Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omni-Pol slaughters again!!

Post Omni-Pol slaughters again!!

May 10 29576

Omni Police and an detachment of at least twenty Omni guards camped outside of the Stret West-bank at approx. 21:00 GMT, barricading the entrance to the city and killing any clanner that approached or passed by. Many clanners where killed as they teleported out of the wompa, caught by surprise and unable to escape before overwhelming firepower was brought to bare on them. Many neutral and Omni bystanders were upset with the display of aggression, calling the attacks "savage" and "bloodthirsty". When the motive of the seemingly unprecedented attack was questioned, Omni-Pol simply stated that they were conduction an investigation and that the clanners where "interfering". The Omni forces did nothing further to justify their claim but continued to kill innocent people for about an hour before leaving as abruptly as they arrived. Many who witnessed the atrocity where in tears and several neutrals killed themselves in front of the Omni guards as a show of pity for the clanners. While Omni-Pol apeared satisfied with its work, for people that were present at this event it no doubt soured their view of the corporation even further and left others with less respect for Omni-Pol then before. One person had this to say about the incident-
    "When the police pull tactics like this, its really just shooting themselves in their own foot. One day the majority of citizens will be tired of this kind of action and will collectively stand up against oppresive and corrupt rule."
    What will happen when that day comes? It may not ever come but at this rate the police will accumulate a rap sheet that easily contends with those of SA and The Dust Brigade.

yay! death to clanners!

how far can omni-pol go? i mean, they have lost confidence from its people and they seem to act whenever they please and whereever they please, calling it a "investigation". Well tell me Omni-Pol : how many PvP ranks do you get during your "investigations" ?

Thewanderer, signing out
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

Exclamation Interesting reading.

Very interesting reading. If I thought at least half of it was not personal opinion or outright exaggeration, I might have truly been swayed to the side that says we in Omni-Tek are nothing more than hired thugs.

I applaud you for the attempt at propaganda but would offer a suggestion for future tales.

Less is more.

Now I know why its called the Rubi-Ka Free Press.

Who would want to pay to read it?
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

Mymir, you havent stated anything to back up your claim that im a liar. I have screenshots that clearly show about 20 omni guards in Stret West-bank gunning down clanners. If you think that all im publishing is propaghanda then maybe you should open your eyes and start believing what you see instead of what your told cause it sounds like you've been eating all the propaghanda that omni-pol has been feeding you. (could help but notice your a Div 9 member) So what? as long as you hear stuff that endorses Omni its O.K. but the second its not it becomes propaganda? Yeah right! There is corruption on both sides. There is corruption everywhere. (Especially on Rubi-Ka)
    The Free Press is an Omni publication and the people who produce it are all Omni yet they are not so filled with discrimination and hate towards all non-omni peoples as Omni-Pol and Div 9 seem to be.
    Last edited by Rubikat; May 11th, 2002 at 04:41:21.

I will look into this report very carefully. If what you say is true this behavior is completely unacceptable from Omni-Pol.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

If i may ask, then what city are you claiming this minor incident happened nearby?

I am sure that the actions that was done, where within proper protocol.
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Re: Interesting reading.

Originally posted by Mymir
    Very interesting reading. If I thought at least half of it was not personal opinion or outright exaggeration, I might have truly been swayed to the side that says we in Omni-Tek are nothing more than hired thugs.

I applaud you for the attempt at propaganda but would offer a suggestion for future tales.

Less is more.

Now I know why its called the Rubi-Ka Free Press.

Who would want to pay to read it?
    my thoughts exactly.
    dude kako, if your going to try to sway opinion at least cut some of your subjective views out of the article, ... I mean else its just one rant. Be a politician! ^^

Red face Oh Please...

All Omni-Pol ever does in their reports is lie. And they gun down clanners just about every chance they get, whether or not they're in violation of precious omni law.

This article is not only believable, it's been expected. Welcome to just more proof that OP thinks it can get away with whatever it wants for it's own trigger-happy pleasure, and denounce it afterwards as "exaggerated propoganda". Probably one of the most hypocritical things about the organization.

I might have truly been swayed to the side that says we in Omni-Tek are nothing more than hired thugs.
    Omni-Tek are not hired thugs. Omni-Tek citizens are often good and righteous people. Sure, they have bad seeds just like the clanners and even the neutrals, but they are a noble faction in their own right.

It's Omni-Pol that are the hired thugs. Especially the lower ranks ((non-FC)) of OP. They begin wearing that badge and immediately think they're judge, jury, and executioner on the behalf of their own weak and misguided opinions about the general public.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

I am absolutely stunned that things have progressed to this point. I believe every word of that article because I have at other times seen for myself what the thugs of Omni-Pol are capable of.

Had I not stayed in cleaning my new apartment in Tir that easily could have been me out there too. And considering the location I wonder how many of my friends were hurt and killed.

Does Omni-Pol seriously even have authority in these parts?!
    ==============
    Jone "Snowdomes" Sosnoski
    Clan Martial Artist
    "Lots of power in a little package."

Yes, Omni-tek control Stret Rver delta, and it is thereby under Omni-Tek law. The clanners entered on their own risk.

I dont have a problem with a rough clanner less
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

No, Stret West Bank is not under Omni-Tek control, it is neutral territory.

And the suppression gas should stop them from slaughtering anyone, unless they actually received the authority to lower it.

Which is a scary thought. If the bigots that represent OP think they can take over Stret West, MY HOME, and start slaughtering people just because they are clan (a favorite OP past-time lately) or even neutral, then there's going to be a whole new chapter to this war.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Talking Hehe

Looks like they have upped the ante, that's ok, the game is still on.......

Cayll

Stret West is Omni-Tek territory. There is no neutral territory. Either it is Omni or Clan. Any neutral towns are automatically Omni-Tek property according to the Tir Accords territorial paragraph and fall therefor under Omni-Tek law and jurisdiction. If you need a list of all clan territory, please read the Tir Accords, this list is pretty accurate. Newland (the desert) is clan territory, Newland City is Omni-Tek territory, but governed by the neutrals. I guess that has a reason, since it was agreed to be like that by the OT Administration and the CoT years ago. Any operations in OT territory, conducted by Omni-Pol are perfectly legal. If clan members happen to be there where the fight is, then it can happen that clanners get terminated - though not permanently. I am happy that (the official) Omni-Pol is active. The operation in Stret West bank was an official operation, not player-run by us, so dont blame anything on us - even if there is nothing to blame us for. According to the territorial paragraph Reets Retreat is Omni-Tek territory aswell.. interesting to know this *smiles*
    Although I would welcome it if operations in Stret West bank - especially the Reet Retreat area are kept rare, since the parties at Reets Retreat generally are a good source of entertainment for all factions, which cannot be provided in Omni-1 or Tir. I guess I will have to talk to Telion a bit and see what this operation was about before I can make a statement about the neccessity of the operation. Though I strongly doubt that the exaggerated "report" at the start of this thread holds much truth whatsoever.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

The use of force seemed excessive and many clanners were killed without knowledge of what was even happening according to the clan reports. It is important that Omni-Pol (real) maintains a certain standard of conduct as to avoid causeing any more PR incidents which Omni-Admin will have to clean up.

I will however, wait for the reports from Omni source before makeing any more judgements. I hope they had good reason for doing what they did.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Granted, the Tir Accord does give Omni-Tek rights of "ownership" to neutral territory (all the more reason that the Tir Accord is actually a pile of fecal matter disguised as poorly worded documentation), it does NOT give Omni-Pol the right to police it as though it were governed territory.

By your own words, Meister, that land is governed by the neutrals, therefore Omni-Pol has no jurisdiction there beyond general admission. You are allowed to conduct investigations, but ANY hostility towards clanners whatsoever can legally (by that silly Tir Accord again) be met with equal animosity and instant retaliation.

What does this mean, you ask?

Well, I've never fought back against Omni-Pol when I was in omni jurisdiction.

Stret West is not OP jurisdiction, and I can legally fight back. Reet's Retreat is more important to me than anything in the world. It's my home and it's my hangout, my residence and my reason to stay on Rubi-Ka.

If OP invades, I'm going to fight tooth and nail. And I garauntee that you and your goons will meet up against a defending force that you will not be prepared for.

On an out of character note... what a crock of crap.

This iss FC's idea of a storyline? Please.

I know 10 year olds who could do far better.

Yeah, dropping 20 NPC guards outside a Neutral whompa where lots of people go to mission, whoo, fun, what a wonderful kind of event.

Funcom, grow a clue. I swear you're all retarded or something, there's no other excuse for the constant flow of garbage from Norway.

Tarryk, as i already said, Stret Westis Omni-Tek territory, although it is inhabited by neutrals. I dont think that you have any rights there, even less the right to fight Omni-Pol. I am sure that the operation had a reason, which i dont know yet, but i will find out
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

Well, by Omni-Pol's misguided interpretation of Rubi-Ka law, clanners don't have the right to exist anywhere on Rubi-Ka. Which is all well and good, considering it's coming from Oppression-Pol.

It's just too bad for you guys that we do exist, and we have the will and means to fight you. Neutral territory is called neutral territory for a reason.

If Omni-Pol invades it under the intention of making it non-neutral territory, there will be a battle there. I don't care what your organization thinks we do or do not have the right to do in our own home.

Those terms are ours (the Reets Retreat and Stret West residents) to dictate, no matter what the Tir Discord or the local Omni-Pol Oppression Handbook may say.

((OOC: Yeah, I know it wasn't you or the player org involved, but Tarryk isn't so sure. Personally, I received more info that it was actually a group of NPC Omni-Pol guards that were somehow dropped in front of the wompa by someone, and no actual players at all. Naturally, they started shooting up the place, without the suppression gas having to be dropped. Kind of annoying, I must say, and probably some drunk GM's idea of a good joke, but it certainly did kick Tarryk into high defensive gear, lol.))
    Last edited by Tarryk; May 13th, 2002 at 00:38:02.

Well i already said that my org was not involved with this. We couldnt harm a player in Stret West due to the suppression gas. It was obviously an official Omni-Pol operation which i didnt even know about. Whatever you think Tarryk, Stret West is Omni-Tek territory, because it isnt Clan territory. The Tir Accords count for the clans and OT, at least the territorial paragraph is very clear. Neutral territory is not existant on Rubi-Ka. Its either clan or OT, as i also said before.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast