Thread: Accept a mission *poof* disappears

Accept a mission *poof* disappears

Ok this is one i've been seeing complaints about all over the forums. As far as i can see no one has posted it here. Im not sure if this is the right place but with something this irritating i'd like to increase it's visibility.

1 out of 3-4 times you accept a mission, the missions screen closes and nothing happens.

Yes

That's right, one out of 3-4 times. Just as if you cancelled. Now your probably reading this thinking that maybe we are just pushing cancel instead of accept. Nuh uh. Nope, thats not it. I have asked other people at the terms if it is happening to them and they say yes. I've asked on guild chat (all lvl 100+ experienced members) and they have confirmed a frequency of 1 out of 3 or 1 out of 4.

Guys... I dunno what to say to you. This is just nuts. People spend hours camping terms looking for just the right item. I know it's an unforseen bug but i can only hope it has a high priority attached to its repair. This is bar-none the biggest time waster ive yet encountered in this game.

lag-death = 5 minutes. General lag and movement paralysis in BS/20k/newland accounts for maybe 1 minute per mission. This mission terminal problem however: 20 minutes to 1 hour a pop.

THis is so not not not not NOT fun. Please work on this asap. I have great faith mind you, you have all done a great job on previous 'serious' issues.

(bump if this is driving you nuts and you actually happen to read this forum pls)

This happens all the time ever since they brought down the servers.

It's very irritating because you lose a chance at a rare item due to this.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    This happens all the time ever since they brought down the servers.

It's very irritating because you lose a chance at a rare item due to this.
    That was propably the point. FC wants you to only do missions for clan application forms and maps. They don't think you should be "shopping" for stuff in mission terminals.

Bump. I dont like accepting a mission, and the game not accepting that I accepted the mission, so to speak.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    Bump. I dont like accepting a mission, and the game not accepting that I accepted the mission, so to speak.
    Exactly. There is NO EXCUSE for this!! I mean, when you click "buy" at the shop term, it buys the item, right? When you click "accept trade" when trading, the trade occurs, right? When you click on your special attack, it goes off, right?

This is a frelling stupid bug. This should be fixed before 14.2, not in 14.2!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

/me hits the "renew subscription" button
    Bronto_Cowboy: Hmm... that's funny, nothing happened. Must be the same bug as the mission term bug. Oh well, off to play Star Wars Generations I guess...

Re: Accept a mission *poof* disappears

Originally posted by Nalissa
    Please work on this asap.
    Believe me, we are. One of the main gripes at the moment, and I'm looking into it. I'll keep you all posted. If you can, as always, please try an give information on what mission types and what terminals you get these missions from (or not get, as the case here).
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Re: Re: Accept a mission *poof* disappears

Originally posted by Cosmik
    If you can, as always, please try an give information on what mission types and what terminals you get these missions from
    It's happened at every mission terminal I've used, but these are my main ones (all of these are single missions). The mission types I select are "Find Item" and "Assassinate". I'm usually looking for missions in Lush Fields, Clon**** or Andromeda.

- Rome Blue: terminal immediately west of highrise 7.
    - Rome Blue: terminal at NW gate into Rome Red.
    - Omni Ent: terminal at south grid terminal.
    - Lush Hills Resort

I always grab 3 missions at one time, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern as to which one of the three attempts will fail.

Unas

Thank you Cosmik!

I feel much better knowing that the boys at FC are working on it, and i'm glad to know that at least it's on the table.

I have noted it happening pretty much everywhere. Mostly i recieve missions at Tir NW, NE and South terminals. With alternate characters i have noted it on the south terminals in Omni-trade as well.

So far i have seen it occuring with 'Pick-up', 'return' and 'Machine missions' but i will admit i draw all these missions with the setting 'Full-bad' and 'full-money'.

If it helps, i have occasionally noted that the mission acceptance lags a bit sometimes when i choose. At the end of this lag I either get the mission or i don't. Im not sure if the lag is connected to the problem, or if not recieving the mission simply resembles 'acceptance-lag' because it well.. doesn't accept. =D

Anyway thanx for your response and im sure it will be handelled well .

Lightbulb The reason for this bug

Attention. *eherm* =)

My research results:

Whenever u delete a mission, without zoning, the deleted mission remains as a phantom or ghost mission. Since FC has decided to do something about the "after-mission-cleanup" to "speed up the servers", this is what has happened:

The Server's still think deleted missions exist, thus making new "accepted" missions invalid.

Many poeple accept missions for "save keeping" in-case they find a "better" mission later. and when they do they delete that backup mission, and try searching on the mission terms again, JUSt to find out that they have wasted their money and time.

So that's the reason:
    After-mission cleanup code interferes with mission deletion.

Immidiate fix for this bug (attention players!):
    Zone after u have deleted a mission, then zone back in.

Zat iz Awl foar 2-De!
    (That is all for today!)

- Natelie
    Bug-Bustah

P.S. U doubt the validity of my claim? Try it out urself. =P
    Delete a mission whilst accepting another and u'll just keep failing, and failing and failing.....and failing... AND FAILING!!!!!

HAH. =)

That is interesting too and probably related without a doubt.

But it can't be the only factor. I tend to accept only missions i want and never fail in completing them, so ive usually finished all 3 before i head back to the city i draw the missions in.

I dont know if i've ever noticed the probelm drawing team missions but i dont believe so.