Thread: Team Level

Team Level

I used the search button on this forum to find some info regarding the "team level" function, but came up nothing really.

have you ever met anyone knowing what team level was good for?
    Well, we all heard most of it "better loot", "more xp", "chances of getting better loot" and so on.
    But no one ever really said "yes, it's for <something>".. so.. please, someone.. tell me what it's for.

Re: Team Level

Originally posted by Fiwel
    I used the search button on this forum to find some info regarding the "team level" function, but came up nothing really.

have you ever met anyone knowing what team level was good for?
    Well, we all heard most of it "better loot", "more xp", "chances of getting better loot" and so on.
    But no one ever really said "yes, it's for <something>".. so.. please, someone.. tell me what it's for.
    When you use search functions be sure to change the date which is default to the last month, which really isn't that long.

I believe the "more xp" and "possible better loot" is pretty much it.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Team level is a bonus given to your team for sticking together. It grants the following:

-Increased chance of disarming a trap/opening a door sucessfully

-Increased chance of landing nano programs sucessfully.

-An AMS/DMS (attack and defense) boost

This was taken from the news article posted here.
    Last edited by Regulas; Mar 2nd, 2004 at 05:27:05.

It certainly does not add AMS.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

High team level makes you wanna team with these people again ...
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Originally posted by Satenia
    High team level makes you wanna team with these people again ...
    Yup, thats my guess of what it does too!
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

hmm..
    wow.. well.. i am a bit dissapointed, but.. oh well.. good enough

Originally posted by Kinkstaah
    just because it doesnt visually add AMS doesnt mean that the calculation isnt happening. I can name several instances where attack rating on the server and attack rating on your client have differed in the past.

If FC says that team level gives AMS i see no reason that they would lie to us.
    President of Midnight Reveries

it really seems to effect drop rate. I would get to team level 5 on my lowbie and go to ToTW - GoT tank armor would drop very frequently. We got it 2 times in a row. Anyone else have a similar experience?

The news article say: "Some of the areas where you receive bonuses with higher Team Level are:". So you most likely gain other bonuses as well. And loot could be one of them.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

{Removed by Coordinator Rarevos - Trolling}
    Last edited by Rarevos; Mar 3rd, 2004 at 18:39:47.
    _________.-
    Trox' unite!
    TroX - My own lil org
    Beldaro 200 NT - Trox *RETIRED* Wearing
    Nikaidaro 205 NT - Opi *RETIRED* Wearing
    Caldaro 201 Crat - ummm
    Troxdaro 155 Enf - Trox
    Im sooo outta here, bye all!

Common belief is that team level improves drop rate on mobs, I can gives lots of anecdotal evidence of it as can a lot of people, but no hard and fast rules.
    Hello Mr mob, whack whack, oh j00 dead, sowwy.

Lonefighter 220 soli MA
    Lonedefender 220 opi keeper
    2 accounts full of various Lone's - if you see one, wave at me

202 Agent for hire, will sit idle for 5 hours to increase team level; all loot is yours, pst.
    Autolycith Done leveling until agents serve a purpose. Agent Veteran of Cognizance
    My uber setup!
    WTB Balance in SL.

Would be kind of nice if some dev could just give us the actual numbers. That way we could stop speculating about what team level does. And maybe, if we deem the bonus to be insignificant, just ignore the team level.
    Octo - eqp

Arrow

Before 1k AMS curves, with certain high damage weapons (e.g. Krutt) you could tell the difference of a single point in attack rating (sometimes it took 2 points but not often) on backyard level 1 leet crits, as long as you carefully counted/removed every dmg mod.

And yes teamlevel didn't add AMS hidden from client or not, unteamed versus teamlevel 5. Unless a patch after 14.3 or whenever (it was like june of last year) changed or fixed things, it still doesn't. I also remember finding out other things like NT nukes would never go above max listed damage, but weapons could when mobs had negative ACs.

Even though AMS is curved now, its probably still possible to test the difference in 4-5 points attack rating with high damage weapons and professions with better curves. Or you could just test with chars under 1k Atk with a Krutt again
    Last edited by Mercatura; Mar 4th, 2004 at 08:26:52.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Mercatura
    ... 4-5 points attack rating...
    "Kick me from team so you keep the 5 atk rating!"
    Octo - eqp

Originally posted by Kinkstaah
    It sure doesn't. It has been tested time and time again. Now where is that post where a Dev said it was an % increase in the XP shared amongst the team?

I can see it already. "Please, don't kill yet. We need Team-Level 5 before we kill Tarasque. He drops 2 of each item and 10 of EoT then!"

Or.. "WTB Team with Team-Level 5 for Maul camping at Ithaki!"

Originally posted by Raynefists
    just because it doesnt visually add AMS doesnt mean that the calculation isnt happening. I can name several instances where attack rating on the server and attack rating on your client have differed in the past.

If FC says that team level gives AMS i see no reason that they would lie to us.
    I can see loads of reasons why. First of all, the concept sounds way to difficult for Funcom to implement (no offence, but you ain't got no star in my book when it comes to coding). Notice the date on that post too. I havn't heard from Salabim in ages.
    Last edited by Chaolz; Mar 7th, 2004 at 00:08:15.
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Missing the days of 12.4 - Advisor of Clan Forsaken
    >Current: >Wo "Chaolz" Ha - 220 ENF >Former: >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF

It does raise AMS. No wonder I was having a hard time reproducing the results...I thought it raised add. damage by 1 for each team level, because I remember using frost scythe before the AR caps came into effect and hitting for 1 more point of damage with each rise in team level. Frost scythe hits for the same damage every time so is very easy to test this with. After SL came out, I couldn't reproduce the results...But that was because I was over the MBS of the weapon, so there's no rise in damage.