Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soldier Nano bug - Please Fix

yes it does reflect 60 points of damage, which incidentley means you dont take 60 points of damage. does it not? test it ? low damage hits on it wont reflect the full 60 points, as stated Im pretty certain it wont bring a hit below the mininum damage for that mob/player. I'll go test it when I'm done posting this and write back for sure. May take a while.

for the record, I don't care how they do it, I just want my soldier to be the tank/damage dealer he deserves to be =)
    I don't think you need worry about a soldier having anywhere near the same HPs as your good selfs Enforcers.
    But please dont shoot down our attempts to get improvements.

You wouldnt like it if I started a thread about you NOT getting rage fixed would you?

*dons flame retardent suit*

P.S. Cloud what gives you the right to call me a fool and a liar ?

EDIT yes I had heard of the mongo bug, I'm not sure of the specifics as I don't play a PvP Enforcer. Hardly makes me a newb does it =P
    You can cast mongo and then wait for it to fill up recast and off you go. I belive Enfs try to have mongo running at all time during PvP. aye?
    Last edited by Ebonezer Good; May 15th, 2002 at 01:06:36.

No yes Yes, im sorry about that and Yup I do keep it running.

I dont see it reflecting dmg off me, just a "damage" shield.

Just realised how far off topic this thread has got DOH.
    Anyways, I grabbed an agent friend and let him shoot me up for a while, he was running FP enforcer.
    Agent was weilding a stigma. He crits for 1.3k or so on leets

His attack rating remain constant throughout, he was unbuffed.

I was unbuffed other than an essence. Had 4k HPs. I kept my agg/def bar at just under 50% throughout.

Let him shoot me a few times and he scored crits of 528.

I then had him cast babaric blades on me (+25 shield ac)
    http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=55747

crits were reduced to 520....
    Which makes no sense to me.

neither of us fancied staying in the arena long enough to do a few hundred non-crit shots, maybee someone with more time on there hands can?

For a bit of fun I asked random people what they thought Enfs generally said no or very little damage absorbed.
    advents generally said yes.
    and the lone engineer said he didn't care.
    *shrug*
    so I petitioned, had some young ark tell me he had no idea but would ask for me.
    Still had no further answer from him by the time I logged.

No real conclusion to be drawn from this =/

/me opens a tun of choc chip and COOKIE dough ice cream !

Cozmic, if your out there, Maybee you could ask the devs What shield AC is supposed to do ? and then ask them what it actually does.

ON TOPIC !
    Soldiers need some luvin =) The soldier community is at last getting more vocal about its problems. Please don't try and stop us from seeking improvments to our class.
    Last edited by Ebonezer Good; May 15th, 2002 at 05:53:55.

Originally posted by Meligant

Thanks CZ. Anything that opens some discussion on the unused and over NCUed nano lines would be great.
    Ahem, Cosmik.

Ok, I've got some answers for you. Firstly, the AC modifier of Phalanx is being increased from 60 to 350. On top of this, the NCU cost is being reduced from 44 NCU to 4 NCU. This will be added in one of the next few patches.

Secondly, yes, the issue with Titan Physique and Survivor's Resilience is a bug. Now, we don't want to nerf Titan Physique, but Survivor's Resilience is in touch with how that nano line should be constructed, so we are currently discussing what steps to take to fix this for the best. I'll keep you updated on this one.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cosmik

Ahem, Cosmik.

Ok, I've got some answers for you. Firstly, the AC modifier of Phalanx is being increased from 60 to 350. On top of this, the NCU cost is being reduced from 44 NCU to 4 NCU. This will be added in one of the next few patches.

Secondly, yes, the issue with Titan Physique and Survivor's Resilience is a bug. Now, we don't want to nerf Titan Physique, but Survivor's Resilience is in touch with how that nano line should be constructed, so we are currently discussing what steps to take to fix this for the best. I'll keep you updated on this one.
    That sounds great Cosmik, that you will keep us uppdated, hopefuly more than as the pvp formula

oh my god.
    /me drops dead.
    wow we got an improvement !
    I didn't think it would ever happen.
    I think every week or so we need to post the other problems with our nano line hehe
    Thanks Cozmic
    /me open jumbo sized cookie jar, there yah go mate.

Ahem, Cosmik.

Thanks a lot Cosmik! I'll try to remember your the sexier one

PS - Thanks for the quick turn around too.

Hmm Ill keep any eye out on this post, improved hp buffs? Dont get too good eh?

Just because our hp buffs are about half of the enforcers hp buffs it doesn't mean that they are bad. Titan Physique is still +400 odd hp, and +400 is better than nothing when you don't have an enforcer around.

I wouldn't mind if the top two hp buffs were increased a little, but not to the extent that they become better than EoB. As a soldier I know how it feels when other professions become better than you at your own class defining feature, so making soldier buffs better than enforcers will just stir up more anger.

It would be nice if the soldier hp buffs had some sort of fancy side effect tho. Nothing major or anything, but just something to add a little flavour. Essence has size and str/stam modifiers, doc buffs has a slow HoT on them etc. Just a visual effect other than the two white circles crossed over my chest would go a long way.

Yer higher level HP buff is broken because FunCom thought the regen boost would actually matter. Notice that the higher level nano has a Heal Delta of 3 and the lower has a Heal Delta of only 2? Somewhere along the line FunCom dropped almost all percentages in the game to improve server performance and instead of healing 3% faster you get a whopping 3 more health every time you auto-regen health.

The difference between your HP buffs and the Enforcer's is that the Soldiers were supposed to represent a 'superhuman' type of effect. You were supposed to be healing your wounds faster than regular people. The slightly lower hitpoint gain would be offset by an increased natural healing ability netting in an overall more effective nanoformula.

The nanoformula database if FULL of garbage like this. Here's another:

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=30095

level 90 nanoformula taking up 28(!!!) NCU that adds a stinking 12 nano everytime you naturally regen nano. It might actually take more nano to cast it than it regenerates over 45 minutes.

It's an area of lost opportunity for the nanoformula designers. Unlike a Humidity Extractor which has an active component ("you got nano from ....") or an HoT ("You were healed by ..."), both the Health and Nano regen boosters work on the normal passive regen 'tick' which has two distinguishing characteristics.

Firstly, it's slower than either the HE or HoT ticks. Nice tradeoff to be gained there. Secondly, each regens more if you are 'resting' (sitting down).

I'd like to see FunCom look at all items and Nanos that affect HealDelta and NanoDelta and reevaluate them for both NCU cost and effect while active and sitting.

A Soldier who is under the effect of 'an improved' 'Soothing Calm' (the Crat nano listed above) might not get a ton of Nano while fighting (but still a little), but when he sits down to wait out recharge on his MK shield he might notice a true movement in his Nanopool bar. Likewise his health bar would actually be seen moving if he has his own HP buff going. Both might be minor benefits, but still add to a teams efficiency in terms of Nanokits used by the Docs and the Soldier himself.

Change the HealDelta in the higher level Soldier formula listed above to '50' instead of '3' and it might be a start.

Soldier HP buff with firstaid boost?

The higher level HP buff has a healdelta of 3 and the lower has a healdelta of only 2. Looks like soldiers were to be supposed to heal themself faster (as mentioned by Bionitrous in the post before), but in gameplay these healdelta of 2/3 don't change much.

The HP nano line needs something unique the make people want it, why not add an first aid boost? First Aid is the only way a soldier can heal himself during a long hard fight (forget OneMoreHitHealing). Something that reduces the time between first aid usages and boost the first aid skill would help a lot.
    Last edited by Kottan; May 16th, 2002 at 12:44:01.
    Al "Kottan" Harnett
    Clan Soldier on RK1 (somewhere around Level 170
    K.O.T.T.A.N.: Kinetic Organism Trained for Troubleshooting and Accurate Nullification

Suggestions to make Soldiers less boring

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12