Thread: Dungeons! F Missions.

Angry Dungeons! F Missions.

Rant Part 1

Today I convinced a level 50-60 group to let me drag their arses to the Foreman Dungeon out in TLR. I've never been there before, neither had they. It was a complete ADVENTURE! Just getting there was the most fun I've had in weeks. When we get there we realize its IN and Omni controlled outpost so we were gonna have to go in Mission Impossible style.

We find the entrance and out of nowhere a guard rushes us hitting us for 230+ damage each. Now at level 50 there is no hopes of beating a guard like this. 3 of us die. Only one of us decides to trek back... ME. So now we have a group of 4 who just REALLY want to see this dungeon.

So we sneak in, rush past the guard. Only to be greeted on the other side of the zone by 4 level 53ish guards beating the hell out of us with fire AC guns.

Now I am to understand this dungeon is for level 30-70 people?

HOW?! How the hell is a group of level 30's going to survive the trek INTO the damn dungeon. Am I to understand everyone level 30+ has a freakin yalmaha and a level 200 weapon?

FunCom I just wanna play a damn dungeon. Have you ever seen Crushbone in Everquest? Have you ever taken a trip into SplitPaw? Why dont you guys shell out $40 and play Everquest for a month and take a REALLY good look at how they do low level dungeons.

Just try and grasp how to design a good dungeon, Verant had it right. Then go back and revamp your dungeon design.

Rant Part 2

What the hell is the point of playing Clan anymore? Where are clan organization bonuses? Where are some underground advantages? Why are all the low level dungeons surrounded and accessible only to Omni? As if Omni didnt have enough advantages already with their employee discounts and better selection of equipment. Get on the freakin ball here and make this game more than, Get Mission, Kill Things, Buy more stuff.

Athens athens athens

Old athens is a great lag free easy to learn city thats not as dark as Trade(Why I joined clan is for that city )

Not to mention most of the static duegon entrances are in clan areas
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

dungeon is easy. what you need is croud control.
    get some nt's and or crats to go along and calm, calm, calm.
    same with all statics out there croud control is the key.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Originally posted by HidaReign
    dungeon is easy. what you need is croud control.
    get some nt's and or crats to go along and calm, calm, calm.
    same with all statics out there croud control is the key.
    Half of the NTs I've ever played with (and that would be a lot) can't calm. This would be at level 70-100. They also do not know of a neat NT nano called dark movement which seems to be, in a level 70-100 team, the best evade buff of all professions.

before level 70 you can do missions solo. after you cant. dark movement Rocks. HE, DM, makes me a semi happy engi. now if my bot would stop humping the door frames/walls/everything I would be a very happy engi
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Post Dungeons lvl range is a bit off

In my opinion the lvl range for the static dungeons is off. I've been to Steps of Madness, Omni Mine (in The Longest Road) and cyborg barracks.

In SoM everything is grey or green (except Neleb) at lvl 55, all they seem to have done is give the MOBs a ridiculous amount of health.

Omni Mine, at lvl 66 the initial guards are green, later they move upto orange with TIM (the prototype slayer) being Red....so red I only survived 3 hits (thats with doc and enforcer health buffs.

Cyborg Barracks, everythings red, I went in with 3 teams (max lvl 104, Min lvl 60) we stuck together clearing 1 room at a time and we still lost people.

Any lvl range they suggest take the highest number and add 20-30. This'll mean no exp for the basic MOBs but you should get something for the bosses.

I personally only do the statics for the NODROPS, for exp their virtually worthless.

I have no idea what they were thinking with static dungeons to be honest. I'm sure they dont want people leveling there so they have made the xp 'unattractive'. For the most part that means that by the time you can handle the dungeon it's grey grey grey.

The only classes ive seen teaming in the proper level ranges in statics were pet classes working at 10 minutes a kill. Saw a few lvl 35ish MP's and engi's in a team the other day in Steps of Madness. Also saw a soldier try and walk in at lv 55. He got stomped bad by the first mob he saw. I agrod the mob and then spent minutes killing it with my q200 Nova. So much for balance. Would have taken the lvl 55 soldier 25 minutes surely, and somehow i dont see TMS lasting that long at his level lol. Imagine his surprise when i answered his questions with 'you're at the high end of funcoms stated level requ for this dungeon'.

Everyone knows that static content is designed for camping only. The mobs are just buffer to make you slow down and check out the textures (which are quite nice lol). When they say lvl 50, that means lvl 50 if the mobs had reasonable HP, which they dont. They have 10-20 times reasonable hp. It's quite the joke.

When funcom says "for levels 30-60" that really translates to for levels 30-60+ if you're backed by a team of lvl 120+ guildmates".

I agrod the mob and then spent minutes killing it with my q200 Nova.
    Wow which mob are you talking about? Except Neleb I can breeze my way through any mob quite easly except for Jeliously and Neleb nearly all of the mobs(Except Though Guadians which stun you when they attack,) have less than 3k HP(Kinda reduclious considering the lvl 30ness of them
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It