the citizens of the cities these arenas are located within. As Quickcuts, an applicant of Obsidian Order, stated "Do I like it? Not really, but as it says when you enter...this is mayhem.’’ However, Keahi, another applicant of Obsidian Order, would be interested in "A location where it would be possible to go for one-on-one duels." Most citizens would rather keep the Clans in the Omni Arena and visa versa. Little "Chromedioxid" Terrorzwerg, from Band Of Brothers, said "I love to kill clanners there. Hell, don’t change it...I like to fight clan in Ent arena and in Tir Arena."

When I visited the Tir arena, I found that almost everyone felt the same way about the Omni employees there. Snikibrat, from Black Dawn Syndicate, stated, "Well, I don’t really have a problem with them being here. I mean, whoever goes to the arena has to expect to fight." But when I mentioned the previously mentioned suggestion on an area for one-on-one duels, she exclaimed "Sure! That would be pretty neat.".

Omni citizens know of the Clans shadowing the Omni Entertainment arena and accept it. The Clan members also know of the Omni's presence at their arena. Both lack trust in one another, but both accept the inevitability of the others attendance in the arena, and both would like an area in which they can conduct duels without someone stepping in to kill a weakened fighter. If this shall come to pass is unknown, but all consider it acceptable to step into the arena and have a chance to kill.

put it in a nuetral city, I understand Borealis is a good place
    for illegal things
    the now morphing adventurer
    with the paired swords 8)

Coven of Hunters

It occurs to me that there is no reason why a second, lower level arena cannot be constructed beneath the current arenas in both Omni-1 and Tir. I suggest that there be a small building located just inside the entrance of each arena that would take you to this lower level. The trick, of course, is that the Omni-1 building would only admit omnis, while the Tir building would only admit clanners.

The building's door would lead to a "lower level" that looked very much like a mission building layout, except it would feature a few very large rooms off the entrance foyer, rather than a maze of small ones. There are some big hangars, labs, and central areas encountered within missions that would be ideal.

I don't have an especially good suggestion for neutrals, since there is no well-accepted neutral arena, per se. However, the non-functional subway entrance near the Newland whompas could be converted into an entrance (to an interior arena) for the neutrals with relatively little effort.

If you wanted to go "overboard," you could even install a team-mission-terminal kiosk beside the door that sold "one-on-one" keys to any two-person team that applied. The pair would get matching mission keys into their own special private 0% gas mission battlefield for a one-on-one battle. The trick is, the people would have to be automatically de-team.

((OOC - I suggested this idea because it "should" be easy to implement; i.e., a few external adjustments to the cities in question, the establishment of a new "fixed" mission area within each, and an absolutely alignment-check for those who want to enter. The one-on-one idea simply adds the concept of strongly typed keys that create an alternate "private" mission area for the duel.))

People killing people just for sport! I find the entire concept of the Arenas to be completely barbaric!

Hee hee hee! Who am I kidding???
    Last edited by Nevver; Mar 10th, 2004 at 00:18:01.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I think the town of Ahenus in 4 Holes should make thier arena useable for fighting. It might take longer to get to, but it won't be as crowded. It also wouldn't hurt the local economy.

Quote from Betji

"It occurs to me that there is no reason why a second, lower level arena cannot be constructed beneath the current arenas in both Omni-1 and Tir. I suggest that there be a small building located just inside the entrance of each arena that would take you to this lower level. The trick, of course, is that the Omni-1 building would only admit omnis, while the Tir building would only admit clanners.

The building's door would lead to a "lower level" that looked very much like a mission building layout, except it would feature a few very large rooms off the entrance foyer, rather than a maze of small ones. There are some big hangars, labs, and central areas encountered within missions that would be ideal"

This has been done! Remember Will to fight? eww talk about a waste of zone space.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Wow, someone remembered Will To Fight. I've seen people look at their map and wonder why someone wrote WTF in the middle of it
    If you let them f*** you
    There will be no foreplay,
    Rest assured, they'll screw you complete
    'Til your a** is blue and grey

-Incubus

Ikagawa: First MA to be dropped by a QB wielding NT. I hate you Fallenhex! Veteran, Opposing Force
    Arienne, Former Squad Commander of the Dominatrix Society of Tir, Atlantean
    Stretdoc, Rimor

WtF

But Will to Fight is lvl 70 and above...

it would be good it there were somwhere that was not lvl restricted. THat way clans could train their lower level members in the ways of PvP...

I tryed to run a few fight training workshops and it was imposible because of hostile interuptions. sonwhere private for 1 on 1 fighting for any lvl IS needed.

Borealis would be an ideal place for a 1 on 1 fighting arena.

I'll still stand by my view that the arenas originally designed for the training and testing of that city's citizens should not allow members of the opposing faction to step inside. Heck, I stand by my view that members of the opposing faction should not be allowed in the city. Those gate guards need to go to the arenas for more training.

