Thread: The Dust Brigade...

The Dust Brigade...

Hey, i've got a few questions about the clan faction "the dust brigade". Before i got AO i was reading up about this group in the story,then when i did get it, i was talking to some people who say they were in the group, and said that Their "Player Guild" "TDB" came before the stories group, and they said the reason the original group is no longer around is because a whiney group complained to FC of how they were supporting this group and no other.. and so FC made them break up... but i also heard that FC broke up the group because they were to "Extreme" could someone shed some light on this whole thing for me? i know it's not really important but it would be intresting to know what really happend... thanks.

No damned clue
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Okay, its simple.

At story start, there was released a story called "Black October" mentioning the death of 1466 OT soldiers. This attack was made by "The Dust Brigade" back in 29466/29468 or close too.

Then there was an animation, where a man in bio suit and hoods shout, "Ashs to Ashs, Dust to Dust" the slogan for the Dust Brigade.

And then the guild called the dust brigade stoole the name. Even if it was before the REAL dust brigade appeared ingame, then the therm "Dust Brigade" was still in the story long before the guild made it. FC told the players to rename them self, due to the problem with people believing that the player guild was related to the FC Faction.

What ever they claim, if they made their guild or not, then FC still have the rules and names on their side. There are still some that call themself for dust brigade, but believe me, they have nothing, zeor, njet, to do with the REAL Dust brigade.

And no, it was not jsut a "whiney" group that complained. I think that many people did, as these dudes where extream. Even more then Snarf (where ever he is)

This guild is still active on dim 2 i think. But FC have said, that these people will not be related to the storyline in their book. they have to do something like anyone else.

Now, think thats it, want the story related info on Dust brigade and Sons of Ashes?
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

One or two more things...

But did you know someone has reformed the DB on RK-1?.. i'm sure it's not the original team, but also who is Snarf?

Well, thats their problem as im sure Funcom will go slap them again.

Snarf? he is a weird dude. think he is related to the terror... emm.. clan guild "Storm" or something like that, he wacked me a time or 2.

And he was also part of the animated series. As part of a paper on radimans desk
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

So....

This Snarf guy, how did he become part of the animated show if he's a regular player,able to go out and wack people?

Snarf quit. He was popular, started a big guild, was active in PvP, whined a lot on these boards mostly toward valid points.

There was nothing for him and his like above lvl 150 to do. Many of the first really high level players raced there because they thought they would be able to change key points of the Story.

Like CptFallout who was kinda his arch nemesis, they realized that FunCom could not afford to pander to the uber-elite simply because they were high level or had a huge guild behind them. This was the main impetus behind Fallout leaving.

Snarf tried to play within FunCom's parameters but left soon anyway. He just got bored, I think. Sometimes a game is just too small for some people. I liked Snarf despite the differences in philosophy between what he professed and what I adhere to.

Snarf was leader of Shadows of Rubi-Ka, not Storm.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption