Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Agent Wish List

Ugh, a lot of ideas about improved dammage, some stupid some imposible.
    Mean Assassinate & DS perks - if they are doable at 50% of target HP it should be extreamly Nerfous in PvP mode, think before wish somethin)

Better rifles - cool , but it will never happend I think.
    Better nanos (Ruse 4 with Crit Decrease) - same
    Better Mimics (20 min Hostile + 20 min friendly) - same
    One more idea by me for adddamage
    Multiple AS if you arnt agroed in team, if solo use "The Repressor" (need to work in solo) target is blinded for 1-2, time to aim and AS. It will decide all problems with Damage, Im sure. Everyone can decide wich weapon to use SPS - often ASs or Joy harder normal hits and rare ASs.

No new rifles, no new nanos. But the decision is in FC devs
    Last edited by Scope755; Jun 1st, 2004 at 10:35:07.
    Scope755 General of Mercenaries
    Terror755 Veteran of ShadowBreed Inc

Atlantean

-Fix our damage output. (In the Dev transcript it was said that agents are the number two damage dealers out of all the professions but yet we get outdamaged by classes that were below us on the list).

-Adjust perk scaling.

-Hire new graphics designers for rifles (I don't know what you guys were thinking with the Perennium Sniper, it looks like a big blue phalic symbol, think Barret M82 graphic!).

-More agent only rifles (Someone suggested a Rifle that works like the Cyberdeck for Nano Techs and give an effect like -nano % cost reducer).

-Adjust the damage on the Joy of the Hunt from 200-400 (300) Attack 2.0s to 300-500(500) Attack 1.0s if you truely want the agent profession to be damage dealers. (for a rare rifle and being a pain to obtain the damage is laughable compaired to weapons like the Syndicate Messenger Gun).

-Ruse 4 with Evades or Critical Decrease (Ruse 3 makes us so tiny and yet you guys have never come to a conclusion that monsters and NPC characters may not have trouble spotting us? Evades and/or critical decrease bonus only makes sense).

-Stronger DOTs (Our DOTs are very feeble and it would be nice for the Dev team to develop the DOTs some more. Maybe another strain or faster damaging DOTs but shorter duration.

-Better SL nanos - (for the love of god those are the most sorry excuse for nanos I have ever seen, it was almost insulting).

-FIX THE CONCEAL BUG! (a long time on going problem that should have been addressed many MANY months ago).
    Last edited by Rezzner; Jun 6th, 2004 at 12:07:46.

Rezzner, 212 Agent of Midnight Reveries
    Opirezz, 108 Soldier
    Hateukthx, 14 Engineer

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

A few notes on the last couple posts..

1) JoTR can shoot a 10 second recharge AS in post 210 levels..

2) If you were referring to the rifle I mentioned that acted like cyberdeck does for NTs? I wasn't referring to a - nanocost. I said make it so that to put on the rifle you must be visual profession agent, and the rifle will have playshift requirements. Which means if you mimic it becomes 0% effective.

The rifle will also have a NanoFocus effect on it that would be required for the new agent lines of nanos such as the self rifle buff, self AS buff, self concealment/defense/run buff, and the ability to use the new NPC Only roots.

The buff nanos would have a long duration, but would also have an added effect on them that would prevent mimic'ing as long as you have them on you. Therefor balancing the fact when making the agent much more powerful in form of the agent, yet taking away mimic-ing abilities to be used at same time. Increased Damage/Survivability by sacrificing mimic while using it.

3) The problem with our DoT is not the damage or duration on it. The main problem with it right now is the fact it is hard to land being it is based against 100% nano resist and the fact that it costs 1431 nano for the top level one (delayed assassin). Damage on the DoT is fine, but since we only get one it wouldn't be too bad by giving the DoT a secondary effect on it.. that either blinds the target or reduces their range with a gun, or even reducing their defense/evades so we can land perks more efficiently.

and finally

4) Perk scaling does not need to be adjusted, it simply needs to be fixed. There is a current bug right now that keeps perks from getting more powerful as you get higher skills and perks in that line. Once that is working right then they will need no adjustments. The damage of an agent should be from their rifle mainly, not their perks.

Originally posted by Rezzner
    -Hire new graphics designers for rifles (I don't know what you guys were thinking with the Perennium Sniper, it looks like a big blue phalic symbol, think Barret M82 graphic!).
    The current graphic designers are fine. The Perennium Sniper looks exactly the same as the Nano-Charged rifle, which has been in the game since launch.

The new rifles look great, Longshot, Joy/Sancrosanct/Rebellion, that Beast thinger. Even the other Perennium weapons look pretty cool and futuristic.

Militaryman:

You know what I meant about the visual profession rifle. I just couldn't remember exactly what it was and I was too lazy to look.

Arlanon:

The Longshot is ugly, the Focus rifle/Joy rifle graphic is ok, but the purplish shade has to go. It looks too simplistic for a rifle, it almost looks like a gimped down verison of an H&K PSG-1. As for the Perennium Sniper, yeah I know the Nano Charged rifle has the same graphic but you never saw agents running around with those rifles because they were so horrible before the perennium modifications. I personally am a huge fan of the 2 old rifle graphics and for new graphics that would make rifles actually look like rifles instead of childish toys. Yeah, its trivial and there are more important things to be fixed but the huge blue phalic symbol isn't doing it for me

Opirezz, 108 Soldier
    Hateukthx, 14 Engineer

Main reason agents didnt run around with the nano charged rifle was because 1) it took ranged energy skill.. which we dont have buffs for and is just annoying to waste IP on and 2) the damage on it wasnt worth the waste in IP

hehe, that was a given MM

Opirezz, 108 Soldier
    Hateukthx, 14 Engineer

I know i'm going to regret saying this... but it's true none the less.

Even if they put in the most retarded looking rifle in the game.. it could look like a stick with a marshmellow on the end designed to poke mobs with.. but either way it dosent matter HOW it looks.. the main thing is that it does better damage then every other profession, I mean afterall.. that is what they say is supposed to be our role.

*watchs as the next patch notes include the only real option for an agent is to wield the marshmellow on a stick rifle.*

Want to add:

More agent agi / sense buffing items for agents.

It is unreasonably hard for anybody except opifex to equip ql 300 chosen agent armor and other professions get alot of profession ability boosting perks / armor enabling them to equip ql 300 for more or less all breeds.

Originally posted by Buffdispense
    Want to add:

It is unreasonably hard for anybody except opifex to equip ql 300 chosen agent armor and other professions get alot of profession ability boosting perks / armor enabling them to equip ql 300 for more or less all breeds.
    Bump for that, and i wanted to add..

UA Should also buff Sharp Objects for 120, and 30 Aimedshot
    the Assassin Perk line should add Sharp object skill aswell.

Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Want to add:

agreed. ive ranted about this a number of times.
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

Want to add:

Indeed. Best way imo is to extend the FG and ES nano lines. It really gets my goat that they made shades better at this and left agents in the dust.

Next we would need more sense/agility armor that matches Merlin etc.

i want more mimic profession availability
    the complete lack of being able to use *ANY* sl items or nanos or whatever, really does my head in
    simple solution for the SL nanos: (with a few exceptions, like regular RK nanos, engi and crat pets, etc)
    agent spec 4 = mimic spec 3
    agent spec 3 = mimic spec 2
    agent spec 2 = mimic spec 1

thus, we cant use the top nanos (not that we could anyway, ridiculous requirements) but we still get a little more availability to things in SL

imo, the false prof thing seems to be the entire point of an agent, and SL has abolished it
    the combat nanos have been given a 5 or 6s attack, making them nigh on useless in mimic prof, unless at full agg with several outside buffs, and even then its far from ideal

*edit*
    checked the requirements on our top end nanos as well? lol
    *recommended* breed for agent seems to be opi, and
    we're expected to get ~2050 MM MC and ~1750 SI?

yeah ...

nano technician
    nanomage, cyberdeck (+100 all nanoskills) int/psy/MC buff (+80 int/psy +15 MC)
    breed advantages, higher int, higher nanoskill caps
    green MC, not aqua/light blue
    highest nuke ~2050 MC

anyone spot the deliberate mistake?

is this some sick twisted joke? :|
    Last edited by Impeh; Jun 23rd, 2004 at 02:02:26.

I would like to see us being able to use higher level MP heal pet.. nothing on the scale of SL MP heal pets but something higher then Resitite.

but I love the idea on the SL mimic.

Opirezz, 108 Soldier
    Hateukthx, 14 Engineer

TS rifle is ****.

Should be 250-900(350) and 3/3s

Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

The problem with Fp Assume and Mimic

I have played this game on and off for 2 yrs. I tried it again a few months back and came back to what I think is the best I have ever seen this game. With that said however I have also come back to what seems to be the worst state I have seen the Agents in.

I play the Agents for the use of the False Prof nanos. Nothing is anywhere close to be as cool as that. The problem that I think exsist with them is a lack of use/understanding of there true purpose. The FP nanos start out as a cute and nice idea when you get the frst ones. Right off the bat however you notice that anything thats not semi permentant is going to be a complete waste of time while in FP state. So you have the best buffs in the game but thats about all besides the nice MP pets. The other problem is that your "own" nanos become useless with the -2000 casting speed unless its a 0.00 speed casting.

I have looked at the Assume Prof nanos scratch my head and go "WHY?!?" there seems to be no really difference expect the -1500 speed now "yippy.." and the -80 to skill (ouch!). Then theres the wonderful Mimic nanos the"true" version of this class. What sad however is by the time I can cast them all MP spells stop coming .

The questions I have for the dev is why are we stuck being a MP till the 150ish lvl when Mimics come into play and then why are we no longer allowed to use the Mp at all? I understand that "full" control of another classes nanos would or rather could make that prof seem less useful however the point of a Agent is to Mimic all other classes to a point. We are designed to be the ultimate copy cat/shaper shifter however in the current state of the game theres a real cap on how useful that is. Here follows are my ideas for "fixing"the FP-Mimic lines.

All the three False Prof lines need a remake. There needs to be a use or a limit placed in each one. One basic solution would be to modify the casting speed minus on all but put a set "cap" on whats castable by each FP nano class. For instance FP 1-80 Assume 80-150 Mimic 150-220+ This way you would have use a certain nano to cast a certain range of nanos. (These are just made up numbers btw nothing solid) This way you could lower the casting minus but you can only use a "lower" version of FP for so long.

Mp pet spells need to be allowed at lvls past the current "cap" its odd and very strange that there not.

Robot pets should be allowed to be casted by Agents. Now before ppl get upset remeber Agent pets no matter how uber a Agent is will still be behind. Also there could be a "limit" in the sense that when the Agent is not FPing the Robots "controller" line the pet simple ignores the Agent like a pet casted past a controllers abilty

Lower levels need to allowed to use heals and other aspects of FP like the Mimics do. The Nano really only comes alive past levle 150ish which is very far into the game.

False profession will no longer be supported by anything new... just thought you might want to know that.

As for request by Mattie

New nano lines for Visual Profession = Agent (all buffs in this section should have a component that prohibits the agent from casting a mimic nano.)

Rifle/Init/Crit Line (overwrites MA Crit buffs, overwrites init buffs on the line of Offensive Steamroller, and overwrites Snipers Bliss/UA lines..)

Training of the Assassin 100 rifle 80 ranged init 3% critical chance
    Requirements 520ish SI/PM level 100

Guidance of the Assassin 140 rifle 100 ranged init 4% critical chance
    Requirements 700ish SI/PM level 145

Steps of the Assassin 180 rifle 120 ranged init 5% critical chance
    Requirements 850ish SI/PM level 195

Path of the Assassin 200 rifle 140 ranged init 7% critical chance
    Requirements 1200ish SI/PM level 207

Form of the Assassin 250 rifle 180 ranged init 10% critical chance
    Requirements 1500ish SI/PM level 218

Aimed Shot/Critical/Damage Line (Overwrites the current Take the Shot line..)

Training of the Sniper 75 Aimed Shot 1% critical chance 30 damage
    Requirements 300ish SI/PM level 50

Guidance of the Sniper 100 Aimed Shot 2% critical chance 50 damage
    Requirements 550ish SI/PM level 100

Steps of the Sniper 180 Aimed Shot 5% critical chance 90 damage
    Requirements 800ish SI/PM level 185

Path of the Sniper 250 Aimed Shot 7% critical chance 140 damage
    Requirements 1300ish SI/PM level 209

Form of the Sniper 400 Aimed Shot 10% critical chance 200 damage
    Requirements 1700ish SI/PM level 219

Concealment/Defensive/Evade/Runspeed/Scale (Overwrites the current Ruse of Taran line..)

Form of Taran - Phase 1 200 Concealment 250 defensive 25 evades 190 run speed -10% scale
    Requirements 280 MM 240 MC 220 BM level 50 spec 1

Form of Taran - Phase 2 400 concealment 500 defensive 50 evades 380 run speed -15% scale
    Requirements 550 MM 520 MC 450 BM level 100 spec 2

Form of Taran - Phase 3 600 concealment 750 defensive 75 evades 570 run speed -25% scale
    Requirements 840 MM 820 MC 740 BM level 185 spec 3

Form of Taran - Phase 4 800 concealment 1000 defensive 100 evades 760 run speed -40% scale
    Requirements 1350 MM 1300 MC 1280 BM level 209 spec 4

Form of Taran - Phase 5 1000 concealment 1250 defensive 125 evades 950 run speed -60% scale
    Requirements 1850 MM 1800 MC 1600 BM level 220 spec 4

Slight change to current Damage buff line.. (overwrites Assassin's Grin/Fixer Damage buffs, and the self only agent damage buff.. this way to reduce the required NCU and boost overall preformance and need of that nano.. limiting the more powerful ones by level)

Training of the Executioner 10 Rifle 35 damage 5% range extension
    Requirements 265 MM 236 SI level 25

Guidance of the Executioner 15 Rifle 45 damage 8% range extension
    Requirements 456 MM 418 SI level 50

Steps of the Executioner 20 Rifle 5 Aimed Shot 1 concealment 60 damage 10% range extension
    Requirements 639 MM 574 SI level 100

Path of the Executioner 25 Rifle 15 Aimed Shot 10 Concealment 75 damage 12% range extension
    Requirements 711 MM 640 SI level 145

Form of the Executioner 30 Rifle 25 Aimed Shot 15 concealment 90 damage 15% range extension
    Requirements 859 MM 775 SI level 185

Those are the following buff schools that should be introduced or changed.. the new buff schools introduced will require the rifle I will mention later in this document to execute (similar to the NT cyberdeck). The following nanos are the support/combat nanos I have come up with for agent.. and will also require the rifle mentioned later on to be equipped to cast.

AoE point blank (around agent) 25m range blind + detaunt.. (the blind effect of this nano is not an attack rating debuff, it only helps the agents escape from a dangerous situation.) Defense based against 80% nano resistance.

Smoke Grenade 8 second blind duration with 400 detaunt "AoE effect"
    Requirements 250ish MM/SI and 150 nanocost cast time 2/8

Smoke Bomb 12 second blind duration with 700 detaunt "AoE effect"
    Requirements 450ish MM/SI and 190 nanocost cast time 2/7

Flash Bag 15 second blind duration with 1000 detaunt "AoE effect"
    Requirements 700ish MM/SI and 210 nanocost cast time 1.5/6

Flash Grenade 18 second blind duration with 1500 detaunt "AoE effect"
    Requirements 980 MM/SI and 240 nanocost cast time 1/5

Flash Bomb 22 second blind duration with 1900 detaunt "AoE effect"
    Requirements 1300ish MM/SI and 280 nanocost cast time 1/4

Divine Flare 30 second blind duration with 2500 detaunt "AoE effect"
    Requirements 1700ish MM/SI and 310 nanocost cast time 1/4

AoE Short Duration Root... useable in SL as well as RK based against 70% nanoresist

Paralyzing Cloud 25 second duration root "AoE effect"
    Requirements 300 MC/TS 120 nanocost spec 1

Paralyzing Storm 35 second duration root "AoE effect"
    Requirements 500 MC/TS 150 nanocost spec 2

Paralyzing Vapor 45 second duration root "AoE effect"
    Requirements 700 MC/TS 180 nanocost spec 3

Paralyzing Vortex 60 second duration root "AoE effect"
    Requirements 980 MC/TS 210 nanocost spec 4

Paralyzing Horizon 90 second duration root "AoE effect"
    Requirements 1450 MC/TS 250 nanocost spec 4

Single Target Medium Duration root, Very Strong against physical attacks.. works in RK and SL based against 100% nano resistance. Only works on NPC Targets!

Shackles of Dust 40 second root 25% chance to break on hit 30% chance to break on nano 0% chance to break on debuff.
    Requirements 250 MC/TS 90 nanocost spec 1 cast time 10/1

Shackles of Dirt 70 second root 20% chance to break on attack 25% chance to break on nano 0% chance to break on debuff.
    Requirements 400 MC/TS 130 nanocost spec 2 cast time 9/1

Shackles of Sand 90 second root 15% chance to break on attack 19% chance to break on nano 0% chance to break on debuff.
    Requirements 650 MC/TS 150 nanocost spec 3 cast time 8/1

Shackles of Earth 120 second root 10% chance to break on attack 14% chance to break on nano 0% chance to break on debuff.
    Requirements 850 MC/TS 190 nanocost spec 3 cast time 7/1

Shackles of Iron 180 second root 6% chance to break on attack 9% chance to break on nano 0% chance to break on debuff.
    Requirements 1250 MC/TS 250 nanocost spec 4 cast time 6/1

Shackles of Steel 210 second root 4% chance to break on attack 6% chance to break on nano 0% chance to break on debuff
    Requirements 1650 MC/TS 310 nanocost spec 4 cast time 5/1

That concludes the nano portion of the proposed agent changes.. onto the skill portions..

Right now there are two highly disputed skills that aren't working quite up to par.. (in the pvm area, and some in the Pvp area)

My proposed changes to those two skills... Aimed Shot and Concealment..

First, Aimed Shot:

Please, make this a truely "Aimed" attack, make the user charge up a certain amount of time to execute the attack, similar to a nano program.. Make it interruptable (chance depending on how high the AS skill of the user is).. my proposed changes.. first, remove the concealment requirement on AS, then make the maximum charge up time 10 second attack time on Aimed Shot that reduces 1 second every 200 AS skill.. Agents being the masters of Sniping and Aimed Shot give them 2 small advantages to this attack.

1) 4 seconds reduced attack time on AS.
    2) 10 point damage increasement every level and 100 every shadow level, this damage increase should only be applied to the agent's minimum and capped AS damage. at 200, an agent will have 2,000 higher minimum AS damage and a 15,000 cap while at 220 the agent will have 4,000 higher minimum AS damage and a 17,000 cap to AS damage. (still following the 40% max pvp damage rule)

This will give agents an advantage to Aimed Shot while still making it a viable choice to other professions as their main special attack. The charge up time can be easily countered by firing from the safety of concealment as the target wont attack until your AS is fully "Aimed" and it fires.

The next of these skills is concealment.. Now that AS no longer requires Concealment to use you can actually work with this skill to make it more of a support skill as it should be. My proposed change is to lower the perception of the highest level mobs so that you are less likely to be detected by them while concealing.. Next to still add a use for raising to high amounts of concealment.. Make it possible to use the maximum run speed while sneaking but cap it at the rating of your concealment skill.. For example, if a person has 2200 run skill and 1000 concealment, while sneaking the person will sneak at 1000 run speed.. however if another person has the same run skill but 2000 concealment.. the other person would be able to run at 2000 run speed.. etc etc... This will make it a very nice skill to use in support situations such as tower wars and missions and a nice travel skill for agents and other high concealment classes. Not only that but it will offer a welcome change for sneak attack users, like Adventurer and Shades.. They will finally have a reason to raise concealment.. so they can close in on a mob concealed and execute the attack.

Those are my proposed skill changes for you to look at.. onto the weapon ideas.

Being agents we rely so much on our rifle and that should never change, a sniper should be as dependant on the rifle to survive as the rifle is dependant on the agent to fire.. My idea is to make a rifle that we can get as the result of a basic quest at level 25 that starts at QL 25, upgradeable as you level 1 QL per level and 10 QL per shadow level.. at level 200 you will need to add a special item that the spec quest professor gives you once you complete spec 4 to be able to upgrade the rifle further through the shadow levels.. stats of the weapon at various levels.. scale appropriately.

QL 25: 40-90(60) 1/1 Projectile damage 80 bullets for ammo
    QL 200: 230-500(350) 1/1 Projectile damage 80 bullets for ammo
    QL 300: 400-900(600) 1/1 Projectile damage 80 bullets for ammo

This Rifle should require Visual Profession = Agent to equip, and should have playshift requirements so that if the agent mimics at all, the rifle will go to 0% effectiveness until Mimic is done.

Other requirements to equip the rifle at QL 300 are 1801 Rifle Skill 1001 Aimed Shot Skill.. scale the requirements down appropriately.

This rifle will also function as a "Cyberdeck" for the agent profession to execute all of the new nano formulae above, without the rifle equipped they will not be able to reap the benefits of the new nanos.

What I hope to accomplish through these changes is to phase agent out of the "mimic" style they use today into a more fluid sniper in the shadows playstyle.. The defense of the agent will no longer be casting Complete Healing and Init debuffs, or Using Mirror Shields or Mongo programs.. it will be rooting the mobs and staying out of their range so they dont get hit.. Snipers are not ment for close combat and they should be decimated when they get to close combat.. however when it does come to it they will have minor defenses through evasion (however will be nothing close to the true evasion mobs considering they have dark blue skill for it and hardly any perk actions that facilitate it.) This playstyle will be optional for any agent thus if they want to continue using the mimic playstyle they will be able to easily I'm just trying to give an effective option for agents to not use mimic.. since it will no longer be continued.

This has been discussed at great lenght before, but it cannot be stressed enough how badly this sucks....

Maul of Menestyr, 1100 init, 1300 AR does 24164 dmg over 30 secs (Maul dmg)

JotR, 1100 init, 1300 AR does 13320 dmg over 30 secs (JotR dmg)

I wish ... oh nevermind
    Last edited by Miqlo; Aug 3rd, 2004 at 11:31:46.
    Greetz & Leetz,
    Miqlo
    Squad Commander of Ragnarok!
    Miqlo by Mr.Fli

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast