Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buffbeggars are ruining my game!

I still stay with my opinion - I do not own anyone anything. Yes I can cast infuses (well not just yet but within a day I can) but that does not mean I am required to buff anyone who asks me to buff them. It's not about money, I could ask money for the buffs as most of the people really needing them never tip me (engis and crats) but to me it's not about money. It's about time. It's my time and people asking for buffs are asking me to spend my time on them when I probably am doing something important to *me*. If I ever can stand around a crowded area without being drowned in requests for nano programming and buffs I might change my mind - as it is... I don't think so.

Re: Guaranteed answer to your problem!

Originally posted by Phikia
    I have the absolute best solution for people begging for your buffs.

Play an Adventurer.
    What about those people that want to be turned into animals?

uptight asses not responding to friendly tells where ppl ASK for a buff is ruin' my game - and mp's are the worst kind.

may the nerfhammer of doom demolish them into tiny cookies..
    "If I were to send you flowers, where would I....no, no, let me rephrase. If I were to let you suck my tongue, would you be grateful?"

Originally posted by Godt
    uptight asses not responding to friendly tells where ppl ASK for a buff is ruin' my game - and mp's are the worst kind.

may the nerfhammer of doom demolish them into tiny cookies..
    You are the Godt ?

Posting this, do you think,
    you will be less ignored by MPs now ?
    LOL
    May be you are already often ignored just because of your attitude ?
    Think about it

Isn't helping eachother like a big part of the game. If it's too much work for u pressing a few buttons in order to help someone maybe u should go do something else than playing, right?

It's so damn easy to buff some1, just be nice and do it. It never bothers me, sometimes when I have quantum wings running and have to cancel it's a little bothersome, specially if they know I'm flying, but I still do it.

I have never once begged anyone for buffs, yet have gotten all the buffs I've ever needed within 30 minutes. This goes for all my toons and I've been playing this game since beta. There are two ways to get any buff, almost any time. I'm going to let you in on the big "secret" since some of the clueless seem to having trouble.

1. Your guild. Join a good guild with good players. One of the functions of a quality guild is to provide it's players with equipment and buffs. One of the functions of quality players is provide their guild with the same. Give to others and you shall receive in turn.

2. The trade channel. I have no idea how people can overlook something so obvious. Get your butt on the trade channel, ask clearly what you want, and offer a fair price. Do you expect everyone to give you things for free in real life? Don't expect any different in the virtual world.

And for all you beggers out there who want to be spoon fed - I'm not your mom. Chances are she's sick of you too. Some of us are trying to have some fun, so let up with the guilt trips. This game is so friggin easy, I can't see how anyone has to beg.

Enough said.

Disclaimer: This is not aimed at anyone in this thread, but rather at those annoying few individuals that pester us all in-game.
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

Geeze, you know it all comes down to this:

If you want a favor, you'd best be polite about it. And depending on the buffers mood, a little flattery and groveling will be appreciated as well.

When someone walks up and goes:

"SG plz"

I say:

"Whats the magic word?"

and it usually straightens them right out. (plz is definitely NOT the word)

If I can determine that English is not their first language they get a few points for that, but rude/ungrateful is the same in any language IMO.
    http://webpages.charter.net/kwilliams00/ao/charpage.htm

I am back new to the game (have not played since launch last year) and have no idea what a wrangle or moachom is- please forgive my noobness. But coming from one that enjoys the challenge of the game, isn't playing the different classes supposed to be with pluses and minuses? I mean if you play a doc, you will not be a great fighter or if you play a soldier you will not be a great healer. If you get armor and skills way above your level just because some super high level can buff you, it takes away from the challenge of the game. I know this is a bit off topic but I agree with the people who don't think it should be an obligation of certain classes to buff everyone. If you want buffs so bad, play that class.

As a side note though, I have found most people so far really helpful and the community here really responsive to questions, even my hopelessly noobie ones. Thanks to all of you for that.

If it's too much work for u pressing a few buttons
    ------------

Apparently it IS too much work for YOU pressing a few buttons, no?

It's spelled YOU. You're not sending a telegram, and you're not in game in a rush to say something before death arrives on silent wings, here.

Couldn't resist, sorry. =)

I flat up don't charge for wrangles...
    If they feel like tipping, that's just fine and dandy.
    I won't force anyone to pay.
    However, if I am busy I will say no, and if they repeat requests, I ignore.
    Wrangle aren't that important to me...
    They don't give me a lot of money (no more than 500k in all my career)
    I use my trader's calm nanos mostly. I can use these to easily get mission rewards, sell for cash, keep them for myself, or give to guildmates.
    These items are a lot more permanent than wrangles.
    I have made half a million off of wrangles, but millions on millions off of mission items from calm nanos.
    Ask me to wrangle, I'll say "sure..."
    Ask me about an Item I got I'll say "How much you got?"
    ----------------
    And about that plz/ur/and all that sh!t leet-speak.
    I can't stand it. It drives me crazy.
    I can't stand people calling me dude or bro.
    I don't know them that well,
    and it makes me feel obligated

...obligated to ignore them.
    Cross into the blue.

I tell them to trade their stuff to the guard because they give more money then the shops.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Re: Guaranteed answer to your problem!

Originally posted by Phikia
    I have the absolute best solution for people begging for your buffs.

Play an Adventurer.
    I beg all adventurers for cat from, I'm fond of it. MEOW!!! MEOW!! MEOW!!!

But at least I crit buff them in return

Re: Re: Guaranteed answer to your problem!

Originally posted by Danae

I beg all adventurers for cat from, I'm fond of it. MEOW!!! MEOW!! MEOW!!!

But at least I crit buff them in return
    I love this morph too. MEOW!
    But as a prowerb says,
    its better to live in the house across from the beautiful house.
    So more power to the cat form beggars
    j/k

Thumbs up beggars

It is quite obvious that many people who have never played the buffing classes appreciate how this a slight annoyance can grow into a huge irritation.

If you look at each individual buff they are not all that time consuming, don't take a tremendous amount of Nano, and many would be achieved by the caster for himself anyway.

Lets go with a common scenario: I am standing at a mission terminal getting a new mission (no I don't use AOMD). Someone comes up and asks for a buff. Turn, find buff, cast buff (30 sec or so if it is a common one more if it is an expertise because they are not on my quick tool bar). Back to missions. Once this is no problem but if you start multiplying it; then the scenario can become very frustrating.

Don't consider this a personal whine, I buff people frequently, in fact it is one of the main reasons I became an MP, I like helping others out. It is part of my role playing. I do not consider someone shouting in the market rude, others do. Tells to me are more inconvenient than shouts because a tell often interupts my /r responses while a shout allows me to respond if I desire. Local non-shouting requests are the most preferred by me.

So for those who haven't been plagued for buffs don't judge too harshly those who are. I must admit that some of the reposts here illustrate exactly why some people playing buffing classes get so irritated. I do not owe people my buffs, I do not owe them my time and skills. I also would like to point out that since infuses and mochams must be found they go for like 1-1.5 million each on the channels. You want free buffs from me, you can have them for a lifetime if you go get me the nano crystals.

Those who have, consider how you would feel if you needed it and were ignored. Especially when you need them be sure to treat the other person as you would like to be treated.

One thing I have noted, those who are polite, and caring are also the ones who tend to tip. Yesterday (on the shopping channel) I responded and helped build an entire set of implants for someone. He was prepared, polite, and it went quickly. I thanked him for that and he noted that he did not like wasting other people's time. Then he tipped generously. Even if he hadn't tipped well the experience would have been positive.

I buffed an NT once who didn't tip but did cast HE for me (and was polite and grateful). I felt that was a very positive gesture. I have had the same offer of return buffs from many classes, usually not accepted but still appreciated.

Well That is my two cents.

Randalpho 78th Level Clan MP RK-1
    Not yet high enough to cast Infuses so who knows what my attitude will be then.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234