Thread: Want to know all about Raids

Want to know all about Raids

I am kind of a newbie when it comes to raids, so I need to know when a raid is going down, how do I join raid once one is in process, and how do I bid my merch points for items.

Ps: If there is a website that explains all of this please leave link. Thank you!

Re: Want to know all about Raids

Originally posted by pistolgrip
    I am kind of a newbie when it comes to raids, so I need to know when a raid is going down, how do I join raid once one is in process, and how do I bid my merch points for items.

Ps: If there is a website that explains all of this please leave link. Thank you!
    ((psst... wrong forum. Rimor Buzz is for Role-Playing only.))

((Also, there've been a few threads that discussed the ins and outs of the RK2 raid system. I highly recommend that you use the search function on the forums to look for those threads as it seems like a complicated process...))

((Good luck.))
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

((Forum moderators: if you could warp this over to the Life on Rimor forum that would be great.))

((I just did a few searches on Raid guides, and I'm not finding the thread I'm looking for. I know someone wrote one for the Clan raids on RK2, if I recall correctly... If someone else could find that thread and post it again, it would be great.

As it is, I found:

Raidbot Questions

and

Guide to pulling Ian Warr and gang at Ace Camp... which might be more infor that you need at this point since I assume the new raiders aren't the ones doing the pulling... i dunno.

and

'bots

and

raidbots

oooh, and in that last thread is a link to Raid Bots a guide written by Engelen which was originally posted to the forums. I knew I had read a good guide someplace here.))
    Last edited by Jajangmyun; Mar 9th, 2004 at 01:18:40.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

Well that is what I needed to know. Thank you!

I am also a newbie about this forums. I normanly just blast away on Ao not trying to think out all of the complicated stuff, however when I went to a pvp match and got my ass kicked it made me want to learn how to do better in pvping, which I think raids will help me get the rare guns nanos etc to kick ass with.

Re: Well that is what I needed to know. Thank you!

Originally posted by pistolgrip
    I am also a newbie about this forums. I normanly just blast away on Ao not trying to think out all of the complicated stuff, however when I went to a pvp match and got my ass kicked it made me want to learn how to do better in pvping, which I think raids will help me get the rare guns nanos etc to kick ass with.
    ((AO rewards knowledge, luck, and time...

PvP requires all three of those. The ones who've been around for longer have a better (usually) grasp of the game mechanics and have passed that sort of stuff down into twinking their characters. It's not just the rare items that you need, but the knowledge of how to get the most out of your implants and equip the best stuff and so forth...

or so I assume. Still haven't tried to PvP yet except once while drunk, and I don't even remember it. :P ))

((I had my ass kicked in PvP while sober, and I remember it

Jajangmyun is partly right. PvP is one of this part of the game where what you *do* counts more than what you *have*. If you don't know your profession, no amount of phat lewt will ever allow you to win.

The first thing to do is to go in the Arena with a friend or two and to fight non-lethal fights, to get a feel. Then go to tower fights and get your ass kicked. The sad thing is that your ass will get kicked a lot before you can truely shine. Don't get discouraged. ))
    Concealment is bugged in PvM: hit sneak two times after you zone. Only then you will be able to sneak properly.

Moved to Life on Rimor