I'd love to talk to the person responsible for training and employment of the Omni-1 guards.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

In Wine there is a small house that has 0% suppression gas...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Then there is the bar in Hope, the occupied mine outside Reets, a few spots out in the wilds...
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I was pretty sure all the houses in Wine had been changed to 25% after one of the patches. We used to use those houses for interguild duels until they nerfed it
    If you let them f*** you
    There will be no foreplay,
    Rest assured, they'll screw you complete
    'Til your a** is blue and grey

-Incubus

Ikagawa: First MA to be dropped by a QB wielding NT. I hate you Fallenhex! Veteran, Opposing Force
    Arienne, Former Squad Commander of the Dominatrix Society of Tir, Atlantean
    Stretdoc, Rimor

THe house is at 5% >< so good if ur bud isnt in a guild. The bar is a good spot especialy if ur in rk-2 its abandoned
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

I feel that what we need is an arena that accepts both clanners and omni, that both factions can have easy access to. Such an arena should have the possibility for both mass fights (like the current arenas) and one to one duels.

The only thing that bothers me about the existing arenas is that the interupters can stand safely in 75% and then just pop in and attack at will, and after that just run to the zone and be safe from retribution. If we made an arena where you could not just pop in and out at will, but rather if you entered and started a fight, you were forced to finish it for better or for worse, much of the problem would be solved.

I have been attacked by cowardly agents and NTs (mostly) when at 50% or less health trying do me in, probably in an attempt to get a much undeserved title. Most of the times they fail to do so, and what bothers me then is that I cant retribute, because they zone as soon as their attack is returned. I wouldnt mind interuptions so much if I were able to kill the interupters afterwards. Its the cowardly stepping out from safety, take a shot, then back in that bothers me the most.

I would love an arena where omnis and clanners can show up in force, and duke it out tower fight style. Man vs man, team vs team, or even guild vs guild. WTF is an laughing attempt at doing this. It must be a place where spectators can see the action and the opponents. It must be a place that is easy to get to, a popular place like Borealis, not in the middle of nowhere like WTF. It must be a place where outsiders cannot interfere without joining the battle, i.e. no zoning to safety. An it must be a big place, not a crammed excuse of a bar like the one in Hope.

Woot, Keahi is my hero ^_^

The ideal situation in my mind would be a place where people could survey from above the action... sort of like a colluseum. The only way out of the dualing grounds should be by a button, sort of like in missions... however if you are being attacked, you must finish before you can leave. Thus meaning cowards who take pot-shots and run for the gas if things go sour would be out of luck.

Perhaps take this idea a bit further, and only allow 2 people into an dualing ground at a time, but have it so there are numerous rooms to fight in. So for example you would walk into the zone where this would take place. It's a 100% zone and a long corridor. Appx every 30-40 meters is a door on one's left, and ones right. Inside these doors would be a seating area, with a pit in the middle, and a button sending you to the middle of the pit. In the pit you would have a 20x20 room of 0% gas with a button in two opposing corners returning one back to the survey room.

Extending the application of this zone even further, as you journey down the hall, rooms begin to allow for more and more people. So eventually there would be rooms allowing 4, then 8, then 16, then unlimmited #s. Call it the training ground if you will... a place where people could hone in on their fighting styles with a certain ammount of control on outside stimuli.

That's just my oppinion... I could be wrong
    Maximusl
    Death before dishonor...

Here's my take on PvP.

As a whole OO isn't as active in the PvP as some of the other guilds. We do have quite a few that enjoy going to tower battles and the arenas.

I personally don't care much for PvP and I am not good at it at all. Yes I have a couple alts specifically set-up for when our bases get attacked, but I rarely go into the arena due to a couple of things.

OO has had one PvP event and is trying to get another going. One problem is that we are very hindered in an area where we can go to be able to do Area of Effect nanos. We were doing team based PvP for fun with 150+ players. For awhile we had the arena to ourselves and could do as we please but few came in so out of courtesy our groups stopped using the Area of Effect nanos.

A guildy and I were in the arena late one night when I finally got spec 3 done and I just uploaded Biazu. We wanted to see what his damage was compared to the demons. Well first thing I cast my pet and have oh about 4 people taking whacks at my pet besides the person that I was dueling. Really kind of bothered me since they were oh about 20 or so levels higher (Alexis was about 185 at that point). And all of them are trying to start a duel with me, so I leave because that wasn't what I wanted to do.

I personally would like to have a place where you can either duel one person without interference or like our group event where we could cast anything without effecting others that were not involved.
    AlexisMarie (217 MP) "LFT plz" : Stuff
    Phelicia (190 Doc) : Stuff
    HaleyMarie (129 Eng)
    JadeMarie (115 MA)