Thread: RK2 'Event' - Not Impressed

Angry RK2 'Event' - Not Impressed

I was so excited to see a new npc called "The Inventor" wondering around. I went up and said hello and role-played with him. He was looking for some items so I asked for the list. Everything I found apart from the last items. These were 10 nano sensors above QL40. I was a 40 doctor. The skills to make such things are blue to me and also untrained. Needless to say I was not impressed.

Next time a GM event is run, please don't discriminate against certain professions please

Maybe you can find a level 40 engineer friend to help you? There are more roleplaying opportunaties abound!
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Moriamis - You said - "I was so excited to see a new npc called "The Inventor" wondering around

So um? Who said he was looking for a Doctor

This lady not for turning

Well being as event starved as we are, you cannot blame me for wanting to get involved. Oh and yes I did ask for help from engineers and got no response. No one would help and the only positive response I got was 'buy a screwdriver and go to Clon****.'

The Inventor was talking to everybody and asking them regardless of profession. You'd think he would have said 'Sorry you can't help me as you are a doctor' rather than let me waste a lot of time on futility.

My point is a little foresight will mean that everyone can get involved. Judging by the indifference of most people last night, that's precisely what we need.

As far as I know using a screwdriver to create nano sensors from Robot Junk does not require a skill. This has been discussed on the boards before and I was told flat out it performs no skill check.

Edit: Found the thread...
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ht=screwdriver

BTW. Did you ask anyone to convert them for you? I remeber seeing a Doc ask about where sensors came from in chat but someone answered before me. I never saw a request to convert the parts. I would have done it if it actually took MechE. I was just bumming around Trade anyway. But either way the premiss of the post is wrong FC did think about this and choose something that didn't require a specific skill just a 200cr screwdriver.
    Last edited by Zarrot; May 10th, 2002 at 19:29:17.

Star Trek Quote

Well I didn't know that. To quote a phrase 'Dammit Jim I am a doctor not an engineer'

There was still the problem of finding at least 10 level 40 robots at a moment's notice :P

That would be the hard part...