Thread: Athens restoration project

Athens restoration project

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=246486

OOC i think this might be something that both dimensions can be active in doing much like what was done with the Newland guards and is being down with The CoT now.

What is the interest on Atlantean for this ?
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

Originally posted by Ramid
    Step Five. Demolition and Rebuilding.
    Personally, I rather like the way Omni-Tek redecorated Omni-2 after you Clanners decided to squat there. However, just to show you that there are no hard feelings, I'd like to volunteer for the first half of Step 5 - demolition. You're on your own for the second part.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Nevver, your generosity is legendary. Thank you

((LOL))

Memories

It was during a Freedom Assemby Meeting in May 9th of 29476 that I proposed the rebuilding of Old Athen. Back then the FA was meant to do that which the CoT obviously lacked, action. Unfortunally the FA failed, since Devrel was arrested by Omni-Pol months after, to never be seen again.

Here is a part of the logged meeting of that day:

01:15: Windguaerd: CoT has ignored the east side of Athen....since the last war it's in ruins...and make the city weaker....from a defensive stand and merchants can't set up there either.
    01:16: Windguaerd: If we raise funds to rebuild Athen...we WILL raise morale.

01:16: Beezy nods
    01:17: Windguaerd: And from a military point of view...the city could be stronger, more room for guards quarters...we can get more guards...makes sense.
    01:17: Windguaerd: And perhpahs a few shops or places for clanners to relax.

01:17: Thyme really likes this idea .
    01:17: Windguaerd: I'm a military man...but every I go off duty.
    01:17: Phikia: Which was to be my point.....What exactly does FA trepresent, does FA represent the collective body of the clan and is there a mission statment which embodies the objectives of our geater citizenry?...Have non-military solutions been sought such as economic warfare ? or do we have but one agenda ..conflict?
    01:18: Phikia: Pardon my speaking out of line, but I had to ask these qustions
    01:18: Windguaerd: CoT won't like FA doing certain things...but hell, we need results.
    01:18: Devrel: Very well Windguaerd. But I do hope that you realize that the Council will resist such efforts.
    01:18: Windguaerd: Not that I trust you Mr. Devrel, but get us results, and you in turn shall get suport.
    01:18: Kalannar: May I please?
    01:18: Windguaerd: A fair trade.
    01:19: Devrel: You misunderstand. I am not out to win your trust, or you admiration. I am not here to be your buddy. I am here to try to help you all unify somewhat. I gain nothing from this, other than seeing the Clans do well.
    01:20: Devrel: The restoration of Athen is a good idea. But do not think I need to see it succed to win your support.
    01:20: Windguaerd: Unity needs a center of point, FA so far is centered on you, even if you make no opinion or vote. Welcome to politics, just as bloody as military efforts.
    01:21: Windguaerd: The point is, it needs to be done, I propose we do it, there are enough clans here to raise the funds.

01:21: Devrel: Do not lecture me on politics and war, do not think you have anything to offer me on those subjects.
    01:21: Kalannar: May I please?
    01:21: Zensia: thanks for your support Wind.
    01:21: Devrel: Ys, Kalannar, please.
    01:21: Windguaerd: I do not give lectures, I only teach those who come to me.
    01:22: Devrel: Kalannar has the floor.
    01:22: Windguaerd leans back
    01:22: Kalannar: I support Wind on this idea. The restoration of Athens to its once former glory will bring trade and economy back to this city
    01:22: Windguaerd nods to Major Twinfootwo
    01:22: Kalannar: I do not see why on earth the CoT would resist such an effort
    01:23: Uprising: lack of funds? manpower?
    01:23: Kalannar: Atens, and the lands just outside...has laid in ruins for far to long
    01:23: Thyme raises her hand.
    01:23: Kalannar: I would be willing to support the effort myself if I had to
    01:23: Devrel nods to Kalannar
    01:23: Valaik is back
    01:23: Kalannar: I am willing to head this project up sir
    01:23: Devrel: Duly noted.
    01:24: Kalannar: I see it as a good step for us..for the clan..and for the citizens of Athens
    01:24: Kalannar: and I would ask anyone here..to join me in this effort
    01:24: Kalannar: I am willing to donate 2 million creds..right now..to beging this effort
    01:25: Kalannar: *begin
    01:25: Thyme: If I may..
    01:25: Kalannar: of course
    01:25: Devrel: Thyme?
    01:26: Thyme: I have many partys and plan them for people as well. Everyone WANTS to give to a charity. but there are none that actually stand for anything. This, I think would work wonders for morale, Id like to be a part of this.. Big time.
    01:26: Amoq wonders if there is a spy present
    01:27: Thyme: Would be a great start to us working together!
    01:27: Windguaerd: I must say that the only way I think we can do this financially...and hold the shocked expressions...is to raise at least 300 Million, and give it to Mr. Devrel to make the arragements through his business.
    01:27: Devrel: Very well. Are there any nominations for a project leader to study the viability of this?
    01:27: Phikia: Has anyone investigated the cost of resoration versus building a new Great Society from Scratch?
    01:28: Phikia: Why 300 Million?...where does that estimae come from?
    01:28: Ensignm: I like to add something
    01:28: Devrel: Ensignm?
    01:28: Calautica request the floor
    01:28: Darktidexxx shouts: I think Commander Winguaerd should lead such an effort as it is his idea and he has already been planning things out
    01:29: Ensignm: We are talking about the FA as if there's already such a thing there's not!...
    01:29: Phikia: HERE HERE!...
    01:29: Windguaerd: A rouch estimate, we're talking buildings, streets...some demolition required, building materials, hired workers, 300 is a rough assesment.
    01:29: Ensignm: let's first make one then talk about what to do.
    01:29: Phikia: Excellent
    01:30: Phikia: But Again I PLEAD for a response to the question of who or what does FA represent and in what official capacity
    01:30: Windguaerd: Restoration is not viable, only rebuilding is from what I can see, and Athen is my home, I've looked at the ruins for a long time.
    01:30: Ensignm: 3305 Local will not commit resources to a shaddy committee with no real power.
    01:30: Phikia nods to windguard
    01:30: Devrel: Very well. Ensignm. You mentioned a charter
    01:30: Kalannar: I disagree..why is it we need to make a charter..to make a 'club' to belong to..its not necessary..we as clans dont need to be affiliated with anything official to make things happen
    01:31: Taranicole: one person at a time please
    01:31: Phikia: All a free & democratic society IS is a BIG CLUB in effect
    01:31: Ensignm: We already have a CCL Kalanhar, we don't need another.
    01:31: Kalannar: Agreed
    01:31: Calautica mumbles about respecting the floor
    01:31: Ensignm: We need an organization that can lead the people!
    01:31: Nursebetti agrees
    01:32: Ensignm: That can only be done with a clear and solid charter.
    01:32: Kalannar: then perhaps a simple charter for this effort then
    01:32: Ensignm: No, we need an organization who can step in if the CoT will crumble under it's own indecision.
    01:33: Zensia: I would be in support of a well written FA Charter to be signed by full member guilds. I would like to see the FA open to all clan guilds, even those who do not sign the charter however.
    01:33: Ensignm: and the CoT will crumble we all see the first signs
    01:34: Ensignm: Let's bring unity to the clans it's long overdue.
    01:34: Windguaerd: Lets make it clear. Not all trust Devrel. And not all know if they are willing to support or participate in FA, it requires an amount of commitment. Since my proposal is non-military, I think we should take on this first united effort, see how well we work together, and based on the results...we take it from there.
    I intend to once again bring up my proposal, this time to the new Council of Truth at the first opportunity possible.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Mar 2nd, 2004 at 21:46:10.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Oh the memories!
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Well you did a good job. I'm a big fan of that rather spiffy tree on OA hill now.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

(( So it was you who made OA a laghell???? ))
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    (( So it was you who made OA a laghell???? ))
    Ok ok! I'll take the blame BUT...

Remember that I made the proposal 4 years ago, and back then the most populated clan city was Tir, and OA was a LOT less crowded.