Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Pol slaughters again!!

/me snickers
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I have sat back and watched the two of you go at it time and time again. Neither one of you will give any ground and neither will admit when you are wrong or mistaken.
    ((slipping OOC for this post))

Absolutely true, Tarryk and Meister are 100% antithesis, both hotheaded, and very much aggressive towards each other. I'd rather think of this as therapy for me. I love debates, and being able to stay in character and tear into someone without it affecting OOC circumstances is almost as fun as playing AO.

((scratch-scratch-scratch as I take out the rest of the retaliation that was in this post))

That's all that really needed to be said. The string is dead now, but only thanks to you. I like debating with Meister, and I like giving others the chance to read the debate.

Rule #1 of Browsing Forums

If a string looks like it won't be enjoyable to read, don't read it. If you do, don't complain. It was your choice.
    Last edited by Tarryk; May 16th, 2002 at 08:07:45.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Final Thoughts

The following Posting is to be considered Out of Character in its entirety.

Hmmm. Where to start.

1. Until the day that you, Tarryk, are made a Moderator of these Forums I will continue to Post when and where I choose. As well as on what topics I feel need my say. I apologize for the fact that some of what I say seems to rub certain people the wrong way. Telling them the truth about how they are acting tends to do that.

2. Until the day that you, Tarryk. can make a Posting without resorting to name-calling, Nazi references, and quotes from other postings to make your point, I will continue to call a kettle black.

3. Until the day that you, Tarryk, can take a side in this Conflict and stand by it (Omni-Bashing was not a side last time I checked), I will continue to Post about hypocricy. Living in a Neutral territory while a member of the Clans while stating more than once that the Council of Truth does not govern you is not picking a side. In my book, that is know as "straddling the fence."

4. Until the day that you, Tarryk, can learn that we in Omni are not the "goose-stepping, brainwashed Nazi's" that you have proclaimed us to be, I will continue to post our side of the Truth.

And lastly:

5. Until the day that I, Mymir, decide to leave Rubi-Ka, I will continue to call myself Omni-Tek and be proud of that fact despite the mud-slinging that certain people continue to apply to my company. And I will continue to speak out when I see my employer being muck-raked by those who do not have all of the facts.

And unlike others who are so easily led into a 7 post debate with someone who will never give an inch, this will be my last thoughts on this subject.

Another 2 credits hits the table.......
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

Mymir.. i see nothing wrong with 7 post debates.. or even longer ones. Even if its quite boring to debate with Tarryk, because he never gets down from wherever high he is, its better than doing nothing. Just like you, we have the rights to post here as much as we want and i see no reason to change that. I agree with you, that Tarryk steps over the borders sometimes and resorts to very unfair things aswell as totally OOC things which shouldnt happen to this degree (calling others Nazis is quite insulting, especially for me since i am German and our country had a really bad past with that crap). As Tarryk said, and thats probably the only time i will agree with him: If you dont like a thread, dont read it and dont post in it. If you still read or post in a thread that is full with our debates, then at least dont complain that we post. (Besides.. my posts have a point. I am trying to show Tarryk my point and give him the truth about the operations that he so falsely claims to be murder and robbery on the clans because he never has all info).
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Disclaimer: This post is my last in this string. I will not be so much as reading it anymore, because I already know what the responses will be. What follows is informative, but it is also a blatant defense-and-retaliation maneuver. For that I apologize, but I'm only fighting fire with fire. I won't be interacting with either player involved in this string again, if I can help it (as said for the second and hopefully last time), unless they approach me with storyline content.

((Entire post OOC))

Honestly, I think you're both more than a little confused about the meaning of OOC and IC. Allow me to reiterate for the billionth time:

When I'm IC: Tarryk is a hothead. He is opinionated. He is high on his own opinions, and getting him to back down is near impossible.

When I'm OOC: I really could care less. I already know full well that Meister's intentions have been noble by his own standing. The reference to Nazis was not mine, it was TARRYK's. Do you guys really not have any line between IC and OOC at all?

Example, from Mymir's "COMPLETELY OOC" post:

Until the day that you, Tarryk, can learn that we in Omni are not the "goose-stepping, brainwashed Nazi's" that you have proclaimed us to be, I will continue to post our side of the Truth.
    I don't believe that for a second, and I never HAVE believed that. I don't even CARE. It's a video game. No-one's being a nazi, and there IS no "sides" or "truth". It's Make-Believe. Role-Playing. Im-ag-i-na-tion. Get it? The only people being OOC hypocrites are the two of you, and especially Mymir. You claim to make OOC statements, then you talk about my IC comments as though they were personal attacks. You're talking IC there. I think Omni-Pol rocks, personally, and I hope that they maintain power on Rubi-Ka. Again, TARRYK DOES NOT. (and I should mention that Tarryk has never ONCE bashed Omni-Tek in character, only Omni-POL. He is a firm supporter of Omni-Tek as a corporation)

So could the two of you please grow a brain and realize that TARRYK, when IN CHARACTER, is that way, and you're free to hate him. He will personally attack other characters _IC_.

I, my OOC real-life self, is quite content in not doing so. Alas, again, you guys drop OOC and start flaming me for the way Tarryk behaves, and here I am backing him up again.

And again, for the billionth time, I could give two #*($'s what you guys think about the Truth on Rubi-Ka, or about Omni-Tek. Tarryk, however, loves the debate, and I love to play him as such.

And again, since I obviously haven't been driving the point home, I had nothing against you two OOC. That's just the way Tarryk is IC, and I've already made this disclaimer so many times that it's killing me just to make it again, only to be ignored as Mymir continues the blatant hypocracy.

Until the day that you, Tarryk, are made a Moderator of these Forums I will continue to Post when and where I choose. As well as on what topics I feel need my say. I apologize for the fact that some of what I say seems to rub certain people the wrong way. Telling them the truth about how they are acting tends to do that.
    Okay, well allow me to use that in response to your first little interjection in this string. You had said:

Call this a rant. Call it a flame. Call it what you want.
    But just call it quits between the two of you.
    Until the day that you, Mymir, are made a Moderator of these Forums I will continue to Post when and where I choose. As well as on what topics I feel need my say. I apologize for the fact that some of what I say seems to rub certain people the wrong way. Telling them what MY CHARACTER SEES AS THE TRUTH about how they are acting tends to do that.

Now, if we're done with the hypocritical OOC bashings, I'll--

--scratch that, I'm done with it whether or not you are. You guys (esp. Mymir) obviously have absolutely no line drawn between reality and Rubi-Ka, which is made more obvious every time you supposedly post "OOC" and then ramble about how proud you are of your faction.

I am not proud of my faction. There IS no faction. I am not thrilled with my views. I do not have a "belief" about Omni-Tek, the Clans, or any of that nonsense.

I HAVE FUN PLAYING A CHARACTER WHO DOES HAVE THOSE VIEWS.

That is the definition of a role-playing game. And until you learn it and start implementing it, I'm done with you.

Grow up.
    Last edited by Tarryk; May 17th, 2002 at 01:08:53.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

It's kinda tough when we're in the Story forum. People are here to discuss how FunCom is shaping life on the planet and how it affects in terms of enjoyment and gameplay.

Then you got the Roleplaying forum where people act in character and relate to the events on the planet with respect to their characters.

It's a fine line, agreed. That line hasn't quite settled down yet between the two.

But, I think that TarryK's opinion of events would best be served in a Roleplaying forum, while TarryK's player's feelings and criticism might be best served in the Story forum.

Addmittedly fuzzy situation where pigeonholing isn't the easiest thing to accomplish.

One thing of note, is that I've never felt comfortable with posts being both mixed in- and out- of character. Either it's TarryK or TarryK's player making the post. In the Roleplaying forum, we would pretty much know right away it's in-character unless the topic is something such as 'how do I roleplay' or 'we need more tools in-game to roleplay'.

Here in the Story forum I would expect a rundown of events and then dialog on how the story is progressing and what might happen next, etc., etc.

Bleh, tough to clearly make my point so I stop ...

From the Controller of Mymir

This Posting is made by the controller of Mymir.

Apparently the purpose of my last 3 postings has been taken horribly wrong. I wish to explain them as well as offer an apology.

The reason behind my previous postings was an attempt to show you, the controller of Tarryk, what I, the controller of Mymir, has seen as your attitude towards others(in-character and out-character).

The reason that these Postings were labelled "Out of character" is because in no shape or form would the "real" Mymir have ever written them. The "Out of Character" tag was meant for those who know me as a different kind of person and so they would not be confused over what appeared to be me losing my mind.

If these postings have been taken as a personal attack on you, or your character, I do apologize for that.

All I ask is 2 things before you decide not to interact with Mymir in the future.

First, and most important. Go back over your last 20 or so postings where we have had differences and read them again with a subjective eye. Ask yourself this, "If I were reading this for the first time, would I know that these words are in-character or out-of-character?" I have tried to distinguish between when you post as Tarryk and when you seem to post as the controller of Tarryk and I sometimes cannot tell the difference.

