Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes Afoot at Rompa Bar

Changes Afoot at Rompa Bar

Changes Afoot at Rompa Bar
    Jamior

Omni-1 Entertainment District -- (OTPC) -- After a long period where Rompa Bar was empty nearly every hour of the day, the organization known as Rompa Entertainment has decided to reinvigorate this establishment as a place for all to enjoy.

Today, Renato "Kalthazyr" Fecat, and head waitress Surgeon "Lareigna" Omni7, two board members of Rompa Entertainment, discussed their plans for the bar with me at the behest of their President, Wayne "Whaynn" Harbinguer. They will be updating the facility into something more enjoyable for all -- or, as Lareigna said, "making people feel at home, and trying to make them realize that life isn't about war, but about peace." Including, as it turns out, any clan members who may at wish to see or be seen at this hot spot, as was common in earlier days.

If conflict between factions does break out, bouncers will be on hand to resolve the dispute first through peer mediation -- or in extreme cases, bodily removal from the premises. Plans to draw people to Rompa will include an advertising blitz as well as securing quality entertainment. Freelance DJs will be considered, though an agreement may be reached with GridStream Productions to spin the tunes. Additional fun will include raffles, contests, and parties, all arranged by an energetic and enthusiastic staff.

In time, Rompa Bar should be a much livelier place to come and enjoy. The scene there should exceed it's former "good" days, Rompa Entertainment will reach this goal with your presence and participation!

any clan members who may at wish to see or be seen at this hot spot
    In the past I so enjoyed spending time relaxing in this quant and peaceful bar. Now, however I can never again eat at this establishment without making myself sick on the clan stench that can spend time there.
    Meldaeyn
    220 Omni Meta-Physicist on Rimor
    As long as the enemies of the corporation still draw breath, there can be no peace.

(Personally I think it's a dumb idea to make rk1 even more social than it already is. Why not bring your org to rk2 and do parties there at Rompa Bar, I hang out there all the time. I don't mean to seem rude, but I'd really like to see some actual social events over here, I have no interest in jumping back and forth on servers.)

That said, why let clanners into Rompa Bar? It's Omni Ent, let them have The Cup.
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

Yes. Dont let clanners come to Rompa Bar. We need a peaceful environment without endless discussions with clanners.
    Cant we just meet them at Reets?
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

[OOC]

Personally I think it's a dumb idea to make rk1 even more social than it already is. Why not bring your org to rk2 and do parties there at Rompa Bar, I hang out there all the time. I don't mean to seem rude, but I'd really like to see some actual social events over here, I have no interest in jumping back and forth on servers
    1) Dumb idea for you, great idea for everyone else in Atlantean.
    2) The org is from RK1, they decided to revitalize the social enviroment within the omni club in their server, this is not FC or ARK's doing, but the atlantean players.
    3) You want to see more social events in Rimor, then I suggest you take the example from Rompa Entertainment and start something yourself.
    4) If you have no interest in jumping between servers, then don't. I don't, I'm busy as it is in RK1.
    5) Instead of asking an RK1 org to do things for your server, why not ask an RK2 org to do something?

End of OOC...
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Personally, I will never set foot in that bar again until clanners are thrown out, unless it's on duty.
    Clanners on Omni-Tek grounds is not something I will support or aid in any way, so from now on, you'll find me in the much cleaner Baboons on my spare time.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

Actually, take the clan presence at Rompas as a compliment. They travel south, risk being shot at, all for the chance to have a drink and be seen at an Omni-Tek bar. You don’t hear about Omni-Tek employees hanging out in Tir bars. So, the next time you see a clanner hanging out in one of our bars, don’t get offended, just remember that despite their vocal claims that we are foul exploiters of nature and oppressors of the common working man, they still feel that our bars are superior to theirs deep down inside.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Originally posted by Nuhmudiira
    (Personally I think it's a dumb idea to make rk1 even more social than it already is. Why not bring your org to rk2 and do parties there at Rompa Bar, I hang out there all the time. I don't mean to seem rude, but I'd really like to see some actual social events over here, I have no interest in jumping back and forth on servers.)

That said, why let clanners into Rompa Bar? It's Omni Ent, let them have The Cup.
    I may not like the idea of clanners in Rompa, infact the recent "bonds" being establised since JAME opened their damnable portal is sickening, but at least have some restraint.

I have to admit it is good for those who want it, you don't like it don't go there, I wont. But don't bad mouth these people for trying to accomplish something they want.

/me turns on the OOC switch.

1. As Windguaerd was saying, RE is an independent player org, not an ARK arrangement. I started RE to actually help revive Atlantean's weakening social community.

2. As far as RK2 goes, I imagine that if the server had some interest in doing this, or someone had the initiative to carry this out, it would, of course happen. Therefore, if you feel so strongly about this you may try this little venture out on RK2 and see how it works out, although from the time I was playing on that server, the interest just isn't there, at least not on the Omni side.
    3. On social events:
    I'd say 99% of all social events going on in Atlantean are player-made and -planned. The only help I think we've gotten from Funcom or ARKs recently has been from the Reporters, who are doing an incredible job. The events that ARKs do carry out, from my observations at least, are small find-someone events where they pick random people from a zone to do a little quest, or the major storyline events like the Newland Crisis. As far as casual events goes, though, one should always depend on the players themselves.
    4. The reason we serve clanners at Rompa is simple: We want the Rompa Bar to be a relatively neutral place where people may enjoy a few drinks and relax without having to worry about the Conflict. That said, we also think that if a clanner got all the way through the guards in Omni-Ent just to come to Rompa, they at least deserve a drink before they walk out and get killed!

I have been saying that Whaynn was a traitor, but none would listen to me! They call me insane, they chase me out of Omni-1...and now they let that animal Whaynn bring the Clanners and their unsacred ways into our glorious city! Open your eyes, and see the true way. The path we walk is a treacherous one...we must correct our course, before it is too late.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

After reading the news, Jasziak thinks to herself, Well, it's nice that we are now welcome to Rhompas... the only problem left is to get Omni-Pol to stop shooting us at the gates...
    Jasmine Ziakara but everybody calls me Jasziak
    Unit Member of The Mockers
    Perks - Armor

Want to be a Mocker? Ask me.
    Want to RP? Let me know.

I am not a fan of Rompa ether.... Must be Whaynns undeciding mind. I had to quit because he wouldn't appreciate my ideas...

Ah yeah, poor Clanners, so oppressed, so poor, so lacking money that they need to go to Omni cities to have a drink... And we must 'course be kind to 'em, poor souls who's been shot upon by our Guards on their way in, hm... How I pity 'em <smirks>

Weird though, that when an Omni employee sets foot in tha Cup we're welcomed with screams of "oppressors" and "get outta here", but then Clanners seem to like our places, even seek 'em to have fun... Who are we mocking here?

I like goin' to Rompa's. I go there everyday after a long day of work to have a coffee and a lil' chat with friends. But if this is to turn this bar into another Reets, perhaps certain priorities should be revised. I dun't come to Rompa's to meet Clanners and fall into yet another political discussion or hear their whines 'bout how we oppress 'em and how tha bartender is mean cuz he won't serve 'em.

<sighs> I do hope we'll at least still be able to relax there, and that tha 'bouncers' will do their job properly.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I don't mind Clanners in Rompa. Yes I am aware for a clanner to come to Omni-1 without a visa is illegal, but in the scheme of things it small potatoes. I'd rather see the law enforcement agencies bring an end to the guard and merchant killings on the streets, more often than not perpetuated by "loyal" Omni employees. For me that is where the real problems are.

People on this planet are too quick to judge people by their race and culture. If you are Clan, you stink, if you are Unredeemed, you are evil. Whatever happened to treating each person as an individual?

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I don't mind Clanners in there either. Without them present, I would have much less fun telling my Clanner jokes.

How many Clanners does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None! They can't do it because I keep kicking out the chair from underneath of them!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaa!
    Last edited by Nevver; Mar 1st, 2004 at 08:30:47.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Eternalforce
    I have been saying that Whaynn was a traitor, but none would listen to me! They call me insane, they chase me out of Omni-1...and now they let that animal Whaynn bring the Clanners and their unsacred ways into our glorious city! Open your eyes, and see the true way. The path we walk is a treacherous one...we must correct our course, before it is too late.
    That doesnt mean we cant spike their drinks.
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

Originally posted by Savoy
    Whatever happened to treating each person as an individual?

Dabblez
    They will be treated like individuals when they start acting like individuals.

Member of clan & fight for clan causes = NOT an individual.

If they were 'individuals', they'd still be neutral.
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

I don't visit Omni bars. Reet's is good enough for me.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Re: [OOC]

Originally posted by Windguaerd

1) Dumb idea for you, great idea for everyone else in Atlantean.
    - Not everyone plays on atlantean

2) The org is from RK1, they decided to revitalize the social enviroment within the omni club in their server, this is not FC or ARK's doing, but the atlantean players.
    - I realize this

3) You want to see more social events in Rimor, then I suggest you take the example from Rompa Entertainment and start something yourself.
    - I cannot start something myself because I am already an active member in a very busy guild.

4) If you have no interest in jumping between servers, then don't. I don't, I'm busy as it is in RK1.
    - Exactly.

5) Instead of asking an RK1 org to do things for your server, why not ask an RK2 org to do something?
    - Most orgs I know of are already busy with their own things

End of OOC...
    The point I was trying to reach is the fact that I enjoy parties and would like to see more. It just depresses me to see yet another opportunity be taken on rk1 instead of rk2. I hear people complaining all the time about the shortage of parties on rk2, and no one seems to really be doing anything about it. Hopefully this can change.
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

((Well, maybe you can be the person that makes that change, Nuhmudiira. If not you, then someone else if enough players want parties and such. What RE and other entertainment orgs do are player-run events. If it can be done on RK 1, it can be done on RK 2. ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast