Thread: MA Spell Elusive Target cancels Sparrow Flight polymorph

MA Spell Elusive Target cancels Sparrow Flight polymorph

Doesn't make any sense, but it does. =P

Last night, an MA friend of mine was buffing everyone with Elusive Target (evade buff) before a long travel via Sparrow Flight... When we went to use Sparrow Flight, it wouldn't allow us because "a better nano program is alrady running."

As far as I can tell, this shouldn't happen. What's the deal?

-Jayde

The deal is that the higher skill requirement nano overwrites the lower skill requirement nano if they are in the same stacking line. It may suck, but that's how it works, maybe it will change in the future.

And the reet morphs are in the same stacking line as evade buffs and fixer runbuffs. I accidently cancel the +390 fixer buff all the time with Flurry of Feathers. Doh

Well, considering that polymorphs are rather unique, it doesn't seem like they should be *in* the same stacking line.

-Jayde

The stacking suggestion is likely what's happening. I'll bring this up with the designer to see if this should be the case, and what can be done about it.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

RED ALERT

Cosmik : *don't put the fixer runbuffs or the morphs in the same stacking line as the adventurer's Free Movement*

Heck, make 'em all stack

heh

Yah... perhaps even make some evade nanos stack? Tested every single one in the game, none stack at all. Is that how it's supposed to be?
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

having evade nanos stack might be a bit over the top..
    i mean..
    +78? from the fixer runbuff..
    +120 from the MA reduce inertia..
    +80 from the NT dark movement
    +110 from the trader quantum uncertanity.
    +60 from the mp anticipation of retaliation..
    adding all of those together gives you a whooping
    448 evades.. thats a bit much
    Even having just some stack might be slightly unbalancing.. Ohwell.. not that i'd mind too much though

dont forget that the ma's velocity nano cancels free movement (adventurer is 100 ma is 70)

And dont forget parrot form gives 170 evades

too bad you cant fight with it!!!

Hehe , I dunno... a 440ish evade buffing frenzy might actually make you dodge a bullet or two... 8P

Nah, but I do think some of them should stack, not all.

Take RI and AoR for a whooping 180 for example. That's not unreasonable if you look at the NCU count methinks. Atm, theres no way you can get evades up high enough to be useful in PvP or even in PvM unless you fight mobs way under your current level. I can dodge greens on max def, and I have 900ish evades. A yellow hits me every time.

But yeah, the stacking should be looked at in general. The QL of nano shouldn't take precedence over the effect.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.