Thread: Weapons need a massive overhaul!!

Unhappy Weapons need a massive overhaul!!

There are lots of weapons in the shops, they are cool looking and futuristic, I like them.

But when you look at the stats... well... there are only one or two viable weapons for each category, and this is a waste of stuff!! This makes every char almost identical in the weapon choices, and doesnt give an option if you want to stay competitive in both PvP and PvM.

This situation needs to be fixed!! FC, you MUST improve the stats in a lot of weapons if you want to see them around.

I play a 1HE Enforcer (I know, 2HB is the way to go, but I like my pair of Rider Execs and I have only one choice...

Right now there are very few ways to balance weapons out without making them identical. The key is to make more weapons with various types of damage or abilities. For instance - if the low damage stun glove actually stunned your opponent for a few seconds - it might actually be worth something! Or if the glue gun actually GLUED your opponent down, it might actually be worth something! Or, if the staves/staffs increased your nano skills, it might actually be worh something! OR, if you could make ultra fast weapons (like .25 attack / recharge that actually worked) - even though they might do low damage - it might actually be worth something!

As it is now, you want the highest damage with weapons around a 2.50 attack and recharge time at most. Beams being the exception. The weapons have to have high max damage - because otherwise at higher levels, they will only do minimum damage to mobs. As heavy weapons - the flashpoint and steiner rifles are worthless because their damage is too small for their recharge time in PvM. It's supposed to be a heavy armor damaging weapon - but a enforcer beam which recharges and hits faster does far more damage. The nova flow which has low attack and recharge rates is also a far better weapon, the damage over time it does is more then significantly higher. If these 'heavy weapons' are to work - their stats also need to be significantly raised. I can understand pvp concerns - but that really can be dealt with at a later time - these weapons need stats and/or abilities that justify their name/intended purpose.

NO NEW WEAPONS.... there are enough of them.. make *most* current weapons viable
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Why don't professions like Fixers, Soldier and Enforcers have the selection of viable weapons like Agents and Traders?

Agreed. If you are a Soldier you really have only one choice. Get a nowa flow and maby a flashpoint for the specials. I have spent thousands of credits on guns that are worthless. Only to have to sell them back to the booth for about 5% of what I paid. There are a lot of guns that if the stats were better we would have a better choice. We dont need new ones IMO, just better stats on the ones we already have in the shops.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01