And secondly, to see that I am not the bad guy that my last few postings have protrayed me to be;
    go to the Division 9 Roster and take 5 of the top-ranking members names at random and contact them in-game and ask about me.

If you wish to meet me in-game at a Neutral and quiet spot to talk about this mis-understanding, send me a buffered tell and I will respond when I can.

The controller of:
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

Actually neutral territory does exist, in the tir accord. If im not mistaken one of the amendments says that newland is officialy neutral territory.

"The Council will grant Newland City neutral status within sixty (60) days." from the tir accord
    Last edited by Nanitehandler; May 18th, 2002 at 22:59:07.

If it is specifically mentioned in the Tir Accords, then thats acceptable. Newland City might be neutral and I have no problems with that. Stret West Bank is populated by neutrals, but also OT territory, since it is not specifically mentioned as neutral territory in the Tir Accord and not assigned to the clan territories either.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

Lightbulb

The thing clans need to remember here is that Rubi-Ka was inhabitable before Omni-Tek came along and fixed everything. Countless Omni-Tek employees and citizens gave their lives to build what we have today. The clans quite honestly have no right to complain about whats "thiers" considering it all belongs to OT who leased the planet for themselves. Clans wouldnt be on Rubi-Ka without OT.

Smile

Clannner are doing daily terrorist strikes at Omni-1, so I´d not be supprised if one of the crowd was a member of those that are wanted by Omni-Pol. If other clanners then pull weapon our brave defenders of Omni-company must take steps since they might have been pulled into an ambush.

If you clanners just would peacefully cooperate with the OP, and turn over those terrorists, I can garante that you have nothing to fear from our boys in white and black.

As a matter of fact you would be welcomed back into the fold of the company as productive members of Omni.

If you clanners just would peacefully cooperate with the OP, and turn over those terrorists, I can garante that you have nothing to fear from our boys in white and black.
    Riiiight. Like they wouldn't find some other excuse. If all clanners and neutrals vanished tomorrow, OP would be sad because they wouldn't have anyone to use for target practice anymore.

Well there are still lots of mobs out there to practice targetting on
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

Originally posted by Laeni

Riiiight. Like they wouldn't find some other excuse. If all clanners and neutrals vanished tomorrow, OP would be sad because they wouldn't have anyone to use for target practice anymore.
    Most sertainly not. All we want is peace and prosperity, well as well as get serious cred accounts.

This war and conflict just cost us credits, and is not in our interest. Anyway training with simulation eqiupment is cheeper then sending out troops with live ammo. Not only might the troops have to experience death, even if only temporal, but they might lose equipment as well.

Whats the problem here? The Clans were all asked before Omni-Pol waded into Last Ditch to stay out of the area until they finish investigations, and us Neuts were informed that "Omni-Pol is sorry for any inconvenience while they conduct investigations".

The only neuts who got harmed during all this were ones who got in the way of Omni-Pol. The rest either sat around watching Omni-Pol (was a good spectator sport) or made some profit selling munchies to all the Omni's coming to watch the Clan Lemming Parade.

I've seen people here go on about how Last Ditch is where so many people go to get missions and the like. Thats complete rollerrats droppings and they know it. The number of people who use it for mission can all be counted on one hand (even by an Atrox). The busiest Last Ditch becomes is when there is an event going on at the Reets, and even the Clans can not come out and say that their was an event needing a few hundred of them at that precise moment and they didn't know that Omni-Pol was there?

If Omni-Pol didn't open fire first, there is no way that any of the Clans out there can say they were only going to spectate on what Omni-Pol were doing. We all know, Clan, Omni, Neutral alike that if the Clans had got into Last Ditch in force, then we would today be discussing how the Clans interfered with an Omni-Pol search (supposdily for the Sons of the Ashes, but if you believe that you believe anything) and probably how they masacred Omni-Pol during the investigation.

Neutrals have an agreement with Omni Tek that we can live the way we like, un-hindered by them or under thier every day laws if we keep out of their way (everyday version of the political mumbo jumbo from the Tir Accord), and that if needed Omni-Tek can come in and police the areas if necessary. Its not perfect, but if they keep out of our hair we won't bother them. We as neutrals value our freedom from the Clans or Omni Tek over just about anything else, and if that means watching groups of Clanners jump like Lemmings from the biggest cliff they can find, then fair enough. The Clans were warned, the Neutrals were warned and even got an apology for it. So whats with all the grief?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Omni-Tek, Tir Accord, Neutrals

((This post is entirely IC, except for this line))

Thank you Nyadach!

