Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Agent Wish List

Agent Wish List

*** UPDATE ***
    Okey, we had a poll, these are the results. Wishlist sorted after priority.

Complete poll results: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...hreadid=256498
    *** UPDATE ***

1. We would like our SL damage buff proc effects to stack with each other to help increase our damage.
    2. We would still like more availability of good rifles. This is our main tool, and both more alternatives and alternatives that are possible to get for "regular" players are wanted. Change to turn spirits was good, but we still need higher, or more reliable droprate on Inamorata rifles up to QL 300.
    3. SL damage buffs need to scale better at higher levels, there is currently no use spending IP on using the nanos past Sickening version of each line. The damage increase and/or proc effects are not comparable to the nano skill cost.
    4. Duration on mimic profession is a big problem in longer fights, and often kills us in mid-combat when it runs out. We would like either increased duration, but cancelable after 20 mins (for example by letting the hostile nano auto-cast a 40 mins friendly nano on termination), or a new line of mimic nanos that increase in duration.
    5. Assassinate and Death Strike could use some tweaking to make them more useable, especially in teams where mobs die fast. What we would like is 1 second attack time, and/or HP cap increased.
    6. Would it be possible to increase perk special range to 40 meters? Or make them depend on current weapon range, so you can use items to extend them? Very annoying being a ranged profession that needs to stand at 20 meters to work properly.
    7. Please take some serious action regarding our profession's role. Are wespecialized damage dealers? Are we jack-of-all-trades? We need to know what you want us to be, and we need you to make us what you want us to be. Currently we are a bit of everything, but not really good at anything, and we do not progress in power past level 210.
    8. Snipe Shot 1 and 2, Called Shot and Night Killer shouldn't depend on other profession specials to be used. The entire perkline is mostly left alone by agents because of this, and it is a well known fact that so called "profession combos" have been a huge failure.
    9. SL evac nanos could use longer duration and better scaling on the duration. The fix that was done to them helped a lot, but they still lack a bit of useability due to extremely short duration. And there is little to no use spending IP on using the higher versions because the run speed increase is hardly noticeable. If duration scaled better on the higher ones, this would be the main reason to upgrade.
    10. A complete fix to concealment in PvP and PvM would be very desired. Currently it is too unstable in PvP to be used at all. It mostly works in PvM, but has a few minor bugs.
    11. The detaunt nanos currently have a 12 meter range. Could they be raised to for example 25 meters? That way they are still useful to us as a ranged profession, and we can use items to get it to 40 meters if desired.
    12. Many have suggested letting Aimed Shot be dependant on concealment in PvP (but not sneak-mode). This could help the problems with Aimed Shot in PvP, by making it rely on one more skill.

EDIT: Old **** written by Mattie here:
    What issues need the most attention?
    What things need to be changed for the agent?
    What would you like to see added to the agent's toolset?
    What changes would ya like to see funcom put into place in regards to our profession.

Post your ideas and thoughts!! Please keep them realistic though, and try to keep the discussion down to a minimum.

The top of my wishlist would be to make the proc functions on our damage buffs stack. It would make investing ip in them at least a little more usefull, and help our damage problem all at the same time!
    Last edited by Vipr; May 16th, 2005 at 14:04:15.
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

Hm i`ll start

First I think we all agree to give us damage superiority compared to others at 205+, we`re getting out-damaged by a lot of professions using things like Flux/Jobe pistols, and hm that makes me sick when they choose that 210 doc (for his damage) instead of that 204 agent...

I also remember that in the young states of the game (Or the test server) there was a False Breed nano... Could be fun to see it back =]

Edit : Also, make an extended mimic nano that lasts 1hr and you can delete?
    Last edited by Plastic Jesus; Feb 28th, 2004 at 17:15:05.

Personally I dont think it is a big deal to make procs on our damage buffs stack, they contribute very little to our damage anyways. I would prefer they either give us a new rifle with 300min dmg and good crit modifier / attack speed/recharge, or nerf mob AC to oblivion and make ql 300 inamorata / pinpoint rifles available in game. Oh and a change of dmg type on pinpoint rifle to projectile.

This is basically my wishlist, dont think they are too far fetched and wouldnt make us uber-gods in any way.

In my opinion, these first two need the most attention as soon as possible:

Decent boost to the +dmg part of our buffs, along with the possibility of the procs stacking. or a large reduction in skill req, nano cost and cast time.

A large boost in droprate on Joy of the xxxx weapons and turn spirits.

These are pretty much just wishful thinking:

Bit of tweaking to our symbiants adding nano pool and/or nano init, add all def in the left arm and foot(why is it only in the right arm? ) or access to a support profession line.

Longer duration on toxic shock, say, 30-45 mins with a 50-60 min recharge.

Deletion of the evac line and replacement with something alot more useful.

I'll add more as i think of it.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so lowly, This day shall enoble his rank. And gentlemen in England, now abed, Shall think themselves accursed they were not here; And hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

General of Adrenaline Rush

#1 on my list - A big boost to pvm damage. Just do it, somehow, someway. It's long overdue and has been promised. Oh and please do not make it another campfest or anything not worth the effort. That is all.
    Mimic: Agent

#1 on mine is to redo Aimed shot... a lot of other professions will moan but hell soldiers get FA that they can use under agro, even advies can hit 10k FAs under agro. It needs to be upped in damage, and/or usable under agro. The fact that we get od pretty easily in sl now is pathetic were supposed to be silent assassins or a "Finalizer" (actually that bit maybe true we are almost last in dmg chain)

#2 We need more rifles, in earlier playfields... Joy of the hunt/race drop nearly 3 playfields late.

#3 UP droprate on every prof specific weapon/armour... that will stop a lot of incidents, make every1 happier and far more ppl stick around to see what alien invasion will have... It will also "balance" out the damage each profession can do

#4 up dmg on joy of the hunt... an improvement it may be but its not enough

#5 Give a viable alternative to Hecklers for leveling up, maybe allow 200+ to get sk on RK in mishes etc

Ok these are only basic ideas but i think maybe if they could get this sort of thing ingame it would make a lot of ppl very happy, I think it would also take the heat away from the nano situation and make it a minor inconvience instead of all this major agro,

#6 tweak reqs on somethings like symbs and nanos down a lil

woah how did i forget that
    Last edited by Vipr; Feb 29th, 2004 at 00:14:05.

I think I'll only repeat what the others said, but here goes nothing:

1 - Obtainable, decent rifles. Compare Joy to the JAME. Not a big difference, why does it drop 2 playfields later? Totally stupid. Make a damn quest for it instead, be a bit more creative. Not just throw all usable stuff in loottable of 1 mob with silly droprate.

2 - Either resurrect/extend our FP nanoline, or something more useful. What we have gotten doesn't cut it. From the 3 (4) nanolines only the damage buff is usable - not that much tho...

3 - Damage buff lines not stacking. The 2 damage buff proc doesn't stack, which is silly again. Why would I bother cast a stupid nano that eats half of my nanopool, takes 20s to cast, and all it adds is +60 damage, pff we're not freaking soldiers/fixers with burst/full auto capabilities where +damage is that useful. I'm sorry if the devs still don't understand it, I don't think I could give a better explanation why does these nanolines suck real bad if they don't understand it now. These 2 nanoline proc effect SHOULD stack. Or should get improved greatly.

4 - Perk attacks. Most of our perk attacks check for 100% dodge - this means those don't land AT ALL on mobs 20+ levels higher then us. Is it intended?

5- Escape nanoline. 3 words: Just forget it. I have another 3 words for it, but those would got moderated. =P

6 - Symbiants. How come we managed to get prolly the most unimaginative bunch of those? Hello! Compare an infantry brain with an artillery one... Funny stuff, ha? Yea, and lower the requirements on the QL200+ ones, those are still silly...

I have a lot of other comments on other issues, but since those are not agent specific I won't go into those.

Agents will be the top damage dealers - ummm exactly when?

(Edited typos)
    Last edited by Draco; Mar 1st, 2004 at 14:37:17.

1. Better rifles earlier as has been stated a number of times.

2. Proc damage not stacking with the new nanos...why? They should.

3. Symbiant tweaking. Many of the Artillery symbiants are practically uselss IMO for your typical agent. If not tweaking them, perhaps letting us use a couple of other lines of symbiants.

4. The evac line is not only hard to use skill wise but also, all it does is evac you to reclaim. If it didn't drop all your health down it might be useful. Surely there is a better way. Perhaps instead of an evac line they could give us a short term evasion buff instead. Give us some form of defense even if short term.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    The evac line is not only hard to use skill wise but also, all it does is evac you to reclaim. If it didn't drop all your health down it might be useful. Surely there is a better way. Perhaps instead of an evac line they could give us a short term evasion buff instead. Give us some form of defense even if short term.
    Since they fixed it, it doesn't drop your health down at all...
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Heh...I must have missed that patch note...have not tried it since the depressing 1st time I used it. *giggles* Still, I'd like some sort of a defence besides "run away".
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

PvM damage in a form that comes without camping.

Don't mind if it's new perks, new nanos, new skills, new attacks, or even new weapons that can be blitzed. Or any combination thereof. But we do something like half the damage we should.

Thats all.
    Anatediaphobia:

The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

The uber gimp, now in accessible goodness:
    Gimp gimp gimp

Wishlist:

A rifle/sharp-objects req weapon. This weapon does not have Aimed Shot. Instead it has Sharp Objects. Something along the lines of:

Equip:
    Rifle - 1700
    Sharp Objects - 1000

Use:
    Sharp Objects - 800

Equip Time: 8s
    Atk/Rech - 1.5/1.5

Damage - 160 - 500 (500) - Chemical AC
    Max Beneficial Skill - 2500

On Use:
    Hit FightingTarget 1000 - 5000 Poison Damage
    Lock Sharp Objects for 10s

Thats what I want. I want the ability to use my Weapon Specials while in combat and not have to do some tricky maneuvering in order to do it more than once during a single fight.

Originally posted by Deleted
    Wishlist:

A rifle/sharp-objects req weapon. This weapon does not have Aimed Shot. Instead it has Sharp Objects. Something along the lines of:
    Sounds and looks like a harpoon. Nice idea, Mini.

Wishlist:

Equip:
    Rifle - 1700
    Sharp Objects - 1000

Use:
    Sharp Objects - 800

Equip Time: 8s
    Atk/Rech - 1.5/1.5

Damage - 160 - 500 (500) - Chemical AC
    Max Beneficial Skill - 2500

On Use:
    Hit FightingTarget 1000 - 5000 Poison Damage
    Lock Sharp Objects for 10s

Thats what I want. I want the ability to use my Weapon Specials while in combat and not have to do some tricky maneuvering in order to do it more than once during a single fight.
    To be honest, I don't quite see the point in this. If I misunderstand, please elaborate. But you might as well stick on a good rifle and use regular sharp objects from your inventory along with it. It's not like you have to unequip the rifle anyway, stick the sharp object on your hotbar and use it like a perk special.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

(Oh, and yes, droprate on good sharp objects need to be increased, already reported to devs)
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

I think it was an elaborate way to ask for specials usable mutliple times without any particular trick Morphex
    Dave "Endless" Lenren - Surprise! You're dead - RK3 Shade -
    aka Russel "Rushe" Lenren

Proud member of Enlivenment of Nyaya

We may need you to play twing-twang (NSFW)

More Guns Please Mattie

I want more guns! not just 1 I want a gun that does (I'm really trying to be realistic here and not throw silly number into the thing). I wan't to feel like I have an honest choice between muliple viable weapons that I can actually obtain.. not just one master gun.

Gun 1 - fast and steady (full def gun for soloing and hitting against high AC's)

ql200 250-250(250) - 1sec/1sec with AS as well
    ql300 500-500(500) - 1sec/1sec with AS as well

Gun 2 - Erratic Crit Gun (Copied from Ithaca stats, then interpolated up to ql300), change damage type to chem.
    ql200 4-211(717) - 1sec/1.5sec with AS and Fling
    ql300 4-312 (1121) - 1sec/1.5sec with AS and Fling

I want more guns as well, Joy of the race looks okay I'd use one failing the delivery of my gun 1 above.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

Personally... I hate AS. AS, as it exists, is the wrong special for Agents. A single up front high damage attack sounds great, but it works poorly for our very squishy profession. AS does not scale well at high levels in PvM. At higher levels that special won't even take a 10th of the target's HP off. We are left with having to finish the fight while taking massive hits and doing comparatively miniscule damage.

Why have a weapon -- I'd prefer a weapon ine or 4 -- with Sharp Objects instead of Aimed Shot? Sharp Objects is Green. Aimed Shot is not as green. If there is a good line of Rifle/Sharp Object weapons and several acceptable sub-lines, why spend the IP in Aimed Shot if you want to never use that special? IP gets tight in Shadow Levels. You should know Morph.

Flingshot is a Dark Blue skill for agents and, while I would love a decent weapon with AS/Fling, I'd probably ultimately be screwing myself over if I tried to follow such a weapon into high shadow levels.

Why have it on the weapon? So you don't have to worry about additional stacks, or running out.

Mattie asked to keep it realistic, and to keep the discussion to a minimum. If we weren't asked to keep it realistic my wishlist would have been:

AS sucks. Fix it. At low levels its great and all powerful. In PvP its overused. in high level PvM I can't do anything.
    Either support FP/AP/MP or remove it entirely. This half existance Agents have is truly dismaying.

Of course neither is realistic. Fixing one or both would take a great deal of time and balancing work. I don't think that the Devs are willing to do that with another expansion (Booster patch?) already in the works. Its also a bit late into game life to completely rewrite a single profession.

Giving a workable alternative to Aimed Shot will at least alleviate some of my frustration with the profession.

Please do like Mattie asks.... keep discussion in this thread to a minimum, just say what you want. If you feel like some idea deserves a discussion (for or against), make a new thread and link to it or something.

Longer Version of Mimic Doc

We could really use an increase on the timer on this mimic line, cuz its very annoying to recast the mimic doc nano every 20 min when youre the only healer in team.

/bullsaye

Mattie asked to keep it realistic, and to keep the discussion to a minimum.
    I just didnt want people filling the thread with things like, give us a 5k buff to evades with ruse3, or other rather far fetched ideas. But what you wanted del seems fine with me! And I also didnt want the thread to turn into a back and forth with arguments about someone's idea being silly. Funcom has to read this, so long rants and arguments can sometimes get in the way of suggestions people have put some effort in

But, if you feel something should be brought up here, dont let me stop ya. Thats what the forum is for, hehe
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast