Thread: Council of Truth Clerks Encourage Clan Participation at Rally

Council of Truth Clerks Encourage Clan Participation at Rally

Council of Truth Clerks Encourage Clan Participation at Rally
    Frank Levinson McRae

Tir -- (FJRK) –- The clerical staff of the Council of Truth held an information rally in Tir earlier today, urging Clans who have not yet done so to send representatives to take part in the revised Council and thereby let their voices be heard.

In the evening hours, Rubi-Ka Standard Time (RST), several dozen Clan members amassed at the Whompas in Tir to listen to the speeches given by three of the Council of Truth’s clerks, the purpose of which was to help spread the message that the reborn Council is truly a council for all members of the Clans.

Cathern "Vixentrox" Flowers, President of Clan Whisper’s Edge, was the first of the Clerks to speak.

"Greetings to all! My name is Cathern Flowers, President of Whisper's Edge and a member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.

Today, I'd like to speak to you a bit about the origins of the Council of Truth and how my own views have been shaped over time towards this institution. To learn anything, one must start at the beginning.

The first stirrings of a unified Clan leadership started April 28, 29374, when Clan forces blew up four notum operations in a coordinated strike, killing both security forces and miners. Notum shipments were reduced by 13% costing Omni-Tek Corporation billions of credits.

Of course, Omni-Tek demanded that Clan leaders turn over those responsible. They were given a week to turn their brethren over or else! The deadline came and went without Clan leaders turning over their kinsmen.

On May 17, 29374, Omni-Tek invades Tir and arrests the assembled Clan leaders taking part in their first unified Clan council. These leaders were deported and incarcerated off-world. This was really in my mind when the birth of the Council of Truth took place. Historians consider the next day to be the day that the second Rubi-kan Civil War began.

Now let's jump forward a bit to 29396. This is the year that the Council of Truth is officially formed. It is formed against the backdrop of civil war and the Corporate Wars, which started in 23989. From this time forward, Omni-Tek began to deal with the Council as the Clan governing body. The Council of Truth was never fully trusted by the corporation but that was to be expected after continuous fighting through the years.

This my friends is the early history of the Council of Truth. As you can see, it was born of both struggle and necessity. Today is little different. Low-grade warfare continues. Rumours of another possible Corporate War can still be heard. Like it or not, the ICC is still the only thing that prevents our total annihilation by the might of hyper-corporations.

The Clans are divided again with no one to represent them before the ICC or before Omni-Tek. The Tir Accord can be safely assumed to be non-binding now. The former members of the Council have all departed for whatever reason. I must confess, a few years ago I fought against the edicts of the Council, as they never seemed to truly represent many of the smaller Clans that exist. Pleas and cries for reform, for action on public works, law and order, military, fell on deaf ears. Many cheered when the last Council fell. I was among them.

Now the time is ripe again for the Council to reform. THIS time however, we want greater representation from the populace. Not just the great Clans like New Dawn, Terra Firma, and Lord Galahad's Knights, but representatives of the minor Clans like Storm, 3305 Local, Lost Chapter, Valor Eternal, and a host of others. Now is the time for our voices to come together in the halls of Council of Truth building! Now is the time for your Clan to achieve representation in the new Council! Together we can build a better future for ourselves and be prepared for when the lease expires."
    Following Ms. Flowers was Janae "Tussa" Godfray, President of Clan Assembly.

"Fellow clansmen and women!

My name is Jenae Godfray. I stand before you today as a young clanner, one that wasn't even born on Rubi-Ka. I came here for a reason and that was to help fight the battle against the Omni-Tek Corporation, a fight that takes place on many venues. Why did I do that? What was it that called me and so many others to come to Rubi-Ka, to a place of insecurity and eternal struggle? What is it that makes us clans? I ask you today, people, why are we Clans...and why must we continue to be Clans?

The answer is simple, my friends. We are not Clanners because we choose to, but because it is our duty as thinking individuals! We say what we want without having a corporate watchdog breathing down our necks! And we must continue to do so, to be heard. Henry Radiman recently said that the time of rebirth is upon us. We are no longer oppressed and enslaved and we never will be again. Our reasons are different now than they were two hundred years ago. We are free and we live good lives. We have risen to the occasion. Yet, we fail to work together!

Peace comes with a price, and that price is to continuously work to remove Omni-Tek's hold on this planet that we all call our home. Some believe that a council that can speak the voice of many clans against the corporate dog that is Omni-Tek will help that process speed up. We must find the fire and the passion that is a trademark of the clans and use it to be heard!

We will be heard, because we are this planets children, and we want acknowledgement both from Omni-Tek Corporation and the ICC! We will be heard, because it is our duty to ensure this planet is a good home to the future generations! We will be heard, because we are a proud people who refuse to give up, no matter the size of our opponent. From every hill and every forest...from every lush field and dry desert on Rubi-Ka, our message stands clear - We will be heard!

The new Council of Truth offers a venue for clans to speak their mind and find their way to unified strength. It is a process that will take time, and one that is not easily done. But together we will rebuild what once was. We will be heard!"
    The final speech of the evening was given by Maximillian "Foxferal" Sionnach, President of The Mockers.

" When I got an invite to work with the Council of Truth, I was a bit sceptical at first. But then it became more and more clear to me that the Council of Truth, is exactly what we, as proud and free Clans, need at present, and for future purposes.

The Council of Truth, a focal point for the Clans, a forum for our political ideas; a room for us where we can make our voice heard; a place, where we can create the agenda of the future; for the sake of our future, for our children, for freedom.

This is your chance to effect our future together. Talk to your Clan leaders, ask them to send a representative to register with the Council of Truth, so that they can participate in future meetings, and make the voice of you, and your Clan, heard.

For the sake of the clans, for our future, for our children, for freedom! Show that you support The Council of Truth; that you support the Clan cause; that you support our future together; that you support a life in prosperity and freedom!"
    Despite the three speakers' efforts at making their point to the crowd, not all seemed convinced.

"The Clans are supposed to stand for unity, something we completely lack!" Exclaimed Carl "Lurai" Shone, a unit member of Clan Avatars Reloaded, as he addressed the three speakers. "You all preach of needing freedom, but if you haven't looked out your windows lately, Athen and Tir are both free standing cities! If we were oppressed, we would have Omni-Tek attack carriers knocking at our door! The idea of oppression and rebellion has been twisted and made perverse for the sole purpose of giving us reason to hate each other. Peace exists! We just make it less effective by attacking the enemy!"

And while only a handful of Clan members shared Mr. Shone's view, those who the Clerical Staff sought most to sway into participation seemed moved by the speeches.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych, newly appointed President of Clan Valor Eternal, was one such person. According to Ms. Stych, Valor Eternal has yet to send a representative to the Council of Truth, though, after the speeches, she did admit that "it's a nice ideal. I'll have to think about this more."

While most of the spectators seemed to focus on the actual Council itself, others, like Katelin "Elphe" Boothby of Vengeance of the Clans, underscored the true need for a renewed effort by stating that "unless the Clans organize and agree on one purpose we are going to be taken over by Omni-Tek. Right now, we're just random mobs fighting more with one another than against the Corporation!"

For those that are interested in making their voices part of the chorus of Clans that join the Council of Truth daily, the Clerical Staff have set up a forum for discussion, which can be accessed here. The Clerks are also a veritable fountain of information, and have urged those interested to contact them with any questions.

Yes, please contact any of the Clerical staff members for more information or look on the gridsite.

http://www.clan-assembly.org/cot/

(This is an effort on both Atlantean and Rimor. Additionally, the Clans New Dawn and Terra Firma refer to the NPC Clans, not the player clans that were linked)
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

And, to make it easier for those interested in contacting any of the Clerical Staff, send a private comm to either:

Tussa
    Foxferal
    Vixentrox
    Windguaerd
    Cogs
    Caid

In addition: The Clerical Staff do NOT set the CoT agenda. That will be solely up to the Clans representatives that ultimately make up the body of the CoT.
    The Clerical Staff may or may not be representatives of their guilds at a future time, but do NOT at present speak on behalf of any Clan whatsoever.
    We are merely a vessel to facilitate the coming about of the CoT, and easing the practical process along. We hold NO power, and NO permit to speak on behalf of the clans.
    What we can and will answer to , is questions regarding the practical layout and rules adapted in forming the new CoT, in addition we provide the aforementioned gridsite to accomodate those interested.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

And for the Rimor chamber, the clerical staff is represented by:

Redstalker
    Tinkertrish
    Ceslenda
    Sallust
    Violax