If you get a warning to vacate an area because of a police action, it isn't usually the sensible thing to hang around and spectate. Last I checked anti-terrorism is not a spectator sport. In fact, standing anywhere near two people with guns and intent to use them is really really dumb.

So next time you get a warning telling you to get the heck out, then maybe you should get the heck out.

If I see someone standing around with a gun and not wearing a police uniform in a police raid, then I figure 'bad guy.' Pretty simple, huh? Last time I checked a gun is a lethal weapon. Lethal weapon in wrong hands = bad. Any Atrox out there not keeping up so far?

As for 'Neutral Territory' there is no such thing. Neutral status has been granted (by the Tir Accord and by another document I've not seen) to some areas, giving them the rights to self-govern and self-police in normal (peacetime) circumstances. Borealis, Stret West, Harrys and 20k are all examples of this. However, in all cases these places are not 'neutral owned' - they are Omni-Tek owned. And are in all cases except Newlands, which is Council-owned but granted neutral status.

Just because the guards have 'neutral' written on them doesn't make the land belong to them. In fact, all of Rubi-Ka except for the approved Council territories is the property of Omni-Tek, and Omni-Tek law applies. That means if we want to arrest someone in Borealis, we get down there and arrest 'em. No amount of protesting is going to change the law.

Omni-Tek gives the right to self-security and self-adminstration to the Neutral communities of Harry's, 20k, Stret West and Borealis as a courtesy. Because Omni-Tek is your friend. Omni-Tek doesn't have to be your friend, but since we actually care about this planet we're going out on a limb to assist any respectable, peace-loving group with their first steps towards independence. And a big part of that assistance comes in providing security teams beyond which that community could provide on their own.

Next time you're walking in Borealis, Stret West, Harry's or 20k remember: you're walking on Omni-Tek land and subject to Omni-Tek law. Be good, listen to public announcements and for heavens sake put that gun away, and that way everyone can have a good time and not have to shoot each other.

Any of you gung-ho, brainwashed drones care to defend Omni-Pol's action in killing any clanner who happened to be unlucky enough to use the Whompa during this 'investigation'? You all seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that your paid bullies didn't just kill the people they gave warnings to (BTW, if you're warned and you don't leave, it's on your own head), they killed people who had _no idea_ they suddenly shouldn't use the whompa they use every other day of the week.

Spin it how you want, Omni-Pol comes out covered in dung as usual. The fact that you won't admit the horrible mistake is why the Clans oppose you... we put some value on life and freedom, Omni-Tek doesn't.

Yep, you oppose us so much that I see terrorist attacks on our guard daily in Omni territory. there is no wonder that they think any clanner that appear is there to kill them.

If you stoped with your terrorist deeds I´m sure a proper treatment with just sending clanners back could be realised, but as it is there is no way they are going to friendly ask if you are just a peacefull clanner or the fellow that blow them away yesterday.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Re: Omni-Tek, Tir Accord, Neutrals

Originally posted by Mechanita
    Omni-Tek gives the right to self-security and self-adminstration to the Neutral communities of Harry's, 20k, Stret West and Borealis as a courtesy. Because Omni-Tek is your friend. Omni-Tek doesn't have to be your friend, but since we actually care about this planet we're going out on a limb to assist any respectable, peace-loving group with their first steps towards independence. And a big part of that assistance comes in providing security teams beyond which that community could provide on their own.

Next time you're walking in Borealis, Stret West, Harry's or 20k remember: you're walking on Omni-Tek land and subject to Omni-Tek law. Be good, listen to public announcements and for heavens sake put that gun away, and that way everyone can have a good time and not have to shoot each other.
    Well, Borealis, Harrys and 20k all have other reasons why they are "neutral", namely they are valuable pan-Rubika trade routes...to be totally honest I haven't a clue what is moved from these towns to the other towns ((ooc something I read way back when which I wouldn't be surprised was once intended for players to do, move across Rubi-ka trading, which as ever never came about)), but I do know that's one of the reasons OT gives them a kinda blind eye as they help OT where OT likes it...in the bank account.

The same goes for the Clans. If the Clans get the munchies for some cookies, who's the ones they go buying off? your friendly neut cookie seller

And on the point of Neutrals not being able to support themselves, partically in a military action. I hate to admit it, but its totally correct. We can fight for our rights with a clean spirit of mind, but when it comes to a fight, we haven't the fire power, or the backing to even protect our own lands...as sad as it was for me to say that.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast