Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Agent Wish List

Originally posted by Tenk

//my personal opinion, under extreme time pressure of developing shadowlands FC saw agent as being a profession being too complicated to balance properly (because mimic is so powerful in some situations) so they just didn't really give us anything much and forgot about us.
    Forgot about us?

On a hunch, I did a little research, and I'll start by saying that I do _not_ stipulate that this means anything at all, but it is eearily coincidental...

Here's a list of times of Cz:s recent postings in profession forums, can you already guess who finishes last on the atention scale? :P

Cz:s recent postings in different profession forums:
    -------------------------------------------
    Today: April 20, 2004

Adventurer - April 6th, 2004 17:51:11 (14 days ago)
    Agent - March 11th, 2004 14:53:01 (40 days ago)
    Bureaucrat - March 23rd, 2004 10:05:01 (28 days ago)
    Doctor - April 20th, 2004 11:38:11 (0 days ago)
    Enforcer - April 2nd, 2004 13:12:11 (18 days ago)
    Engineer - April 7th, 2004 17:19:11 (13 days ago)
    Fixer - April 14th, 2004 19:34:11 (6 days ago)
    Keeper - April 19th, 2004 10:51:11 (1 day ago)
    Martial Artist - March 19th, 2004 10:16:01 (32 days ago)
    Meta-Physicist - April 19th, 2004 22:18:11 (1 day ago)
    Nano-Technician - April 16th, 2004 12:30:11 (4 days ago)
    Shade - March 31st, 2004 12:17:11 (21 days ago)
    Soldier - April 4th, 2004 18:17:11 (16 days ago)
    Trader - April 19th, 2004 11:42:11 (1 day ago)

I'll grant, that since most of those posts are warnings to flamers/ranters/trolls to keep cool, it is quite possible that we are simply so well behaved that we don't need policing.. :P

Freaky tho to have a hunch like that and go on to prove it ...

//Miq

Edit: It ... *may* .... also be quite possible that we have been way too greedy with our chocolate-chip cookies
    Greetz & Leetz,
    Miqlo
    Squad Commander of Ragnarok!
    Miqlo by Mr.Fli

Well Cz aint a dev, i belive dev's watch these forums from time to time tho
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Maybe Cz trusts our professionals more so than others.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

How about making Death Strike and Assassinate have 2~ seconds casting time instead?

as i noticed people were asking for it being able to cast at 50%.. i'd say thats quite powerful - atleast my suggestion would make it go off before being utter useless
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

What about the following nano to up our damage:

Devil's Sting.

Nanocost: 5000
    Cast time: 10 sec
    Recharge: 10 sec
    Duration: 1min 20 sec
    Nanoskills: -2000 for 2 minutes
    Self_DoT : -500 Fire AC 40 tics at 2 sec
    PM: 1050
    BM: 1050
    SI: 1050
    NCU: 60
    School: Psi

Crit: +40%
    Rifle: +200
    AS: +300
    Damage: + 1000
    Level 201
    Spec 3

A kind of poisenous gift,
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

Would not really help our damage, as our damage problem is over time dmg.

"!Edit! oh wait i noticed duration was 1:30 min now mixed it up with casting time.
    Last edited by Phoenix; Apr 21st, 2004 at 17:14:35.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

okie on the devils nano.
    it seems like a very NICE nano and i would absolutly love itif FC made a naano for agents along that line.
    Unfortunatly 500x20=10k hp gone and we would be dead before the mob. i like the everything else about it. it sems a well balanced nano to be introduced in the game...if i were to change anything it would to add a HP mod onto it(that is if we are keeping the DoT)
    "Mother are they goin to drop the bomb"

I was thinking if funcom reintroduced Mimic nanos You could have...

Morph Shadow Profession (Doctor)

-500 Nano INt
    -200 to all nano skills
    +5% nano cost rate
    Ect ect..
    Able to use SL nanos (not things like pets ofc.)

Spec rec 4

I think it would be a neat idea
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

How about making symbiants Visual Profession?

Or better yet, just add def to our left arm and foot symbaints...and stick burst in our Right arm? Just a humble request.

I wish for world peace, and rifles that does more damage then my MA skills, at lvl 220.

Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Oh, I've suggested this probably 77 times, it'll never happen, but will always baffle me....

Why again does our Ruse of Taren line not add to any type of evades? I mean, we are smaller....therefore being harder to hit..or is it just me? Not trying to drag a limping prof in w/ us, but a fixer run buffs makes perfect sense to add to evades...and yeah, we can cast it...but why not add a small evade bonus to the Ruse of Taren line? Either that or a critical decrease...IMHO it makes perfect sense..then again I'm just an old-tired agent..

Talking I have an idea about using aimed shot multiple times....

I have an idea about using aimed shot multiple times within combat that would not be unbalanceing, and i was wondering what everyone though.

Maybe we should have special bullets like the cluster and homing ammo based off of burst in the fixer shop, but instead have a version that would work with aimed shot, that way in long combat we can use our aimed shot more then once in combat without hitting so hard and becomeing unbalanced.

P.S. I love my agent

How about Death Strike and Assassinate not requiring the target to be below 15% hp? Locking their use that way, especially since they are perk specials which have a very long recharge, does not make any sense at all, considering that, when scaling properly, they merely do comparable damage to a single Full Auto or Burst (respectively) from a Soldier.

This would be a good start to upping our damage output, particularly against boss mobs.

Green Aimed Shot.
    Aqua Ranged Init.
    Aqua Fling Shot.

Rifle can stay Aqua as far as I'm concerned. That reflects us being better at sniping than at open firefights.

Originally posted by Arlanon
    Green Aimed Shot.
    Aqua Ranged Init.
    Aqua Fling Shot.

Rifle can stay Aqua as far as I'm concerned. That reflects us being better at sniping than at open firefights.
    thats one thing im sure funcom will never ever do. if they changed this they would have to give out an full IPR.. and you know funcom and those

Wont happen for sure!
    Last edited by Phoenix; May 22nd, 2004 at 20:35:35.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

At the first full reset they gave out, I got a system message that told me I'd lost 157 IP points in the process.

If it KNEW I'd lost it, then why couldn't it have reimbursed me? lol

Please take some serious action regarding our profession's role. Are wespecialized damage dealers? Are we jack-of-all-trades? We need to know what you want us to be, and we need you to make us what you want us to be. Currently we are a bit of everything, but not really good at anything, and we do not progress in power past level 210.
    I totally agree with this, and after I read the Dev chat transcript where they say we are supposed to be the #2 damage dealer and we aren't it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.

I find myself looking for a team 3+ hours sometimes. I feel that people just don't want agents in teams and it starts to become very frustrating. My friend Iconwilliams once told me it was because of what he calls "The Title 5 blues" and he told me it would pass once I got to Title 6, but I find myself a Title 6 agent now looking for teams just as long and still not too desirable as a choice for team. Sure I can heal well, I can give NT buffs and do Baton but then there is that little grey area in which I cannot satisfy a teams wishes, when they call for perks of another class or SL nanos that we cannot cast.

I wish funcom would do something about this and either make us one or the other. A jack of all trades in which we can use SL nanos and continue along the path of subterfuge and mimicing professions or just make us raw damage dealers like they have set out to do but failing in their attempts.

Rezzner, 212 Agent of Midnight Reveries
    Opirezz, 108 Soldier
    Hateukthx, 14 Engineer

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Also, Kranden I think Spec4 is a little insane for a new mimic, where does that leave late Title 5 and early Title 6 agents?

Rezzner, 212 Agent of Midnight Reveries
    Opirezz, 108 Soldier
    Hateukthx, 14 Engineer

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Originally posted by Rezzner
    Also, Kranden I think Spec4 is a little insane for a new mimic, where does that leave late Title 5 and early Title 6 agents?
    Using the old mimic. Although I know multiple TL6 people with spec 4. At tl5 granted its difficult but tl5 agents are still in very good shape atm.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

Again...Rifle Choice and our completely screwed proffesion. Lemme start by saying that i started my agent because of the freedom i had to play as another proff and expierience a few different situations...noone appreciates doctors like us agaent..you all have had to doc no doubt. But why not unlock the rest of the RK nano's for us...oh we can use some MP pets..but not the high level ones...why?
    I want to know why you even bothered to make mimic MP nano...just for NSD cuz thats the only benificial thing at high level. Let me call Restite..lol
    We cant call any crat pets..we cant call slayers..um..maybe that would fill in our damage or lack there of..even if it was just cacodemon or something..and free up mezzpets so agents can do some soloing in SL. The way it is now a lvl 200 MP does like triple the damage i can do over time because the bow hes using is 300-300 and hes got Urolok and a mezz pet hanging around...im not saying open up the SL nano's for agents im just saying how about restrictions being lifted on ql 1-200 nano's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast