Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Pol slaughters again!!

ooc: Maybe it's just me but I find it awfully difficult to RP off of "real" omni-pol and the "player" omni-pol. I can't see why my character would or should see any difference between the organizations.
    ==============
    Jone "Snowdomes" Sosnoski
    Clan Martial Artist
    "Lots of power in a little package."

Why?
    There are 2, one that is player-run and tries to stick to the official Omni-Pol as best as possible and theres the official FC run played by ARKs and mainly represented as tons of guards, Juggernauts or Slayerdroids, taking over an outpost or something.. The official Omni-Pol does the main stuff like operations somewhere on Rubi-Ka while we as player-run Omni-Pol are present in Omni-1 mainly and also at operations, if we know about them in advance. There is a difference between us and the official one as in that the official one does what FC wants, we dont since we dont know what FC wants, but we try to be as much Omni-Pol as the official one with loyal OT employees among our ranks. Its not difficult to keep us apart, if you read the thread, it is about players being slaughtered by guards in Stret West bank. We cant set up guards somewhere to slaughter people and i dont even approve of the way this operation was done, but we have no influence on that.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Yes. I understand that but I'm just commenting OOC that my character, Jone "Snowdomes" Sosnoski has not a clue what the heck "Funcom" is nor should she. So to her if she hears about something that "Omni-Pol" did she is really not going to make a differentiation between the two different Omni-Pols.

So as far as she's concerned there should be no reason she as a character shouldn't see any person associated with Omni-Pol (player or Funcom) as responsible for the slaughter in Stret.
    ==============
    Jone "Snowdomes" Sosnoski
    Clan Martial Artist
    "Lots of power in a little package."

If you want.. see us as a sub-division of the official Omni-Pol. It wasnt our division that did this operation (which was an investigation again.. regarding Dust Brigade things again as i was told). Though I havnt had the chance yet to talk to the commanding officer of this operation.. but will have soon i think.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

((OOC: I came up with a relatively easy way to dole it out in Tarryk's head. Any OP that are controlled by funcom, GM, NPC, etc, are considered "higher rank" or "special ops" units who report to the generals who work directly under Philip Ross, while the player-run Omni-Pol are "lower rank" or "standard ops" units who do not need to make any reports to Ross past the normal roster and monthly quota. Any player who knows the difference might as well play their character that way too as far as I see it. Grey lines are sometimes formed, like in the circumstance with this string, but the difference can always be told in the end.

Yes, I know that "special ops" shouldn't apply to NPC guards, but when they are warped into opposing territory to stage an attack, I figure the title still fits.))

((No IC post - Tarryk bows out of this one, having said all he needed to say.))
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Once again, last night May 13th, OT-Pol invaded Last Ditch and commenced slaughter on the clans.

"Sons of Agent" was the probable reason for there attack. But Meister make no mistake, we (Opposing Force) were eliminating this DB personnel. This "agent" proceeded to kill our leader with no questions asked. "Sons of Agent" also killed many clanners, neuts and OT personnel.

I rallied our clans forces to take out this terrorist and as we were soon to eliminate him, OT-Pol shows up and proceeds to kill everyone on site, not stopping to see that we were doing their dirty work.

Our clan wants a peaceful coexistence with Omni-Tek. We uphold the Tir Accords and leave OT-Pol to conduct its business without any interference from our clan. We do not agree with the oppression that Omni-Tek have handed to the miners and we feel that there is a peaceful solution to our differences.

But make no mistake, you strike us without any reason other than we are "clan" than be prepared to face a giant. If the ICC needs to get involved to reevaluate Omni-Tek's presence on Rubi-Ka, then so be it.

Opposing Force will not tolerate such attacks to the citizens of Rubi-Ka. We have put out our hand to aid in the investigation of the DB. We have aided in trying to find out who or what Yxxil is and share our knowledge with all. Yet, you still view us as rabble, unorthodoxed and scum of this planet. How wrong you and the company that you work for are.

We are well trained, well disciplined, well informed and we will use these tools to leverage it to our advantage.

Meister, yes you may have the right to condust an investigation in SWB, but you do not have the right to kill clanners or anyone of all factions that are innocent bystanders or even helping you (Omni-Tek) in ridding the planet of the scourge of the DB.

You cannot tell me that OT-Pol can cover this whole planet 100% on its own. I say if you are wanting to rid the planet of terrorists then you will need all the help you can get. If you think that Omni-Tek is omnipotent and needs no one....than that is your failure and the companies failure.

Respectfully,
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Who runs what..

Taken from the Tir Accords:

Annex 1A: Territorial Division

Omni-Tek is the superior governing body of the entirety of Rubi-Ka, but will leave to the Council to supervise the areas of Tir, Tir County, Athen, Athen Shire, Aegan, Northern Artery Valley, The Big One, Avalon, Mort, Newland, and Western Endless Plains.

The remaining terraformed areas on the planet will remain under complete Omni-Tek control and subject to the ICC lease of 28708.

Council-affiliated parties will remain in their allocated districts where they are subject to Council supervision.

The moment they enter Omni-Tek controlled areas, they will be subject to Omni-Tek law and control.

The Council and its affiliates will remain within the area they have been allocated, and will cease any expansion in their territorial claim.

If you are Clan- or Neutral-affiliated and have a problem with Omni-Pol and their tactics, then I suggest you file a complaint with the Council of Truth and let it be handled through the proper channels.

As has been said more times than can be counted:

Amnesty is over.

This means that if you are caught in an Omni-Tek-controlled area, you are subject to Omni-Tek laws and procedures.

Whatever they may be.
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

As far as i can recall, all people in SWB last night were warned to leave the area, if they were clanners. The security forces make no difference between peaceful clanners and aggressive ones. That you died although you were warned to evacuate the area is not Omni-Teks problem. Stret West Bank is under Omni-Tek supervision, so dont even come with this "you have nothing to do in clan areas" crap. The Sons of Ashes are one of the current enemies of Omni-Tek, so every force neccessary to eliminate them is used. If you interfer, then you die, its quite simple, isnt it?
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

All in line for goose-stepping to Mein Fuhrer? Right.

And a-one, and a-two, and a-one, and a-two....

Ahem.

I've kept out of OT territory ever since I started losing listeners because you'd continuously shoot them for having fun on your turf.

Stret West is not OT territory.

True, it's part of the great mass of OT-controlled Rubi-Ka by the fecal matter that is the Tir Accord, but it is not "OT Territory". It is neutral, and until Omni-Tek takes official control of it and it becomes an OT town, your laws mean precisely #$*& to me, and I will continue to reside there, call it home, and hold my parties as often as possible.

You are welcome to come and party any time you desire, Meister. You and the rest of your subordinates. We welcome all who enter without intent to maliciously govern, exact control, wield megalomania, or shoot people for no reason other than their implied rights through vaguely interpreted text.

I know, that's difficult for you. But it can be done.
    Last edited by Tarryk; May 14th, 2002 at 23:59:39.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

If you want to get down to it,
    ALL of Rubi-ka is Omni territory.
    And its time you rebels learned that.
    Just because they allow you to control a few small sectors,
    doesnt mean that you own them.
    It just means that they are unable to enforce the law there at this time.
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

I dont think that Omni-Tek has interests to "take" SWB or any neutral territory. The security forces dispatched in SWB yesterday were sent there to terminate the Sons of Ashes to protect Omni-Tek from them before they reach our territory. OT has any right to do operations anywhere for corporate security reasons and that is exactly what was done yesterday. Nobody wants to take Reets Retreat from you, Tarryk and if clanners die there in an operation which is usually against the Sons of Ashes recently, then it is due to failure to follow simple orders - namely to evacuate an area. OT is not at fault here and has not been in the past, so i dont think that anyone in OT plans to change that anytime soon.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

Lets put it this way, did Omni-Pol(real) absoloutely have to kill clanners that were not informed to vacate the area but rather they accidentally walked into the area as part of their daily routine? Informing them yes, but more effort needs to be made to show the clanners that Omni-Tek does not resort to tactics like warning the clanners to leave and opening fire on them a half second later followed by "We warned you!".

Unless Omni-Pol are supposed to stoop to useing such a low tactic to kill someone, anyone out of their fraustration to auctually do something of useful like apprehend the Dust Brigade and put an end to these Sons of Ashes? I see this as a poor attempt to mask incompetence by killing any unfortunate soul that stumbles into the operation and gets convienently killed given the smallest excuse.

My suggestion is that future operations of this nature require a more visible attempt on Omni-Pol's part to inform the clanners to leave and have a small one to two troopers stay behind to continously warn new incoming and uninformed clanners to temparily stay away from the area.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

The security forces dispatched in SWB yesterday were sent there to terminate the Sons of Ashes to protect Omni-Tek from them before they reach our territory.
    Okay, this is something that I hadn't been too sure on, but I had it clarified by other sources, including you, Meister, and I digress.

You're right, you were not there under any intention to take Stret West, but rather to fight off SoA.

To which I say Kudos. That's the way to put OP to appropriate use, taking out the true "bad guys".

And again, I digress my earlier point. If anything, you were doing Stret West a service by taking the Sons of Bi-er, Ashes out. My apologies for misconstruing the actions taking place last night.

As for the forces that were dispatched and were taking out clanners without warning, that's a different story, and it's an issue I seriously hope you're looking in to, Meister.

Any Clanners dieing there 2 days ago, died after a lengthy warning to evacuate the area was broadcasted a number of times and well in advance before the security forces came in. Those who didnt leave apparently sought a conflict with the OP forces and met termination.. that was to be expected and i see nothing wrong there.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

I was receiving communications from a large majority of the clanners who were leaving Reet's Retreat that night. They were going outside because of the Sons of Ashes that had invaded. It was discovered shortly after that you had arrived.

While I was not on the scene at the time, only hearing third-reference updates, it sounded to me (and still sounds that way from what you tell me) that Omni-Pol turned on the clanners maliciously, and actually began to disregard the Sons of Ashes to focus on the clanners, most of whom were only there to witness.

This is apalling to hear. If you showed up to deal with the Sons of Ashes, you should have done so. Telling clanners to leave the area? Fine, they should have stayed in Reet's Retreat anyway.

But then to actually divert your forces attention away from the Sons of Ashes (a true threat) in order to open fire on the clanners who were NOT being hostile but only observing, that's not only apalling but an extremely inane waste of resources, and a very obvious order given out of pure malice.

It also tells me that you'd rather kill non-threat clanners than true-threat SoA's.

Protecting corporate security means that anyone that is not Omni-Tek is terminated after a warning that is given in advance. In the heat of the fight there, it is not clear who started firing on who first, the clanners on the security forces or the forces on the clanners. I heard a lot of "kill that guard!" and "down with Omni-Tek" and such, as usual from the clanners there. Either way, it is standard procedure to terminate all threats to Omni-Tek at once to end a threat to the corporation instantly and very effectively. The deaths are not permanent and if the clanners had left peacefully when they were given this order, they wouldnt have died. On old earth, police used water cannons to disperse large crowds, and didnt make a difference between "peaceful" and hostile individuals. In a crowd of the size present at Reets Retreat 2 days ago, it is impossible to separate hostile individuals from peaceful ones. Peaceful means, that you do what you are told to do when danger is imminent. The police or the fire department or any other security and rescue organization does not have the time to discuss your world view while the danger is still there. Its as simple as that, next time leave the area when the warning comes and you will not die. Refusing to leave Omni-Tek territory although a warning and order is given to do so, results in deaths which could be avoided - by the clanners. Omni-Tek is pretty much allowed to do what it sees neccessary in its territory - and yes, Stret West Bank is Omni-Tek territory - according to the Tir Accord and i dont care whether you live by it or not - i do.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

Let's run the scenario down once.

Clanners have a peaceful party at Reet's Retreat. We are not on governed OT turf, the guards there are not OT, and it has already been deemed acceptable to EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON RUBI-KA BUT YOU that it is okay for clanners to be there. Humbug and haw all you want, we were not at Baboon's, we were not at the Rompa, we were at an acceptable place to party for all affiliations. Hence the term Neutral Ground. It may be owned by Omni-Tek, but it is not governed by them. In case you haven't noticed, all the guards stationed there are neutral, not omni.

SoA arrives in Stret West, and starts killing clanners.

Minutes pass.

Omni-Pol arrives under the noble guise of fighting off the SoA.

Omni-Pol tells the clanners to leave. The clanners do not, still feeling threatened by the SoA's presence, and proceed to defend themselves, holding no difference between an attacking SoA trooper and a threatening OP guard in such a circumstance.

Omni-Pol, completely disregaurding their original implied intent, proceeds to open fire on the clanners, practically ignoring the still-attacking SoA from what it sounds like.

Now you tell me, is this normal procedure for Omni-Pol? To be faced with a grizzly bear but shooting at the nearby rabbit just because it's threatening to defend itself from the both of you?

I don't care what procedure calls for. Sounds like a weak excuse to rack up PvP kills to me. You should have been focusing on the true threat to Stret West. That was Omni-Pol's mission. You failed to give it the attention it needed.

Clanners are not a threat to Stret West. And if you argue against THAT point, we might as well end the debate here, because we've been doing nothing but defending the stability of that outpost since day one.

Now if you happen to arrive in an area with SoA, and start hosing the area down with fire, and some idiot clanners get caught in the crossfire, so be it. They were morons, and they deserved to go down for being in the way.

But if you seriously diverted your attention from a serious threat to take out a lesser one, then you are not a soldier, you're a poacher, no matter what your handbook tells you.

I dont know why you constantly attack me personally.. I had nothing to do with this attack and was merely an observer. The troops sent in came from Omni-HQ and were not sent by me. I am a player just as you, but what i wrote above is my point as an observer. and.. this thing there doesnt mean that OT wants to take Reets retreat away from anyone. Its not clan territory, so its OT territory. Neutral? Nah. There is no neutral territory assigned in the Tir Accord. Dream on Tarryk and leave your personal attacks out of here. I am tired of them.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

I dont know why you constantly attack me personally..
    I should think it were obvious, Meister. You stand for and fight with the one branch of Omni-Tek that I detest for very explicit reasons that I've stated time and again. If you really didn't know THAT by now, especially after complaining about my statements so often, something's seriously wrong with your perception of debate.

I had nothing to do with this attack and was merely an observer.
    Up until this point, the only information _I_ had was that you were there, and Omni-Pol was there. I'd call it a looks-like-a-duck scenario. You never once (until now) clearly mentioned that you did not have anything to do with this particular retaliation against SoA. I made a fair assumption through simple logic. I take it back now, seeing that it was incorrect. We all make mistakes.

Neutral? Nah. There is no neutral territory assigned in the Tir Accord.
    Go to Stret West Bank. Walk up to a guard or an NPC. Bring up the info on them. Look at alignment.

There, you see that? Pretty cool, isn't it? Yeah, it's been that way for a long time now, that word "neutral" that you so easily dismiss.

You can argue with what's on your piece of paper, and I'll argue with what's actually there.

Dream on Tarryk and leave your personal attacks out of here. I am tired of them.
    For all the times that your organization and it's affiliates have attacked and killed my friends for doing nothing more than having a good time, it's the least I can do.

Therefore: No. My verbal attacks on you and your organization do not kill people. Your physical attacks do.

Besides, so long as "Death Isn't Fatal", neither are mild, generalized insults. From where I'm standing, you're not the one on the short end of the stick, so suck it up, soldier.

And that's the way it ends......again.

The following Posting is to be considered Out of Character in its entirety.

Rule #1
    When anyone makes a reference to Nazi's or Nazi-like behaviour, you know the thread has ended.

Rule #2
    When the last 7 Posts are made by 2 people who have done nothing but respond to each other, you know the thread has ended.

Good job on taking a public thread and making it now as useful as an Atrox Brothel.

Both of you should be proud.

Theory #1.

Trying to get Tarryk to see any point besides his own is like sleeping with your cousin. Enjoyable at first, but mentally-disturbing the next 100 times.

Theory #2

Baiting Meister into an argument is like kicking a Leet. Too easy and you never miss.

I have sat back and watched the two of you go at it time and time again. Neither one of you will give any ground and neither will admit when you are wrong or mistaken.

My advice to the both of you is to meet in a non-confrontational area and converse until you both get this out of your system.

I am more than positive that I am not the only one who tires of listening to the two of you "hijack" a thread with your banter.

Call this a rant. Call it a flame. Call it what you want.

But just call it quits between the two of you.

More than my 2 credits.....
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast