Thread: HYPER AGGROING MOBS, or am I somehow doing something wrong?

Unhappy HYPER AGGROING MOBS, or am I somehow doing something wrong?

Is anyone else having this problem? Every mission for the last 10 missions or so, the mobs have all been full aggro, and pulling one from a main room often gets me the rest of the rooms critters, plus adds from any door nearby! Last night I started combat with a mob, only to get jumped by 3 adds from 5 rooms away!
    /me runs screaming for the hills
    Sydney06, Fixer rk2

Shop smart, shop SydMart.

Re: HYPER AGGROING MOBS, or am I somehow doing something wrong?

Originally posted by Syd Janus
    Is anyone else having this problem? Every mission for the last 10 missions or so, the mobs have all been full aggro, and pulling one from a main room often gets me the rest of the rooms critters, plus adds from any door nearby! Last night I started combat with a mob, only to get jumped by 3 adds from 5 rooms away!
    /me runs screaming for the hills
    If you are doing single missions, try this. It worked for me, and I was having probs w/agro in single missions:

1. Wait until only 1 mob is within site/range
    2. Pull mob to entrance.
    3. Go into the front corner of the entrance, so the mob has to turn from its "flight path" in order to attack you. It should then stay in main room.

****D****
    *......m....y*
    *...............*
    *...............*
    *...............*
    ****E****

Kinda like that, where D = door to main room, E = entrance to mission, y = you, and m = mob. The mob should be forced to turn around and move toward you a bit, thereby interrupting its flight plan.

:]

Thanks for the reply, this post was starting to feel like an outcast!

I'm not seeing the Mobs in mission with their agg bar all the way over as much lately.

I do something similar to that, but i usually stand right in front of the exit door, in case i need to zone to save myself. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks for the time you put into drawing that out!
    Sydney06, Fixer rk2

Shop smart, shop SydMart.