Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soldier Nano bug - Please Fix

Post Soldier Nano bug - Please Fix

Here is the bug:

Titan Physique: http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=29254

+416 Hit Points QL 113 (533 BM - 515 MC)

Survivor's Resilience: http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=95693

+361 Hit Points QL 139 (656 BM - 621 MC)

Maybe it's just me but it sure seems wierd that even IF a soldier upped his BM skill to use either of these that you would get penelized for raising it higher the 533 since the highest Nano raises your HP LESS.

Sounds like a bug to me.

PS - If a dev feels it necessary to double the HP increase values and hence making them almost useful while making this fix, i'm sure everyone would support the action as a good move.

On a side note: Please either add the missing "0" to the 60 in this nano or just delete it. http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=29245 It is really silly to spend all that effort in a team of soldiers to only get a 6 pt reduction in damage for ALL those NCUs.

Thanks.

PS - If a dev feels it necessary to double the HP increase values and hence making them almost useful while making this fix, i'm sure everyone would support the action as a good move.

Sorry thats for enforcers thnx

Originally posted by Cloudeh

Sorry thats for enforcers thnx
    LOL. If you had to wait until level 180 to be able to cast a +400 HP nano your profession would be toast

This game should not make eveyone dependant on outside buffs.

Im sure Soldiers have enough hp at that level, anyway, if it does take that long, the problem is?

so your saying, if you have to be lvl 180 to cast it, it should be something good?

Well, give everyone something good, Engies get elite slayers!
    Crats get uhh uhh uhhh uhh........O_o...

MP get a Angel heal pet.

Enforcers get some woot ass yo im gunna fwud you in the face Sub dementional Damaga diversion shield? Okay, A better HP buff, thats all we are "Im the punching bag"

Re: Soldier Nano bug - Please Fix

Originally posted by Meligant
    Here is the bug:

Titan Physique: http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=29254

+416 Hit Points QL 113 (533 BM - 515 MC)

Survivor's Resilience: http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=95693

+361 Hit Points QL 139 (656 BM - 621 MC)

Maybe it's just me but it sure seems wierd that even IF a soldier upped his BM skill to use either of these that you would get penelized for raising it higher the 533 since the highest Nano raises your HP LESS.

Sounds like a bug to me.

On a side note: Please either add the missing "0" to the 60 in this nano or just delete it. http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?...ano=1&id=29245 It is really silly to spend all that effort in a team of soldiers to only get a 6 pt reduction in damage for ALL those NCUs.

Thanks.

I'll look into the HP nanos. Thanks for that. I'll also discuss the AC nano with the nano designer and keep you posted on that front.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Re: Re: Soldier Nano bug - Please Fix

Originally posted by Cosmik

I'll look into the HP nanos. Thanks for that. I'll also discuss the AC nano with the nano designer and keep you posted on that front.
    Thanks CZ. Anything that opens some discussion on the unused and over NCUed nano lines would be great.

Soldiers AC nanos are severely underpowered. They need a boost, someone forgot a zero. AT also takes up way the hell too much NCU. A clear oversight.

Cloudeh is right on the HP, you guys are lucky you have a HP buff at all. Enforcers don't have a reflect shield, we have a damage shield. I want our damage shield to do appropriate reflect values, if you guys get more HP.

But then, what are you left with?

Soldiers, excellent reflect, OK HP buffs. TMS.
    Enforcers, excellent HP buffs, OK reflect. Mongo.

Sounds kinda boring to me.

Your best HP buff right now is half as good as our best. Do we have a reflect shield that's half as good as yours? Nope, we don't have any.

Again, it's our class defining ability. Don't go giving it away willy-nilly.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by Arinia
    Soldiers AC nanos are severely underpowered. They need a boost, someone forgot a zero. AT also takes up way the hell too much NCU. A clear oversight.

Cloudeh is right on the HP, you guys are lucky you have a HP buff at all. Enforcers don't have a reflect shield, we have a damage shield. I want our damage shield to do appropriate reflect values, if you guys get more HP.

Your best HP buff right now is half as good as our best. Do we have a reflect shield that's half as good as yours? Nope, we don't have any.

Sounds like someone is jealous that soldiers are finally getting the attention they deserve. IF you're referring to TMS then you're just like everyone else. Oh yeah soldiers have TMS they're gods... yeah thats pretty much all we have goin for us right now. Have a gander at the soldier boards to see whats wrong with us, I'm too lazy to type the list. TMS isn't all that...
    These are the moments we'll remember for the rest of our restless lives.

something smells funny here

Originally posted by Arinia

You call our hp buffs ok????

Which planet are you on? None of our hp line of buffs are worth the ip points you have to sink into BM to use them. Hp is the only line that uses BM.

Other profs have far better hp buffs so why on earth should we consider putting ip into yet another blue nano skill (atrox soldiers have blue/dark blue nano skills)?

I hope you didnt mean this seriously... titan gives 413 hp....essence alone gives you far more!

With behemoth and team hp + Lifechanneler (and mk II armor), I am close to 8.5k hp. Having gotten those buffs I have used up 1/4 of my ncus for hp buffs only......

Do you honestly think I would waste 500+ skill points in BM to get 413 more?

Too many other things to sink ip into....
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Cloudeh you worried soldiers might come close to the tanking abilitys of a enforcer?
    Lets take a look at the buffs a soldier and enforcer can be expected to cast.

Enforcer:

Essensce of behemoth 1K hps and a useful +27 to str/stam

Failing Impregnability layers 745 of them

infernal rage absorbs 95 points of damage from each hit
    and breaks roots + small dot

Coruscating Screen Absorbs 60 points of damage + 479 Hps
    little bit of ac

Mongo crush adds around 2k max hps and a very nice
    HoT

Soldiers

reactive reflective 30% reflect

Heavy Assault shield 530ac

titans physique 400hps

precognition 55 to evades Woot !

so enforcers can add around 3500 hps shield 155 points of damage from every hit and have a layer that refreshs itself for 745........

Soldiers can add 400 hps and 55 to evades the reflect shield has the net effect of adding 30% to his hps

say a level 150 enforcer and soldier has 5k hps using above nanos
    the enforcer will have 8500 + sheild line + HOT + breaking roots/canceling hostiles + 745 of layers

The soldier will have 7020 hps (taking into account shield) + 530 to ac +55 to evades.

I havent started this as a flame Cloudeh, I have a lot of respect for you really I do =)

Its just that out and out soldiers have weaker nanos lines, also our nano lines dont scale properly.
    Enforcers really do have it all, also your offensive/OE nanos are superior to the soldier equivelent.
    beam/hammer weilders already outdamage soldiers. seen an Enforcer kill a similar level soldier through his mirror and enforcer was still at 80%

IMO soldiers should be an equal tank to enforcers, they currently aint.

DONT say "but you got mirror", as you well know mirror is not going to save the doc most likely it will get the doc killed. For those who dont know, there is no way for a soldier to taunt with mirror up.
    Also in PvP mirror aint all its cracked up to be either, we are any rooting classes ***** after all

disclaimer : enforcers are a balanced (ok rage is broke but thats fixed soon) I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THEY SHOULD BE NERFED, just soldiers need a fix or ten. Don't try and shoot down our requests for our nano lines to be fixed please.

EDIT
    sorry I forgot about Soldiers worthless healing nano 200-300 damage healed 1.3 attack and 2.7 recharge. ok at low levels but yet again its another nano that doesnt scale correctly (in this case not at all)
    Also I think enforcers get more hps per level as well, not saying soldiers should get as much but just saying.
    Last edited by Ebonezer Good; May 15th, 2002 at 05:48:10.

putting it another way.
    Also as stated previous enforcers can raise shield ac to 155 using best buffs.
    Soldiers can absorb 30% of damage.

Say your tanking a mob that hits for 400 damage average.

Soldiers reflect will bring that down to 307 damage.

Enforcers shield ac will bring it down to 245 damage.

The reflect shield only starts to absorb more damage than enforcers shields at over 600 average damage.

EDIT maybee I was wrong Maybee Im right, see post further down

/me sighs
    Last edited by Ebonezer Good; May 15th, 2002 at 05:49:54.

Re: something smells funny here

Originally posted by Beartwo

You call our hp buffs ok????
    Your best HP buff being half as good as ours is very reasonable. Perhaps the cost is a bit high, but perhaps FC never intended you to use HP buffs at all until very high levels. I don't know about that part. I DO know that the amount of HP they buff should not increase at all, no matter what. For the amount they buff, compared to ours, it's reasonable. The skill requirements may need a look. But I don't think you should be able to self cast the highest one until we can self cast behemoth (getting up near 160).

I hope you didnt mean this seriously... titan gives 413 hp....essence alone gives you far more!
    Behemoth essence is 996. About twice as much.

Enforcers' best reflect shield is about half as good as... er... wait, we don't have a reflect shield. That's right!

With behemoth and team hp + Lifechanneler (and mk II armor), I am close to 8.5k hp. Having gotten those buffs I have used up 1/4 of my ncus for hp buffs only......
    With no MKII armor, 250 token board, and 175ish life implants, I self buff to 7100 HP with mongo.

7100 + 1800 x 3 (mongos HoT over 60 seconds) = 12500 HP over the course of 60 seconds.

You have TMS which is, with only 5k base HP, is 20,000 effective HP over the course of about 60 seconds. Not to mention that your shield hits the attacker back for damage.

My point is not to say Soldiers don't need attention. They do. I just think that you are looking in the wrong direction. You're looking for something to make your class more interesting/fun to play. Enforcers are just as boring as soldiers to play, we just have the aggro management to keep us busy.

You need something that doesn't infringe on other classes' class-defining abilities. HP is all we have. We survive by having more HP for the enemy to eat through. You survive by not taking the damage in the first place. That's the way they designed us. Extrapolate from that, don't ask for other classes' abilities.

PS: I also highly doubt that Soldiers HP buffs stack with doc HPs and essence. Unless they are the same line as the HPs from enforcers shields? I can't test as I don't know a soldier with HP buffs.

PPS: Enforcers "shield AC" doesn't work the way "Ebonezer Good" describes it. Or at least I don't think it does. If it does, it's the best-kept secret in the AO enforcer realm
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

it does I assure you.
    Only point is I don't think it will bring a mobs hits to under min damage, not an issue on real means/ace/vets as they will never be hitting for min damage.

I will try and test this to see if it does bring hits below min
    damage.

Now then where did I put that bracer of shielding hrm...

My bad, I read it wrong.

"modify target shield melee damage 60 " means 60 less melee damage on every hit, you are correct (as far as I can tell, that is )
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer

FYI -

Soldier HP buff line and the Enforcer line DO NOT STACK.

however, the soldier line does stack with the DOC Long term HP buff line but not the short (2 min) line.

Hope that helps.

Our hp buff line gives us ....

very little at all...and for me BM is a dark blue skill that is not used for anything else.

So I`ll leave well anough alone....BM is a useless skill except for hp buffs...and since other professions do it so much better.

I am not asking for a better hp buff...I dont need it.

What I do need is something to up my atk rating (infuse Assault and Ranged energy), Heavy weapon buffs....

As it is now...we arent masters of anything except our shield.

I want that to change!

Traders should not outdamage us with ranged weaponry! and getting a high atk rating should be easy for us...!!!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Thumbs up

Yes indeed this bugs SHOULD be corrected. Thank you Meligant for bringing attention for this.
    And Arinia may just STFU. Becouse of ppl like you professions get more nerfs instead of improves. Now go to agent forum and start whinning becouse agent can kill you with his aimed shot in one hit past 14.2 lol

Now now, to be fair Arinia is only trying to protect her proffs turf. Unfortunately for soldiers every time we ask for luvin all the other proffs jump in to protect their turf and the end result for us is more nerfs instead of luvin.

oh and as for the enforcer damage shields, I'm pretty sure they don't lessen the damage you take at all. I think .

As for enforcer's being "the" tanks in ao. That's no good, enforcer's shouldn't be superior as tanks to soldiers, or MA's. All three proffs should be a viable choice when a team needs a tank, and it just ain't so atm. You will never, ever, see a team saying "team of 5 looking for a tank, enforcer, soldier, or ma.", the enforcer is always 100% 1st choice as a team's tank.

Really, we don't want our hp buffs to be as good as enforcer hp buffs. But as they are now, they are NOT worth the ip needed to cast them. And to top it off they're bugged with the top 2 hp buffs being inferior to the 3rd best. And even if they did make our hp buffs equal, we still wouldn't have mongo. Hell, the enforcer damage shield gives more hp's then the soldier hp buff line.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ebonezer Good
    [B]Cloudeh you worried soldiers might come close to the tanking abilitys of a enforcer?
    Lets take a look at the buffs a soldier and enforcer can be expected to cast.

Enforcer:

Essensce of behemoth 1K hps and a useful +27 to str/stam

YUP, We are the HP buffing Class Fewl .

Failing Impregnability layers 745 of them

Once, when its used take out of NCU memory.

infernal rage absorbs 95 points of damage from each hit
    and breaks roots + small dot

Nope, thats a lie, its 95 DMG! No absorb.

Coruscating Screen Absorbs 60 points of damage + 479 Hps
    little bit of ac

Lie again, Reflect 60 point of Dmg not absorb

Mongo crush adds around 2k max hps and a very nice
    HoT

Have you done it during pvp, its bugged to ****ery, If you have 2k hp, that means people can crit you for 800 more, which hasnt been filled up, oh you are the newb.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soldiers

reactive reflective 30% reflect
    Nice

Heavy Assault shield 530ac

Not much good

titans physique 400hps

So? your not an enforcer! give us reflect if you get that!

precognition 55 to evades Woot !
    Better than nothing.

Id lust like to say enforcer and Soldiers should be equal, but no class is the same, you have the uber and crap proffession.

Soldier and Enfocer SHOULD have ruled the playing field.
    MA should be between both classes so u there aswell.

Sucks dont it?

Soldier shold have been the Weapons expert.
    Enforcer should have been the melee alternative.

To be honest, if you change the Soldier that will make any difference at all, make sure you keep enforcer up there.

One thing, Everytime I make a new character, no matter what, same with my brother, I always end up being a tank, as a metter of fact My Soldier blizzaga usually tanks for a team nowadays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast